Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help

Jenn Berryman
July 10th, 2008, 12:59 PM
I have a 7yr old Beagle who recently started peeing in the house no matter how many times you take her out. She was a very good dog , no chewing ,digging ect wHitch is normal for beagles. She does't even do the howeling thing except if you've een gone a long time and then its just for a couple of min till you say hi. Any way the dog is actualy my Daughters d and she is away at school, this started befor she left so its not seperation ang. I have her at home with me but this problem is getting to the point my boy friend say its the dog or him. I've tried every thing and even tried to find a family member to take her, no luck. Shes been to the vet 6 times and $1500 later the urinary infection that they thought it was is not a problem. We tried diapers(she takes them off) a training pad (she avoids it). I love this dog but ... I needsome help or I may have to put her down. Please anyone who has Ideas let me know thank you for your time. Jenn

Frenchy
July 10th, 2008, 01:01 PM
And your vet hasn't found anything ? :confused: Maybe she needs more tests ? Or another vet's opinion ?

hazelrunpack
July 10th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Is she actively squatting to pee in the house, or is she dribbling? Has she been spayed?

ancientgirl
July 10th, 2008, 01:33 PM
I love this dog but ... I needsome help or I may have to put her down. Please anyone who has Ideas let me know thank you for your time. Jenn

Please take her to another vet for a second opinion. Putting an animal down because they are peeing in your house is just wrong. If it's not physical, maybe it's a behavioral problem, or stress, it could be something easily fixed.

Chaser
July 10th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Is she actively squatting to pee in the house, or is she dribbling? Has she been spayed?

Yes - has your vet mentioned spay incontinence to you?

Either way please get a second opinion....

And if you haven't found answers after investigating ALL options you could consider rehoming, NOT euthanasia, if you absolutely can't manage to have her in your house. There are dog rescues that specialize in senior dogs that are willing to give older dogs with health problems a second chance. I would consider this a LAST resort though...no dog should be re-homed unecessarily, but it is better than euthanasia.

I hope you can find answers to help your dog...