Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Urgent Help Needed!!

Winston
July 13th, 2008, 11:44 AM
If there is anyone at all that can help save this girls life please respond. She is sitting in a HIGH KILL shelter and has until Monday! (tomorrow) Ideally an adoption would be awesome but if there is anyone able to offer her a foster home please let us know. We have tried many many shelters / rescues and they are all full. Time is running out!! I am sorry I have posted this late but I just found out! I dont have alot of info yet on her but will be getting some more info soon! You can PM me or contact

info@gsrt.net

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=11230620

Cindy

Frenchy
July 13th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Winston , you may want to contact them : info@blueribboncanine.com

They are the GSD rescue here in Quebec. I would but I don't know anyone personally at that rescue.

Love4himies
July 13th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Oh I hope you get him out of there!!!

Winston
July 13th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Frenchy thank you! I will pass it ont omy contact that can make the call...any help will do! we just need to get her out of there!! :thumbs up

JanM
July 13th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Good Luck! She is truly beautiful.

Winston
July 13th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Forgot to mention that

She is up to date with routine shots.
She is already house trained.
She has been altered.

cpietra16
July 13th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Winston, how old is she?

Winston
July 13th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I beleive she is either just under a yr or just over a year...I will find out exactly..

Winston
July 13th, 2008, 12:54 PM
We are guessing between 1-2yrs...as well I was just emailed this as well

She is cautious with strange people and dogs, but is ok once properly introduced. She is good with cats. A foster home with a medium to large sized friendly male dog would be good, I would not suggest female or small dogs.

Cindy

rainbow
July 13th, 2008, 01:21 PM
She is beautiful :lovestruck: .....I hope someone can help out soon. :pray: :fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Chaser
July 13th, 2008, 01:25 PM
PLEASE keep us posted on this Winston :pray::pray::pray:

Frenchy
July 13th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Frenchy thank you! I will pass it ont omy contact that can make the call...any help will do! we just need to get her out of there!! :thumbs up

I'm hoping they will take her. They also have a kennel/boarding place and always help other rescues. We "use" them as a meeting place , and they also can board a dog for us (for a short period of time) until the foster family can get them , free of charge ! They are really nice people. :thumbs up

Winston
July 13th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Thanks so much guys! I dont have any control really in who gets to take her but I will most definately keep up the fight for a home for her! and I will send you updates as soon as I have some...this one has to be fast though a committment is needed by tomorrow:yell: I have pased on any info from here!! so lets hope something comes through!

Cindy

rainbow
July 13th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Thanks for everything you are doing, Cindy. :angel: And, to Frenchy too. :thumbs up

Good luck.....I hope you hear something soon. :pray: :fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes:

krdahmer
July 13th, 2008, 03:39 PM
How do you think she would do travelling in a big rig? Wait I better clarify that... if she is up to date on shots etc, and no other foster home could be found, I'm sure my husband would be happy to take her on the road and give her more time. A little unorthodox I know... but better than the alternative? He's had German sheppards before so he knows dogs (I on the other hand am completely green when it comes to dogs).

rainbow
July 13th, 2008, 03:43 PM
How do you think she would do travelling in a big rig? Wait I better clarify that... if she is up to date on shots etc, and no other foster home could be found, I'm sure my husband would be happy to take her on the road and give her more time. A little unorthodox I know... but better than the alternative? He's had German sheppards before so he knows dogs (I on the other hand am completely green when it comes to dogs).

But what if your hubby falls in love with her? ;)

krdahmer
July 13th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Well... I'm not sure about that, I know he will, but our house is so small (although the yard is huge) and a dog with the cats makes me nervous. And I of course have to pass this by him first, I just know that if she has no one else... I don't think it would take much convincing here. (I don't want to get ahead of myself but also, my inlaws have been hinting at wanting another dog- they had King, hubby's german and their last two cats passed in the last year... so say hubby was to take her there in the truck... well a permanent home could be possible.... keep in mind I am leaps and bounds ahead of myself... :o)

rainbow
July 13th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Well since time is so short I think leaps and bounds are needed. Is your hubby home now? :)

krdahmer
July 13th, 2008, 04:00 PM
He's down the street helping a neighbour with their pool... he'll be back soon. But we have to leave for my mom's bday party at 4:45.

krdahmer
July 13th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Said neighbours wife is now trying to get him out of the pool for me...

