Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Saw the baby koi again today

clm
July 13th, 2008, 10:06 PM
First time I've seen him since June 25th when he must have just recently hatched. Little Nemo looks like a real fish now. Grown a lot in just a few weeks.
I was netting out a few mats of algae from the bottom of the pond and out swam Nemo. Dashed from the algae into one of the lilies, so I only got a quick look, but he's gold with black blotches and looks like a real miniature koi.
He'd be close to 2" long now. I'm hoping in another 2 or 3 weeks he'll have gained enough size to want to swim around with the herd a little.

Cindy

hazelrunpack
July 13th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Cool! :highfive: So does he get a Coming Out party when he finally comes out? :D And will you be able to get pictures of the little fella? :fingerscr

erykah1310
July 13th, 2008, 10:38 PM
NEMO :D:cloud9:
I'm so happy he's still alive, I cant wait to see some pics of him as soon as you can snap some:D

14+kitties
July 14th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Great that he's survived to this point. I guess he has a lot better chance now. :thumbs up Nemo!

clm
July 14th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Yep, his chances for survival are much better now. Unlikely I'll be able to get any pics of him until he starts swimming with the rest of the school. If he's hanging out on the bottom around the lily pots I'll rarely ever even get a gimpse of him. I didn't see my 2 small butterfly koi for 3 or 4 weeks after I put them in the pond.

Cindy