Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Chihuahua's ears

ladydi1212
July 8th, 2004, 08:54 PM
I have two chis. One adorable tan one and one that is champagne colored. The tan one's ears flop alot, but they do stand up alot too. What causes this to happen? Are the ears too heavy? The other one's ears go out to the side alot. I would never consider cropping, but I am curious as to why this happens? Anyone with info I would appreciate. Thank you.

:p

janice_robin
July 8th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Hello,
I was wondering the same thing. I just got a little guy who had 2 floppy ears when I got him, but now one seems to be up all the time while the other stays flopped over. I am starting to wonder if the other one will straighten as he ages??? Or if he will be lop-sided?? If anyone could tell me that would be great. :confused:

glasslass
July 8th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Don't know the answer, but I think they look adorable when the ears don't "match"! :)

Lucky Rescue
July 8th, 2004, 11:32 PM
Are all these dogs puppies? If so, puppies with big ears, like Chis and GSDs often go through periods of up and down with ears. They should stand up as the dogs get older, but they may not. Cute either way!:)

lauriem
July 14th, 2004, 03:27 PM
I know that chi's ears flop when they are teething, could that be whats happening in your case? Sometimes they seem to do it on purpose just to get whatever it is you are eating!!!!!LOL

Laurie

chico2
July 14th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Lauriem,love to see some pictures,I just have a"thing"for chi's :D
A girl I know who works for Pet-Value has three rescued Chi's one is old and tooth-less,the other two are little"Chi-disturbers"but they are all so adorable :D The old dog is very tiny,had been abused badly,rotten teeth,infected eyes etc...but is now one very happy tiny Chi.

ladydi1212
July 27th, 2004, 08:21 PM
I would like to send some pictures of my gorgeous babies. They are so cute. I am not sure how to do it through the site, but if anyone wants to see them send me your email address and I would be happy to show them to you.

Ladydi1212 ;)

Lucky Rescue
July 27th, 2004, 11:31 PM
If you want, you can send me a pic and I'll post it for you.

Email (laurent376@hotmail.com)