Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Charlie the schnoodle, update

dijolu
July 12th, 2008, 12:37 PM
I know I'm probably supposed to stay on my original thread but I don't know HOW to do that so here ya go....(not that strong in the computer area). I'd written about my schnoodle's symptoms and some of you suggested Cushing's or diabetes. So my vet did the blood work and says it's neither. He said that while Charlie's values (?) were a little elevated they weren't high enough for that Every time I mention my concerns about the obvious and rapid blindness the vet says we have to take this one step at a time. He wants to x-ray my boy for a possible abdominal tumor next week. In the meantime Charlie still has this huge gut, still has the energy of a floor plant, still runs headfirst into trees and curbs on our walks...he fits so many of the symptoms of Cushing's but it may be that I'm trying too hard to find a slot to put him into. Should I look for someone new, do you think? I don't want to be one of those people who keeps looking for a new doctor until they find someone who tells them want they want to hear but I'm scared Charlie is deteriorating and nothing is being done to stop it quickly enough. He's a new vet for us and he has the bedside manner of a gnat but I don't want to have him over for dinner, I just want him to fix my freakin' dog! I know this stuff takes time...am I overreacting?

t.pettet
July 12th, 2008, 08:54 PM
If you are not comfortable with the vet, time is of the essence and feel that he is not getting to the bottom of your dog's illness than book an appointment with another one. You have nothing to lose by getting a 2nd opinion.

rainbow
July 13th, 2008, 02:16 AM
Since you don't seem too impressed with your vet's bedside manner then I would also get a second opinion. Also, Cushing's Disease can be hard to diagnose.