Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Finally, clear shots of Czarina.

ancientgirl
July 13th, 2008, 07:48 PM
These are the first really good pictures I've been able to take of Czarina.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Wicked%20Cats/020.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Wicked%20Cats/021.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Wicked%20Cats/023.jpg

KimandAutumn
July 13th, 2008, 07:49 PM
oh my, what beautiful coloring. What a sweetie. :cloud9:

ancientgirl
July 13th, 2008, 07:50 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Wicked%20Cats/026.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Wicked%20Cats/027.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Wicked%20Cats/028.jpg

KimandAutumn
July 13th, 2008, 07:51 PM
haha i just noticed the tag. I love it... the fishbones. LOL

ancientgirl
July 13th, 2008, 07:51 PM
oh my, what beautiful coloring. What a sweetie. :cloud9:

These are the first really clear and bright pictures I've ever been able to take of her. You can see her really well.

krdahmer
July 13th, 2008, 08:00 PM
I just love torties!! She really is quite dainty eh? Such a pretty girl... love the one where she's mashing her head into the chair!:cloud9:

ancientgirl
July 13th, 2008, 08:10 PM
I love the little head turn thing too. :cloud9:

All my girls have that little dainty thing going. The boys don't know it yet, but they are outnumbered. :laughing:

Chaser
July 13th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Oh my gosh....I just love her :cloud9:

Dracko
July 14th, 2008, 01:01 AM
AG, she is absolutely beautiful. I've always been especially fond of torties. Her eyes are so stunning in those pics, too.

My favorite is the one with her tucking her head under. She looks so happy and at home. :lovestruck:

Oh and I can't believe that she let you just put that collar and tag on like that.

ancientgirl
July 14th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Thanks Chase_Mom and Dracko. She is such a lovely girl.

It's kind of bright so you can't tell much, but here eyes have this color I've never seen before. They're sort of this seafoam color.

I was pretty surprised about the collar. I put it on her weeks ago, and the day I did, I expected her to put up a major fuss, but she was sitting on my lap and I just put it around her with no trouble at all. She even let me mess with it while I fixed it to get it the right size on her. She was so good about the whole thing.

Love4himies
July 14th, 2008, 08:39 AM
She sure is pretty, and looking very relaxed in your home.:lovestruck:

All your kitties match, lol.:cloud9:

ancientgirl
July 14th, 2008, 09:00 AM
She really wants out of the kitchen. She's now following me to the screen opening and even standing on her hind legs at the door wanting out. Hopefully in another month she'll be comfortable around the others enough to stop lunging at them.

:laughing:Yeah, they all match my decor.

growler~GateKeeper
July 14th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Great pics Ancientgirl :thumbs up

Love the last one :lovestruck: time for chin kisses :cloud9:

Jim Hall
July 14th, 2008, 10:45 PM
what a pretty Girrrrllll!!!

Frenchy
July 15th, 2008, 12:03 PM
wow , I love the third pic , her coloring and eyes are just purrfect :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
July 15th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Yeah that's a nice picture. But you really can't appreciate the true color of her eyes. I wish I could get a better more accurate picture so you can see them better. From the first moment I saw her, her eyes fascinated me. They're like mint or sea foam color, that's the only way I can describe them. Maybe it just depends on the light, but none of the others eyes change in color. Vlad and Oksana have yellow eyes, and Maks and Kiska's are more hazel/light brown.

hazelrunpack
July 15th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I love her two-toned face. :cloud9: So beautiful! A friend of mine has a cat named Emma that has that same color combination and a half-and-half face. So Emma must also be a tortie? :o (Hey, we have spotted dogs...no torties in there! :laughing:)

ancientgirl
July 15th, 2008, 01:25 PM
When I got Kiska the woman at the vet office I got her from said she was a tortie, but she's more like a tabby/calico or something.

I've always thought dogs with the brindle (?) coloring were kind of like the torties of the canine world. :D

rainbow
July 15th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Great pics of beautiful Czarina. :lovestruck: You can really see how much more relaxed she is........especially in the last pic. :cloud9:

ancientgirl
July 15th, 2008, 07:47 PM
She was for a while that morning. I just let her out for an hour or so this evening. Oy! She was not in the mood for the gang today because she was swatting and growling AND lunging. Took me forever to get her back in the kitchen.

I know she really wants to get out of the kitchen to explore, but I'm going to have to confine her in there for another several weeks. I thought she'd sort of let me know when she was ready to socialize, and I thought that's what her wanting to explore meant.

I don't think any of the progress that's been made was damaged. She just still doesn't trust the others. I really don't think the medication has kicked in much. She still feels anxious to me especially with the others. She's got to feel more comfortable around them before she goes out again.

hazelrunpack
July 15th, 2008, 10:02 PM
When I got Kiska the woman at the vet office I got her from said she was a tortie, but she's more like a tabby/calico or something.

I always thought Emma was a calico...only no white...so then I wasn't quite sure how to classify her. But she looks very similar to the lovely Czarina...basically two-toned orange and gray. :lovestruck:

krdahmer
July 15th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Kiska might be muted torty, thats what the rescue lady that helped adopt out papa called the one in the cage next to him... she said there was Torty which is the darker browns etc, then a muted torty that has more gray/lt brown.

krdahmer
July 15th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Actually I went and peeked at those box pics again, with those stripey arms of hers she might be part tabby. :shrug:

ancientgirl
July 16th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Yeah, I think Torties are more splotchy with tans/browns and variations of those colors. At least all the ones I've seen are like that.

Kiska is a little mix of everything I think. :D I read somewhere a term Torbie, part tabby part tortie. :shrug: I don't know, she's just cute:lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
July 16th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Kiska is a "Torbie with white" or a "Caliby" because she has tabby colouring and also calico colouring. If you took out the tabby colouring & filled that space in with the rest of her markings she'd be a calico, she's not actually a tortie because her colours are more defined patches rather than more blended colours like Czarina who is a tortie.

The term "Torbie" refers to a patched tabby but with Kiska you add the "with white" to the term because she has definate white, not just the creamish tone.

Hazel's friends cat is a "Dilute or Blue Tortie" with colours of blue/grey, orange/fawn & cream & no white

chico2
July 16th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Aww ancient,she has such a little girlie face,very,very sweet.
It's strange,but I think it's quiet easy to see if a cat is a boy or girl,just by their faces.

ancientgirl
July 16th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Growler, yeah, she's certainly mostly tabby, but it's those bits of color and then the white that makes her coloring so interesting.

Chico, Czarina does have such a pretty little face. For me, when I look at my gang I totally see the boy in Vlad and maks. But the girls have these delicate little faces. :cloud9: