Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Abandoned Husky Sudbury

Shaykeija
July 10th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Last night we got very little sleep. I could hear the calls of a dog in distress and spent over a hour looking for what sounded like a small dog in trouble. The yelps were horrendous. Missy, Tyra and Quincy were antsy all night. From growls, soft woofs and right out loud barking. No one in our neighbourhood got any sleep, of this I am sure.

This morning around 5 am all yelps stopped. I went outside a 11 and asked my neighbour who the hell had a dog in the building that barked all night. She said come over and see.

Laying on the ground was a beautiful husky with the most beautiful crystal blue eyes. He never got up. So I went over to do a check up on him. Respiration fast, thin. gums pink but tacky and his temp was at 104 F. I had them put cool water on him and I got a bottle of pedilite from a young mother, and got him to drink some. He would not eat so I went home and got a couple jars of baby food and he slurped it up. Called the SPCA and kind of had to fight to get them to take the dog. The welfare queen that was living there had 2 - 5 week old puppies. a year old black dog, a cat, the husky and a rabbit in there. She moved out (evicted) last week and left the Husky and rabbit alone.

SOAB. The rabbit had no water and the dog had neither. Because the queen still had property in the apartment the SPCA said they could not seize the dog. Bull****. I said I would take the dog home with me and keep it for 24 hours and then call them and say he was abandoned. I then called my vet and had him go on standby for an emergency visit for both animals.

This dog was so gentle. After about an hour of talking with the SPCA and suggesting, we get all media down here to cover this story, both animals are now safe at the SPCA. According to the queen's boyfriend's mother, she was looking after this dog for a friend. They will be laying charges.

That witch had better not show her face here in the neighbour hood because a lot of caring people want to tack her boobs to a tree. The only reason we got to hear this dog was he knocked out a window and was hanging out the broken window. The apartment was a stink hole with poop every where. I hope Karma bites her in the ass. :wall::wall::wall:

minimomma
July 10th, 2008, 12:46 AM
I really hope they lay charges. I hope that this husky finds a good forever home.

Great job and how you handled it

Chaser
July 10th, 2008, 12:51 AM
That is horrific. :yell: Poor babies....

Dracko
July 10th, 2008, 01:12 AM
*****ing b*tch. I simply can't think of anything else to say.

badger
July 10th, 2008, 01:49 AM
I'm in total awe, especially that you got the media out so quickly. Come to Montreal, we need you.
:fingerscr that the WQ is charged and they seize her other animals as well, maybe get her for something else, drugs would be good. She should also be spayed lol.
With the publicity, I'm sure lots of people will step up to adopt them, thanks to you.
:thumbs up

rainbow
July 10th, 2008, 02:43 AM
Shaykeija, thank you so much for obviously saving the lives of the husky and rabbit. :angel: :grouphug:

This story just sickens me :sad: .....it's so unbelievable how cruel some people can be. :wall:

I hope you can get alot of publicity for this story as I rather doubt they will get far with charges to someone on welfare. Please keep us updated if you can. :fingerscr

Love4himies
July 10th, 2008, 07:09 AM
People just make me sick.

Bless you for saving this poor dog!

14+kitties
July 10th, 2008, 07:16 AM
:wall::wall::wall: Nothing to say - just :wall::wall::wall:

aslan
July 10th, 2008, 08:34 AM

Yup i pretty much think that says it all.

clm
July 10th, 2008, 09:02 AM
That's just horrible. Thank goodness you were there and the husky and rabbit are safe now. :fingerscr they're both going to be okay and never have to go back to her.

Cindy

cpietra16
July 10th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Some people have no sense....do you know what happened to the others...I hope the other dog is safe....the puppies?:sad:

krdahmer
July 10th, 2008, 11:43 AM
:censored::censored::evil::censored:

And God bless those poor animals still with her!:pray:

:2huggers: Good job for those of you who helped the husky and the rabbit!

I hope the husky and the rabbit can find good new homes :fingerscr... and that the SPCA tracks her down and seizes the other animals too and slaps her with the biggest fine they can! What a jerkass. :frustrated:

Frenchy
July 10th, 2008, 12:23 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth ... I can't believe people ! :wall:

Shaykeija , thank you so much for what you did for them :thumbs up

Ford Girl
July 10th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I will never understand the extent of human crulty. :wall:

I agree...this women deserve whats coming to her...maybe not legally, but she'll get her...:mad: I hope the others are ok. :angel:

erykah1310
July 10th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Thank you, you're such an angel for helping like that.

Our SPCA is indeed a bit hard to talk to, I have called them countless times on many things ( such as the horrific puppy mill in Wahnapitae) and they give me the same old thing over and over.
Now when I come across something like that where animals need help asap I call Jill at Petsave, she doesnt mess around at all, sadly she can not legally do anything about the miller :(

OH and for Karma biting her in the a$$... let me know when and where and I can bring Karma ;)

Once again, thank you for all you did for these 2