Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

charlie update

Mlyn
July 8th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Hi just wanted to let everyone know charlie is home and doing great :) he was so glad to see us. he is running and playing. and happy to be home , I think charlie is going to do fine with three legs. i went and filed the complaint on the owner of the other dog. wish us luck.

Luba
July 8th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Wish you TONNES of luck! I am glad Charlie is at home and feeling better. Poor babe has been through a lot :(

It's amazing how they recover isn't it!

glasslass
July 8th, 2004, 09:28 PM
I've been wondering about Charlie. Thanks for the update. It's been a rough go but I hope things look up for him from now on. Give him luvins from me. :)

chico2
July 9th, 2004, 08:08 AM
Awwwww,that's just great news,it's very,very unfortunate what happened,but with such loving,caring owners he'll have a wonderful life and will be running circles around any four-legged dog :D

mastifflover
July 9th, 2004, 10:16 AM
That is great news. So glad that he is doing well, my mastiff plays with a dog named tripod guess why and you would never know that he has 3 legs they way he boots around the park, I'm sure Charlie will be running and playing in no time. Make sure you go after the owner of the other dog, he should be paying for this.

Princesss04
July 9th, 2004, 10:21 AM
I am glad to hear that your baby is home. Give him a treat for me! GOOD LUCK! :D

melanie
July 10th, 2004, 12:06 AM
i'm so sorry, i must have missed something, so charlie lost the leg from that dog attack?? WTF, that is terrible, poor boy, but he will be fine with three, and it makes him all the more special for being a little battler. give him a huge hug for us all and give him a nice treat from us also, hope your all ok, it will take time but you will all adjust to this new situation, and get that mongrel who let his dog do this....

Mlyn
July 10th, 2004, 09:05 AM
yes charlie was attacked by a pitbull at a camp site, he seems to be really happy. he is kind of being awnry. maybe testing me? I will take him outside to potty and has soon has we come back in he will urinate. is it a teritorial thing? because he is house broken. he's also chewing on things he know's he's not suppose to. but he's so funny too. he will sit there and bark at me like he's bitching. :D then he will come up and hug me. and charlie thanks everyone for all the hugs and treats :)

glasslass
July 10th, 2004, 09:29 AM
I heard of a 3-legged dog that has been exceptional as a therapy dog with patients in a resthome. Many have lost limbs due to diabetes and they seem to relate to the therapy dog like no other! :)

Mlyn
July 10th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Iam a cna and right now i take care of this lady in her home, and i have been bringing Charlie with me, and she just loves him

glasslass
July 10th, 2004, 04:56 PM
That's just what they both need! Luv & Kisses! Give him lots! :)