Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

L4H - we need an update please!!

14+kitties
July 9th, 2008, 07:12 AM
:D Just haven't heard lately how your current fosters are doing and how you future ones are. I think it's time we do. :D
Cheeky, aren't I? :p

Love4himies
July 9th, 2008, 07:25 AM
I keep trying to take pictures, but they don't stay still :frustrated:

They are doing fine, Charlie, Boots and Bambi have been altered and have healed very well, Tips (the runt) is getting done tomorrow. By mid next week they should be heading out to Global to be put up for adoption.:cry:

Charlie can't be adopted out to a home with small children. She does not like to be picked up and will claw suddenly to try to get down, she does like to lap cuddle though.

Bambi doesn't mind being picked up but only when he is pooped, otherwise too busy to be picked up. He was the skinniest when I got them and now is the tubbiest.

Boots and Tips LOVE to be picked up and need to go to a home where they will receive tons of attention.

They eat like oinkers and are growing so quickly.

That frees up the kitty nursery for the two ferals that my co-worker and I caught a couple of weeks ago.

Love4himies
July 9th, 2008, 07:32 AM
My future fosters:

I can only visit on weekends as the shelter is not open at night.

I visit with them on Sat and Sun mornings. They have learned to use a litter box (thank goodness). I got the male, Malcolm to finally eat out of my hand on Sun, but couldn't get Matilda to. They still shiver when I pick them up, poor things.

I bring them raw to eat because I want them on a raw diet when they come to me, they prefer it to the Royal Canin they are fed at the shelter.

They really need to be fostered yesterday, but there is nobody left to foster them. They really need more human attention than what the shelter staff can give them as they are full right now. Too many cats, not enough homes :sad:.

ancientgirl
July 9th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Wow, time flies! It's like you just got the fosters. But at least you have given them a chance to find wonderful families.

I can't wait to see pictures of the new babies!:lovestruck:

Oh, you might have already mentioned it, but I forgot, were you ever able to get the momma of the kittens from that house?

Love4himies
July 9th, 2008, 08:18 AM
No, had to return the trap, there was an emergency at the shelter. She is probably pregnant again :frustrated::yell:

My co worker continues to feed her.

ancientgirl
July 9th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Crap! Well, hopefully she will get used to your co-worker and eventually trust her enough so she CAN get caught.:fingerscr

14+kitties
July 9th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Wow you are busy! It's great the surgeries went well. :fingerscr:goodvibes: for Tip tomorrow.
I have one who doesn't like being picked up either. Jade purrs like a banshee if you pet her when she is lying down. Just don't pick her up.
:grouphug: for you. I really hope the new ones - love their names - will help you adjust to not having these sweeties around. It's hard. Will Global tell customers about Charlie not going to a home with kids?
:fingerscr that with your :angel: of a co-worker the momma will get to trust her. Could she maybe have a carrier in her car all the time so when that trust happens she can be scooped into the carrier? Or maybe just put the carrier down and see if she will go in? I don't know. Grasping at straws here.
I know when you get these kitties to your home that it won't be long before you are working your magic with them. :thumbs up Thank you for all you do. :cat: :angel:

Love4himies
July 9th, 2008, 12:36 PM
The humane society was to put on Charlie's adoption records no small children, I will also tell the owners of Global about her. I think it will just lead to problems and failure for Charlie and that is not fair to her. She would do well in a multi cat household.

14+kitties
July 9th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Oh good. You worry about that. Or I would. Never thought about it but the ones I have adopted have all gone to places with no kids - yet.

ancientgirl
July 9th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Better to put that now than to have her adopted and have to be returned later.

Love4himies
July 9th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Oh good. You worry about that. Or I would. Never thought about it but the ones I have adopted have all gone to places with no kids - yet.

I worry all the time about my previous foster litter. No updates is very hard :sad:

Love4himies
July 9th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Better to put that now than to have her adopted and have to be returned later.

Or worse, having the cat punished for scratching :mad:

Love4himies
July 9th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Tip's surgery is cancelled for tomorrow, it is now rescheduled for Friday.