Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

WestIsland (Montreal)people...I need help.....

cpietra16
July 11th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Does anyone know someone on the west ISland who would shave a semi-ferrel cat? A 1.5 year ago I adopted 2 cats from catsnatcher. One, Tigger ,has never come to term swith being a house cat and does not like or trust me too much. A month ago I started giving her some animal rescue which has calmed her down enough for me to pet her longer than 2 minutes...now I need to go a step further. She is matted and she really needs a shave...I can tell that she has poop stuck near her tail, her coat, which used to be beautiful is now so matted she looks like she is carrying another cat on her back...please to any rescue, person who knows anyone who can help with the shaving without stressing her to death...please respond, or om me...I want someone in the west island because she may not be able to travel long distance. Thank-you

Winston
July 11th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Will your vet not do it? My moms cat used to have to be sedated to be shaved....just thinking maybe you could get her a pill to sort of relax her long enough to get to the vet and then have them do it?? sorry I cant be more help!!

Cindy

cpietra16
July 11th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Winston, my vet won't do it and I've called a few places that some friends go to and they don't do cats that may be put in harms way or the groomer be put in harms way...I would rather have some with experience...and they seem hard to find for some reason:yell:

14+kitties
July 11th, 2008, 05:46 PM
This isn't going to be much help but can you phone a few other vets in the area? Maybe one of them will do it for you? :shrug: If kitty needs to be sedated that may be the best thing.

Lise
July 12th, 2008, 08:52 AM
I don't know if the vet in Pointe Claire village is still there,but they used to do cat grooming.

kiara
July 12th, 2008, 02:19 PM
A semi-feral cat needs to be put under anaesthetic to be shaved. This is usually done once a year, before the summer heat starts. I recommend Sources Veterinary Hospital at; 514-684-5443. My friend uses this clinic and is very happy with them. Also Pierrefonds Veterinary Hospital or 911 Veterinary Hospital in Roxboro.

cpietra16
July 12th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Hi Kiara, The Pierrefonds vets won't do it...so I've been told..I called them already. Thanks, I'll try the one on Sources

Boubou
July 12th, 2008, 11:17 PM
I know a little shop in St. Bruno that will do it - they're great with cats :rolleyes:
but it is a little far from the West Island....

kiara
July 13th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Also Blue Cross Animal Hospital 514-697-6111, in the basement of Pointe Claire shopping centre. Clinique Veterinaire Beaconsfield 514-694-6418

cpietra16
July 25th, 2008, 09:47 AM
I found a vet.......I called, I talked, I lied, lied some more....but I got her shaved.....finally. It cost me 179.00, but Tigger is shaved...at least parts of her and she didn't have to be put under....The picture will come.
Tigger is shaved and liberated from all her matts.....bad news...she needs to go on a diet :shrug::yell: she's fat.....but what the heck...she's free

cpietra16
July 25th, 2008, 01:25 PM
presenting the liberated Tigger:D

14+kitties
July 25th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Oh Tigger!! You are such a cute baby!! Not so bad. The fur will grow back in quickly! :cloud9: