Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I Have My Horse!!!!

erykah1310
July 13th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Whooo Hoo!
Finally, the horse dream has come true:D:highfive:
At random yesterday, a few people who had yearlings, weanlings and mares for sale were calling here telling us of the horses they were selling and had heard through people that we were looking for one or 2.

Everyone said that they had heard we were very loving and caring people who treated our animals with so much love and respect that they had really hoped we would be interested. ( its so nice to hear that from strangers, the word going around that you are a great pet person)

So, after alot of driving around and spending time in pastures with their horses and getting to know them and the horses getting to know us and so on.

I fell in love all over again with a black and white paint mare ( 3 years old)... almost decided on her but had a hard time as there was another mare who was a brown and white paint with blue eyes who kept on following us around, nudging and rubbing on us, she had a little filly as well ( 1 month old) who my man had fallen in love with. As the filly would lay in the pasture my man would sit down on the ground petting her and rubbing her legs, she loved it.

Either way, after a bit of debate between us two last night we decided on the black and white mare... called just now, she's sold:wall:
I asked about pricing for the mare with the filly, "For you because I know you will take exceptional care of her... $1200 for the both of them"

Me: "Sold"

I pick them up next weekend, ( we have to put in better fencing for the filly)

I think its best that the black and white mare was sold on me.. I had bonded more to her than she did to me anyways but brown and white blue eyes was all over me:cloud9::lovestruck:

I dont have pics yet, but hope to get some soon next weekend will be the latest I PROMISE!:D

Writing4Fun
July 13th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Congratulations on the newest additions to your family! :highfive: :lovestruck: You are sooooo lucky!! You had better post those pics soon! :D

LavenderRott
July 13th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Now how in the world do you post a story like this and NOT have pictures!!!

Congrats! I have always wanted a horse. Guess I will have to do with the year I worked mucking stalls and such. :sad:

angeldogs
July 13th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Congrats looking forward to lots and lots of pics of each one together and separated.:D

hazelrunpack
July 13th, 2008, 03:04 PM
:highfive: Good deal, erykah!! Can't wait to see the pictures! :D How do you think the dogs will react to their new buddies?

rainbow
July 13th, 2008, 03:19 PM
WOOO HOOO....Congratulations Erykah & Guy !!!

A paint with blue eyes :cloud9: with a little filly :cloud9: ......can't wait to see the pics. :cloud9:

Rottielover
July 13th, 2008, 06:01 PM
OMG .. OMG Kaylas dream will come true, and of course mine. Roxy is great with horses, Harley has not seen one since a pup, LOL
A huge congrats to the 2 of you, and can not wait to meet the whole famly

TacoGrl
July 13th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Yup...you NEVER pick pets...they pick you!

Congrats on the additions :thumbs up and of course, I too cannot wait til you post pics. :D

erykah1310
July 13th, 2008, 10:32 PM
I honestly dont know how the dogs will react, but they have seen horses before, and there are cows across the road that they dont bother with what so ever so i'm sure it'll be fine once they are used to them being here.
I worry more about the shock from the fencing the dogs may get... their "dog park" has never been 'off limits' to them in any way so the new white rope around a small portion of it may be a jolt at first.

Crap, fencing a horse isnt cheap... a guy that owns a feed supply store was super kind enough to open up for us today so we could get the stuff we needed. By the time the posts were paid for, rope fence stuff, clips, caps, grounds, big electric thingy, lightning tripper thing, handles for entrances and so on and so on... we dumped close to the purchase price of the horses today on that stuff... plus I went out and payed for my 2 new girls.
Mare's name is Santa fe... I dont like that much
and the filly is Star something.... not sure of it right now.

I bought some halters today, lead lines, lunge line, face covers for the flies in their eyes...

Needless to say... I'm broke or close to it right now lol

Rottielover... you and Kayla are going to love these gurls, they're so gentle and loving. Mare isnt broke though, so in a few months once I bond with her more and we have a good trust, we'll start working on her.
I'm so psyched to start halter training the filly:D

I dont think i will sleep for the next few days honestly. I'm so excited, since I was a kid I have wanted a horse and FINALLY my dream has come true

Chaser
July 13th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Aww...they sound amazing! I love paints :cloud9:...actually I think that's the only type of horse that I know what they look like! :laughing: Regardless, they are just beautiful.

Purpledomino
July 14th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Well Congratulations! I see that you have already had a crash course on horse ownership.....prepare to be horse poor! Please post pics of your girl...one of my horses is a three year old paint, with ONE blue eye. He looks crazy! :crazy:

Purpledomino
July 14th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Oooops.......as well as money, you may need this now. :D
http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/horse-forums/

Rottielover
July 14th, 2008, 05:50 AM
I am so going to have to buy many batteries, when I am there, my camera will be working in over drive :)
I have been riding all weekend, and my sole dream is to own a horse or 2 or 3, I am so jealous, but happy for you

Lise
July 14th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Congratulations on your new girls.Paints are so flashy,so lots of pictures.Welcome to the wonderful world of horse poverty!!but they're so worth it.enjoy

ancientgirl
July 14th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Congratulations. It's great you are able to keep the mare and her little filly. I'm looking forward to pictures.

glasslass
July 14th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Congrats! It's wonderful that you took both of them together!

erykah1310
July 14th, 2008, 07:28 PM
There was really no choice in the matter of taking just one... well we could have passed or waited until the filly was weaned, but my man liked her so much it worked out perfect.
Now they can live together for a long time :)

Byrd
July 14th, 2008, 08:43 PM
WOW That's great!

It's great that you'll both have a horse that you've bonded so well with. :thumbs up

Can't wait to see the pics!