Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

strange conversation

badger
July 11th, 2008, 01:00 PM
I just had a strange conversation with a guy who works at a pet supply store on the Plateau. I had put up three 'found' posters, no description, just FOUND, a colour picture and my phone number.
So I got a message from a woman (who might be the owner), asking if any of the cats had been claimed.
Imagine my shock when I spoke to a guy there this morning and bottom line, they are suspicious, thinking maybe there's something 'not quite right' about one individual posting three found cats, the implication being that I had stolen them (and maybe was holding them for ransom). Some of their clients had even raised it!
I assured him that I had no need to snatch beloved pets, there were plenty of candidates, abandoned to their fate. And that I did that because I felt responsible in some way, that I rarely found the original home but had to try, blah blah blah.
I asked him how I could advertise found animals without meeting such suspicions and he had no response. I think his mind was made up.
Given that, I wish I had been more direct :laughing:, what did I have to lose?

Frenchy
July 11th, 2008, 01:02 PM
wow , what a :loser: !

hazelrunpack
July 11th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Interesting take on it... :rolleyes: I know many blackmailers and petnappers put posters up on the walls of the local businesses to make their demands known... :o

:laughing:

pitgrrl
July 11th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Oh how I'd love to know if this is the same pet store on the plateau that I've had numerous bizarre experiences in.............

I swear people are so unused to people doing nice, decent things that they immediately believe there must be some nasty motivation behind it.

14+kitties
July 11th, 2008, 02:58 PM
:confused: Maybe you should tell them about how many you have helped and held when you couldn't help them any more and feed and, and, and........... ohhhhhh :loser:s all of them!

rainbow
July 11th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Yep, I gotta add my opinion of :loser: here too. *Sigh*....some people. :wall:

Jim Hall
July 11th, 2008, 11:08 PM
heres what we do at here kitty kitty bring references and have them call some of the people you have helped They are probaly just a bit paaranoid so you have to be proactive in getting them to trust you.

kiara
July 12th, 2008, 02:57 PM
A LOT OF PEOPLE SHOOT THEIR MOUTH, BUT DO NOTHING TO HELP ANIMALS!!! Badger, don't take these people seriously, but keep their phone no. just in case of trouble later. I am a rescuer too and could tell some strange stories. Believe me, by now the word would get around and your name would be added to the list of the "bad rescuers". We all know how dedicated you are to help cats!!!! We try to find the cats' owners the best we can. But most of these poor cats have been dumped and no one is looking for them. We ask the vet to check them for a microchip, since some of them are actually lost.