Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cats love water

szelynn
July 11th, 2008, 09:36 PM
I'm just wondering if anyone elses cat likes to lick the bathtub/shower after you get out of the shower?

I find it so funny that whenever I'm done a shower, Tika's always sitting at the door waiting to come in and get come shower water :laughing:

I keep telling her she's weird :crazy: but she doesn't care

She also gets very excited when I top off their water bowl, and loves to lick the windows in the winter time

Squeaks must have learned from Tika, because she likes to dip her paw in any glass of water we leave out and then lick the water off...

Winston
July 11th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Thats soo funny ...I started a post awhile ago for the exact same thing! but funny thing happened last week..my boy Bomber decided to run into the bathroom and up into the tub before it finished draining! he was soaked and really freaked out! gave me a good laugh! I always make sure to rinse the shower before I let him hop in and start licking!

Cindy

meg4050
July 11th, 2008, 10:25 PM
:laughing: This is what my brother's old kitty Thumper used to do! He only drank from taps :D

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/meg4050/Thumper/?action=view&current=MVI_1395.flv

TacoGrl
July 11th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Thats soo funny ...I started a post awhile ago for the exact same thing! but funny thing happened last week..my boy Bomber decided to run into the bathroom and up into the tub before it finished draining! he was soaked and really freaked out! gave me a good laugh! I always make sure to rinse the shower before I let him hop in and start licking!

Cindy

Yup X 2!!! Mooki hasn't been in there since she fell in the water though. :rolleyes:

Mooki also drinks form the tap...she also does another weird thing...she will sit on the toilet seat staring at the shower when the water is running, but pull the curtain and all Hell breaks loose! Before she started sitting on the seat, she would curl up on the floor beside the tub, so when I got out, I would have to make sure I didn't step on her...no, she wouldn't move out of my way until I was reaching my foot OVER her (remember wet feet-wet tub-uncoordinated me)...made for MANY fun times! :wall:

RolandsMom
July 11th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Lol.
Roland jumps into the shower the minute I get out! he sits in there and watches the drops roll down the wall. too cute!

Joeyjoejoe
July 12th, 2008, 12:14 AM
Both my cats do that as well, but Kyuubi goes the extra mile of playing with a running faucet. He seems fascinated with it. So much so, that he'll always try to run in the washroom whenever someone goes in.

When friends come over (and try to use the bathroom), they think my cat is a perv! :laughing:

I just filmed him a few minutes ago. Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk-x7JVrl0o