krdahmer
July 13th, 2008, 04:13 PM
He said yes... without hesitation. So I pm'd Winston my number, and I will also give her my cell for while we are at the party. :)

rainbow
July 13th, 2008, 04:15 PM
WOO HOO....I hope something works out. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Frenchy
July 13th, 2008, 04:18 PM
He said yes... without hesitation. So I pm'd Winston my number, and I will also give her my cell for while we are at the party. :)

yesssss ! :goodvibes:

rainbow
July 13th, 2008, 04:21 PM
krdahmer, I just had to come back and say thank you to you and your hubby. :grouphug:

Winston
July 13th, 2008, 04:23 PM
You guys are simply amazing! I dont have any control over this but I am going to email my contact and pass this info over to her. Lets hope something works! what an amazing group here! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
July 13th, 2008, 04:25 PM
:fingerscr that it works out for this beautiful girl! :goodvibes:

rainbow
July 13th, 2008, 04:30 PM
I'm getting so excited :goodvibes: ....I hope something can be worked out. :fingerscr

Stacer
July 13th, 2008, 04:51 PM
We're keeping our fingers crossed here that krdahmer and hubby can help this beauty out. :pray::fingerscr:fingerscr

growler~GateKeeper
July 13th, 2008, 05:05 PM
:fingerscr :goodvibes: :fingerscr

chico2
July 13th, 2008, 05:18 PM
OMG,Winston,why would they kill a young healthy GSD,?:sad:
Dahmer,maybe hubbies dream-dog is found:fingerscrthat would be just wonderful..:fingerscr
I was thinking my son in Hamilton,but he has 2 female dogs,a Jack Russel and a Sheltie:yell:

Toonces
July 13th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Hope this all works out!!:goodvibes::fingerscr:goodvibes:

Winston
July 13th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Chico its seems they would kill a young one! I guess if your full? and everyone seems to be full these days....which just breaks my heart everyday to know that an animal is killed to make room for another and another and another! Our laws are crap and people need some serious education!! pets have become more disposable than garbage really? we have more laws for garbage than pets!

:sorry::offtopic:

Cindy

Winston
July 13th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Toonces you know what this is like!! you have been through some rescues before! with all the contacts here and through GSRT something has to work out for this pup! she so young and deserves a chance!

Cindy

Toonces
July 13th, 2008, 06:44 PM
You are right she sure does, lets just keep our fingers crossed for a foster home, will say some extra prayers tonite:pray:

Winston
July 13th, 2008, 06:45 PM
that would be great! :thumbs up ( I think Beauty will be getting lots of those tonight!!)

angeldogs
July 13th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Fingers crossed and sending up a prayer a foster home can be found.

krdahmer
July 13th, 2008, 08:50 PM
I won't be here tomorrow much, but hubby should be... feel free to let him know if we are needed. I'd love to be able to help her out! I just couldn't live with knowing that sweet face was gone for no good reason....

And it's not off topic at all Winston... it is absolutely appauling that there are more laws and restrictions for refuse than there are for pet ownership! :frustrated:

Winston
July 13th, 2008, 09:08 PM
It may take me some time to find out more info....I am off this week and my contact is back to work tomorrow...she promised to let me know whats going on asap... but I know for sure that she wont let anything happen to her if she possibly can!! She is a doggie angel herself!! So dont get too worried if I dont post right away...I have some appointments in the morning but will be around after..again THANK YOU for caring so much to open your home or help!

Can you send her an email as well so that we have covered all the bases! you can send it to

info@gsrt.net

Cindy

krdahmer
July 13th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Done! :thumbs up

14+kitties
July 13th, 2008, 09:23 PM
You guys have me in tears here. And believe me, I have shed enough of those today! Thank GOD for ALL of you who do this!!!!!!!! I can not say enough about you guys!!!!!!!! After reading elsewhere about another situation which ended badly to come in and read this is absolutely AMAZING!!! A BIG BIG :grouphug: to you all for all you do!!!!!!

Frenchy
July 13th, 2008, 09:27 PM
pets have become more disposable than garbage really? we have more laws for garbage than pets!

