Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A horrible nightmare about Maks.

ancientgirl
July 12th, 2008, 02:01 PM
I had the most horrific nightmare last night. For some reason I was living in some house with roommates. In the dream I knew the people, but in reality I have no clue who these people are.

At one point, I was in a living room area and Maks came in. I immediately knew something was wrong with him because he was stumbling around. When he looked at me his eyes were swollen and almost shut. I went to him and grabbed him and ran around begging people to help me.

He died in my arms. I went nuts and just became totally hysterical and inconsolable.

I woke up in a panic! As soon as I felt him against me I calmed down.

My only consolation is in the dream he was just a little kitten, around 4 months old. I say consolation because since he's much older now I don't feel it such an ominous dream. I can't even fathom why I would dream something like that. I can only imagine it's just a manifestation of some of these stories about animal cruelty I read. This is why I hate reading those things.

I love my little guy so much. I love them all dearly, but Maks tugs at my heart in a different way. I think it's because he had such a rough start, with that skin condition and getting those treatments and my not being able to bring him home for several days after I found him. And he's just such a skittish little guy and always wants to cuddle with the others. :cloud9:

I hope I never have a dream like that again!

14+kitties
July 12th, 2008, 02:28 PM
That sucks! I hate having dreams about my guys. Makes you feel so helpless.

Ummmm, I think we need an update on how Ms Czarina is doing..... :rolleyes:

ancientgirl
July 12th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Yes, I have having dreams like that. As if I'm not a big enough worry wart.

I've got an update on Czarina. I'll be posting it in a little while. She's not making huge progress, but she is getting more anxious to explore.

14+kitties
July 12th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Good! Am anxious to read it. She is a doll. You are doing wonderful with her!

rainbow
July 12th, 2008, 03:04 PM
I get dreams like that every so often and I hate them too......it takes forever to get back to sleep. :frustrated:

Looking forward to Czarina's update. :thumbs up

Pics too? :fingerscr :D

krdahmer
July 12th, 2008, 04:42 PM
I tend to have those sorts of dreams after reading sad stories about other suffering animals too. And I don't know about down there but over the long weekend there seemed to be quite a few horror stories cause you know there is nothing like a holiday to bring out the sickos.... that cat doused in accelerant in TO, the dog thrown off the overpass here.. and that poor poor pit bull.

I know what you mean about Maks having that special place... it's not that you love the others any less, it's just that he needed you a bit more and for that is a little closer. I feel the same way about Fagan, especially after these last few years and the skin stuff and ingestion scare. He's always around me and so interactive all the time with me... and just like Maks always trying to get a snuggle or two from the others, and he is the only one here that all the cats groom and lick and play with, heck he even shares his special water bottle with Smoke!

Oh and my next stop is the pic forum... hope to see lots of your bunch! I'm gonna confiscate the camera from hubby this weekend and try to get some more of the 'half dozen' here too!

ancientgirl
July 12th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Rainbow, I think if I hadn't felt him next to me I'd have had to get out of bed and search for him to give him a big hug.

krdahmer, Maks just has this loving little personality and he has these "looks" that floor me sometimes. That's exactly it though, I had to give him extra care when I brought him home. He smelled so bad, the others didn't really want to get too close, but I would wrap him up in a towel and carry him around. When Oksana hisses at him he looks so hurt, he wants to play and just love everyone.:cloud9: He's a little coo-monster too.

pitgrrl
July 12th, 2008, 07:21 PM
ancientgirl, I have dreams like that about Streets all the time, I think it's just a manifestation of stress.

The last one I had was about Streets getting his leg ripped off in my mother's backyard. I was terrified to go visit her with the dogs because I was afraid it would come true, but it didn't.

I hope you get a better sleep tonight. Try to relax.:o

ancientgirl
July 12th, 2008, 07:26 PM
ancientgirl, I have dreams like that about Streets all the time, I think it's just a manifestation of stress.

The last one I had was about Streets getting his leg ripped off in my mother's backyard. I was terrified to go visit her with the dogs because I was afraid it would come true, but it didn't.

I hope you get a better sleep tonight. Try to relax.:o

:eek:That's terrible!

You're probably right though about the stress. These days I stress about everything, and I always stress about them being safe, healthy, eating enough, not eating too much, etc...

angeldogs
July 12th, 2008, 10:21 PM
I hate those kind of dreams.

Love4himies
July 13th, 2008, 08:33 AM
:grouphug: Those dreams are just the worst. :grouphug:

ancientgirl
July 13th, 2008, 09:26 AM
It's one of the reasons I stay away from stories of abuse and cruelty. That stuff stays in your mind and things like these dreams happen.:sad: