Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm a new member on this forum

Soter
July 10th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Hello anyone reading. I am a young teenager and am hopefully very close to getting a puppy (spring / cocker spaniel hopefully.) Just saying hello. My username is Soter cos' that is what i will call my future dog. Soter is the name of an ancient greek dog who heroicly saved a city from distruction by warning the citys inhabitants. Pretty noble isn't it. Maybe my dog will live up to that name one day.
From Soter, a serious dog lover :dog:

Ford Girl
July 10th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Hello there!!

Welcome to the board, we are all animal lovers..:crazy:..some could say crazy for animals...;)...some crazier then others. :p

Have you researched and prepared for a puppy!! Its ALOT of work, more work then I thought when we go one!! :evil: :laughing:

sugarcatmom
July 10th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Hey Soter, a warm welcome to you! You'll find lots of great info here on all kinds of pet-related issues. I have a link that you should check out during your quest for a new puppy. It tells you all about the things you need to know BEFORE you get your puppy, how to pick out the best puppy for you, all sorts of training tips and videos...... It's my favourite one-stop-shopping website for all things doggie: http://www.dogstardaily.com/

Like Ford Girl said, puppies are a huge amount of work. You definitely want to be prepared!

Frenchy
July 10th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Welcome to pets.ca Soter , that's a very original name , I love the story behind it :thumbs up

Chaser
July 10th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Welcome to the board Soter! I think it's great you're on here and gathering info before you get a pup - a lot of people get one and think "Oh crap, how do I...." There's so much to it it's great to be well-prepared beforehand. :thumbs up

14+kitties
July 11th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Welcome Soter. Thanks for being a responsible pet owner! Have you found out yet when you get your puppy? Congrats and as soon as you get him we would like pics please. :thumbs up

yettiyodamarlo
July 11th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Hello, Soter!
Cool story behind your name :)
I am new to the boards as well and just like you I am soon getting a new puppy and I have a named picked out as well (Marlo)!

Welcome!:pawprint:

Kitty Katty
July 11th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Hi everyone...well there's nothing much to tell,just want to say hi to everyone here and also im a newbie in this forum..a little bit about myself, i am from Malaysia and my hobby is taking care of cats with a little knowledge about it 'sigh' but i love cat very much :D:D:D but that is not a priority my actual hobbies is with RC thingy,i love flying RC things...oooppppsss:offtopic: . well you guys can call me any name that you like as long as you all happy than

Regards

hazelrunpack
July 11th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Welcome to the board, Soter! A new pup! That'll be exciting! And we will, of course, demand pictures when it arrives.

Soter
July 11th, 2008, 03:16 PM
i might get one in september, hopefully earlier. i dont know when cos i am still persuading my mum.

:thumbs up

soter

Soter
July 11th, 2008, 03:23 PM
hello to
yettiyodamarlo: any story behind arlo? nice name too. hello new person
kitty katty: gr8 to hear from someone new too. how long have you been on the board?

I will be sure to send in pics, though i haven't a clue how long i will have to wait 4 a puppy.

soter:pawprint:

Kitty Katty
July 11th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Hi sotter well i am very new it about 2 mth in the row,still need more knowledge regarding pets thingy neway thanks for welcoming cheerrrsssssssss

glasslass
July 11th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Welcome, Soter! My first dog (about half a century ago) was a cocker spaniel. They're great dogs! My cocker actually saved my life, so "Soter" sounds like a great name to me.

meg4050
July 11th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Welcome Soter! I have a Springer :lovestruck::lovestruck:

Spaniels are the best! :D