You are absolutely right ! Just as an example , the city where I live gave a recycling bin to each residents here , "forcing" us to recycle (fine by me ! :thumbs up) but shelters put down cats and dogs to make place for others coming in .... :wall: so they make us recycle our garbage while animals get put down. :wall:

Winston
July 13th, 2008, 09:59 PM
:thumbs up thats exactly what I mean!! it makes me sick..and to think this is the mentality of our future? the next generation?? OMG :yell:

even our pest control laws are more enforced than animal cruelty!

allymack
July 14th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Good jobkrdahmer:thumbs up, thats awesome! And thanks for tryign to save her life Winston, she is absolutely gorgeous!

chico2
July 14th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Cindy,sorry,I guess I am naive, the Oakville Humane would not kill her:sad:
:fingerscrfor Beauty(her name??)

Love4himies
July 14th, 2008, 09:46 AM
:pray::fingerscr:goodvibes: that all works out for her. krdahmer and hubby, you are :angel:s!!

krdahmer
July 14th, 2008, 09:50 AM
We haven't heard anything yet... I'm hoping maybe Winston has and will update us. I just :pray: that something can be arranged so she gets out of that shelter!

ancientgirl
July 14th, 2008, 10:08 AM
I just saw this. I hope things work out for this girl. :pray:

lotus
July 14th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Any news on this beauty? My :fingerscr that she got out of there in time :pray:

krdahmer
July 14th, 2008, 01:28 PM
I just saw on the site, that there is yet another in urgent need too... a senior male George.:sad:

We tried to call someone from the rescue but her mailbox was full and we still haven't heard anything.

:fingerscr that they are all busy down at the shelter trying to get these guys out!!! :pray:

Love4himies
July 14th, 2008, 01:29 PM
:fingerscr:fingerscr

ancientgirl
July 14th, 2008, 01:39 PM
:wall::wall::wall::wall:

It never ends. :sad:

Hopefully those voice mails are heard before they make any rash decisions on the fate of the animals in their care.

krdahmer
July 14th, 2008, 02:01 PM
You know it's days like these that make the ones where I want to kill him tolerable.... Chase is just pacing worrying about this girl, and upset that we haven't heard anything yet. :lovestruck: He's such a big softy sometimes... and he's ready to march down there and kick somebody if anything happens to her. :rolleyes: He's raving about no one being around to answer the phones.... I tried to explain that these rescues are fueled by volunteers that they do have other jobs and sooo very many animals to look after... he's just so riled up I want to squeeze him for being so passionate about something so very important to me! :2huggers:

ancientgirl
July 14th, 2008, 02:16 PM
I don't know where this place is, but is it too far to drive there? If not, maybe taking a drive and lighting a match under someone will help. I can't understand if there is someone willing to take this dog off of their hands, why someone can't call back. There has to be someone manning the phones.:shrug:

chico2
July 14th, 2008, 02:40 PM
I see she already is in a German Sheperd rescue in Toronto,I am surprised they would put her down.
I always thought a specific breed-rescue would not euthanize,no matter what.
:pray:she is still ok,Dahmer give hubby a huge hug from us here..
Even my hubby said we'll take her,but then sanity prevailed:sad:

krdahmer
July 14th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Just got an email back finally:

Hi there, thank you so much for your email. We actually did get an offer
from a relative of one of our other volunteers, but thank you!!

SO it looks like she is ok!!! :thumbs up:highfive:

I sent mail back that our offer stands for George the senior male too, if no other place can be found.

ancientgirl
July 14th, 2008, 03:16 PM
That's great they found a home for her. Hopefully George can find his way to you now.:fingerscr

Toonces
July 14th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Hi there,

I met George at QHS yesterday he is quite the dolly has very bad back legs so no stairs for him, there maybe something in the works for him also:fingerscr

Love4himies
July 14th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Glad to hear the german shepard is going home :thumbs up

Now I will keep my fingers crossed for George.:fingerscr:pray:

Winston
July 14th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Okay guys! I am so sorry to get back to you all so late but it has been a pretty busy day for me! I want to thank you all for being so king and generous and being willing to open your homes to these dogs.

KRdahmer I am sorry that your hubby was upset but you are absolutely right on the money! the organization is soley dealt with by volunteers who have full time jobs and such! and they do all of this on there own time and money! I am so proud to be part of a group of people who stand by their beliefs and would do anything to save an animals life..

Chico the website shows GSRT as being responsible and that is because they know to call before any drastic measures are taken. The dogs we save are dogs that didnt get adopted for whatever reason or perhaps they need some rehabilitation for things! or they have been passed by?? GSRT would never take a dog into their custody and threaten to put it to sleep....

Beauty is going to a foster home for now! thank DAWG! there will be many more like Beauty! there is always more!

