Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Some of my Lillies..

chico2
July 13th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Here are some,still some others are not blooming yet..
Boy,there are a lot of new gardening-post,I have to check them out,with the Forum sooo slow,I have not had time too.

chico2
July 13th, 2008, 05:03 PM
One more+a weird supposedly rock-garden plant that is now blooming tall,don't know what it is:shrug:

growler~GateKeeper
July 13th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Chico I love the purple lilies those are so pretty :cloud9:

Chris21711
July 14th, 2008, 09:01 AM
I just love Lillies Chico, some of mine are out now, some already finished :sad: I just wish their bloom time was longer. Yesterday I bought a new Daylily called Strawberry Dream (or something similar) it is to die for. Will post a pic when it blooms. The rock plant thingy, my neighbour has one, weird aren't they?

JanM
July 14th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Beautiful! I seem to be gravitating to more and more lillies - they are just so pretty! I'll see if I can get some pics of mine and post them.

14+kitties
July 14th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Beautiful lilies Chico! I have some blooming now too. I too wish the flowers lasted longer. :sad:
Your rock garden plant. Will do a search to see if I can find it. I don't recognize it from that angle. I thought at first Edelweiss but then took another look. Nope. Rock plants are not necessarily small. It just means it can grow in a very confined space and dry conidtions. They mostly have a very small root system. I am still looking for the plant. No success yet.

chico2
July 14th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Chris,there is a lily that blooms all summer"stella d'oro"or something like that,but the blooms are a bit smallish and yellow.

14+I have another pic somewhere,it's almost cactus-like,first year I see blooms,kind of cute.Here it is..

glasslass
July 14th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Your lilies are gorgeous! I'm not sure how well they would do in my yard. That's something I need to try! I love how long they last when I buy a bunch to put in the house.

glasslass
July 14th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Hah! These are sitting on my desk here at work. Never have to water them - silk thrives on neglect!;)

glasslass
July 14th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Opps! Ta Da!! My lilies!

hazelrunpack
July 14th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Chico, all your lilies are just :cloud9:...but I especially like the white ones! Do you know what kind of lily they are?

Chris21711
July 15th, 2008, 09:13 AM
I have a Stella D'or Lily plant Chico. I really like their creamy yellow colour. The new Lily plant I bought on the weekend is a Creamy Pink with a darker throat, although the place I bought it are notorious for mis-labelling, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

:offtopic:This place where we go, normally there is nobody there and they depend on the honour system and have a locked cash box near the exit and you just place your money in the box and go on your way. Not too many of those places around.

14k - if you make it around these parts (I know you said early fall) It is 5 mins. from Newmarket.

Sorry to hi-jack Chico. :)

chico2
July 22nd, 2008, 05:01 PM
Hazel,no,I don't know what the white ones are,Oriental something:laughing:
the Stella d'oro will bloom all summer long,which is nice Chris,I have one in the front and one in the back.
Here are a couple of my late-bloomers,otherwise most of them are done:sad:
+ a pic of my very active garden-spot in the back.

Chris21711
July 23rd, 2008, 10:51 AM
Love the Lily in the middle pic Chico. My Stells D'or seems to go through a flowering spell and then that is it, is there some secret to keep it continually blooming, please tell if there is.