Once again thank you to ALL of you who took the time to try to help this precious girl! I will ask GSRT if we can get some new pics in her foster home!

Thank you !!

Cindy

chico2
July 14th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Winston,sorry,I was reading the Petfinder ad and I think it said she was at a Sheperd rescue.
I am glad she has a foster to go to,but that means she's still up for adoption,right?
We used to know a long-distance trucker with a big cab and a bed in the back,he always had his dog for company and the dog was as happy as anything.
Hope George will be ok too,but his bad legs might not be good for a truck,still better than being put down:fingerscr

Winston
July 14th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Chico I dont think George is in the same location and I think he is already safe!

Your right Beauty is safe and in foster care. She will need to be assessed before anything happens. The reason being is that GSRT normally pulls these dogs out really fast and they do a more extensive assessment once they are settled a bit! She will go up for adoption.

A great friend of mine has Greta who is up for adoption. SHe is a perfect example of why assessments need to be done. She was turned in because the person had heath issues and couldnt handle her. I have seen her in action and she CAN be a handful at times. But she was assessed after coming into care and she does have some dominance issues they have worked on but she will have to go to a certain person that can handle her! These dogs are all different.

Cindy

Toonces
July 14th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Chico George is at QHS in Belleville I met him and and a shepherd cross looking for foster care both lovely dogs I am sure the female will get adopted by quinte she is young, healthy and full of kisses and love, I don't think George would be good as a companion for a trucker he could never get in the truck and was fearfull of even a horn beeping he would do best in a one level home, no stairs and not many walks and that is what GSRT is working on now, as Winston said all of the dogs are acessed in foster care and matched with the perfect home, the adopters know every quirk and how to deal with it....that is the beauty of foster homes...no surprises

Winston
July 14th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Thanks for sharing that Toonces! :thumbs up

rainbow
July 14th, 2008, 07:51 PM
I am so glad that everything has worked out and the Beauty and George are both safe. :highfive:

krdahmer, your hubby must be quite disappointed :grouphug: ....did you leave your name with the rescue for future dogs? :goodvibes:

krdahmer
July 14th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Hi there,

I met George at QHS yesterday he is quite the dolly has very bad back legs so no stairs for him, there maybe something in the works for him also:fingerscr

Ya George would not do well here then. SO glad they are both getting more time... and hopefully soon furrever homes too! :goodvibes: :pray:

Actually hubby really has his heart set on a lab or lab cross for the truck, he has the bunk bed/ kitchenette set up in his truck, a big volvo, so lots of room to move around and stand up etc for people... so plenty of room for a larger dog. We probably aren't going to look until the fall or spring. About the same time we might be looking for a larger house too! (that way I can foster kitties again!)

Frenchy
July 14th, 2008, 09:58 PM
he's just so riled up I want to squeeze him for being so passionate about something so very important to me! :2huggers:

That is so cute ! :cloud9:

I am sooooo glad both dogs are safe !!! :thumbs up

14+kitties
July 14th, 2008, 10:02 PM
I think all the dogs in shelters should have people working as hard for them as the doggy people in here do. That is fantastic news!! :highfive:

Winston
July 14th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Thank you Frenchy! and thanks for the contact info!

chico2
July 15th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Toonces,Winston,I think fostercare is an wonderful thing and the fosterparents equally wonderful.
A shelter-environment must be stressful for any animal,difficult to judge their personalities.
I sooo wish I could foster and help out:sad:
Before this Forum,I had no idea,there are as many people out there,who help pups and kitties in socializing and prepare for a new home:thumbs up

badger
July 15th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Neither me, Chico, it's a hidden army.
I'd love to foster a dog or two one day but at the moment...:p

Toonces
July 15th, 2008, 05:39 PM
George is still waiting for a foster but he has won the shelter staff over such a good boy and Quinte has a very good rep. He is a very good boy but somewhat timid of things.

krdahmer they do have a very nice black lab there I saw when I met George ;)

LL1
July 18th, 2008, 01:44 AM
I sooo wish I could foster and help out:sad:
Before this Forum,I had no idea,there are as many people out there,who help pups and kitties in socializing and prepare for a new home:thumbs up

Chico,why don't you?Rescues are nothing without fosters.Foster parents are the unsung true heros!

chico2
July 18th, 2008, 11:54 AM
LL1,there is just no way my Rocky would let a dog in to the house,he likes to eat dogs and sometimes me:evil:and the others would hide for the rest of their lives:cat: