Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

All the babies have homes!

phoozles
July 8th, 2008, 05:48 PM
As you know, I took in a stray momma Ethel and her three kittens about 4 weeks ago - rescuing ain't easy, so an enthusiastic :highfive: to those that do it on a regular basis!

The most rambunctious kitten, Igby, was the first to be adopted. He went to his new home last Sunday. Apparently he is doing well - I had sent his new owner some info on how to integrate him (they have an older female cat already), and I guess she took it but didn't read it, because she took him home, and apparently her fiance thought it would be a good idea for them to meet right away. :rolleyes: The older cat lunged at poor lil' Igby. She put him in a separate room and he hid for hours.
But she's a good mom - when the older cat was hissing at Igby from under the door, this girl got in the room with Igby and slept with him to protect him - and apparently in the wee hours of the morning he turned back to his old self and went straight for her feet :rolleyes: She says things are much better, but agrees that she thought it would be faster - she says she'll wait a couple of days at least before the first official meeting..

Then my brother - who lacks communication skills - FINALLY got back to me and said he's not responsible enough to take in a kitten right now.. I'm glad he figured that out - wouldn't want to drive one of them all the way to Toronto to find out in a week I have to pick it up again..

So my sister had hesitantly said that if my brother didn't take one, she would take both.. I told her she didn't have to hold up that end of the bargain - that's a lot to ask of someone who already has a cat, but she said she's excited - her 2 year old daughter has already named one 'Purple Ernie' .. we have no idea what her 4 year old son will call the other one..

So YAY! I can get follow ups on the kittens whenever I want! CC and Cappy (err.. Purple Ernie and 'unnamed') will be going to their new home this Sunday.. and then, it's time to get Ethel integrated with the other two.. :fingerscr

14+kitties
July 8th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Good girl!!!! I am glad your sister is taking both of them! They will be happy together. Just - Purple Ernie??? Poor baby!!!!!
:highfive: to you mf!!!

Love4himies
July 8th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Great news! And lucky you, you get to keep in touch with your rescues!!:thumbs up

Dracko
July 8th, 2008, 11:21 PM
If I lived closer to you I'd have taken Cap....er, Purple Ernie in a second. He was such a sweetie. :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
July 9th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Great news on the kittens! :thumbs up And how wonderful that you'll be able to get updates! :highfive:

I like the name Purple Ernie. It's very...unique. He won't have to share it with anyone... :D

TeriM
July 9th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Great news :thumbs up. I will also keep my fingers crossed that the integration with Ethel goes well :goodvibes:.

Maybe the other one could be brown bert?? Then they could eventually just become Bert & Ernie :D.

growler~GateKeeper
July 9th, 2008, 03:25 AM
Great job Phoozles :highfive: :goodvibes: on Ethel's intergration

Maybe the other one could be brown bert?? Then they could eventually just become Bert & Ernie :D.

:laugh: :laugh: :thumbs up

luckypenny
July 9th, 2008, 05:40 AM
That's wonderful news! You must be so relieved to know they'll be well taken care of.

14+kitties
July 9th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Great news :thumbs up. I will also keep my fingers crossed that the integration with Ethel goes well :goodvibes:.

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Too funny!!!! Love it! :thumbs up

Chris21711
July 9th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Great news Phoozles :thumbs up
I'm not even going to ask about the others that you've seen around

ancientgirl
July 9th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Oh boy, leave it to a doofy guy to ruin everything. Hopefully your friend will have better luck after a few days introducing little Igby.

I'm very happy your brother decided taking a kitten wasn't a good idea. He was taking a long time to respond, which looked like a sign of hesitation, and unless you are sure from the get go you probably shouldn't take a kitten. I hope your sister realizes what a great idea taking the last two will be. At least they will have each other and might not be so frightened about going to a new home.

I hope things with Ethel go smoothly too!

And since everyone is giving their opinions, I kind of like Purple Ernie too:laughing:

phoozles
July 9th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Ha! Brown bert - I love it! :laughing:

Actually, it looks like Purple Ernie was NOT the intended name.. My sister heard her daughter wrong.. It was actually "Pepperoni" .. and she has claimed CC - so that will be her new name :laughing:

She asked her son what he wanted to name Cappy .. he said something like "Geeoni" - a name he has made up and he calls everything. My sister isn't happy with that one, so she said she'll ask him one more time - if he doesn't come up with something good, she'll pick a name herself :laughing:

Pepperoni (:rolleyes:) is coming along so great - by Sunday I'll have her fully accepting of me.. Then I'll shove her in a bag and take her on a drive.. *sigh* .. but maybe she'll come around faster, especially with Cappy there..

Oh, and Ethel is now in heat.. :yell: She's rolling around and screaming like a banshee - I feel bad for her babies, but they just ignore her.. We're shopping around for a good deal on a spay, but I guess we'll have to wait it out until she gets back to her old self..

Frenchy
July 9th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Congratulation Phoozles !!! :highfive: :thumbs up

ancientgirl
July 9th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Ha! Brown bert - I love it! :laughing:

Actually, it looks like Purple Ernie was NOT the intended name.. My sister heard her daughter wrong.. It was actually "Pepperoni" .. and she has claimed CC - so that will be her new name :laughing:

She asked her son what he wanted to name Cappy .. he said something like "Geeoni" - a name he has made up and he calls everything. My sister isn't happy with that one, so she said she'll ask him one more time - if he doesn't come up with something good, she'll pick a name herself :laughing:

Maybe the son means "Genoa", as in salami:D Pepperoni is cute, her nickname could be Pepper.

Good luck with Ethel and her heat. I hope you can find a reasonable price to get her spayed soon.:fingerscr

krdahmer
July 10th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Great job! :thumbs up Hope Ethel isn't in heat long.... Windy is the only one that didn't get spayed before her first heat... and man was it noisy!

rainbow
July 10th, 2008, 02:59 AM
WOO HOO for the babies :thumbs up and good luck with Ethel. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

ancientgirl
July 10th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Same thing happened to me with Kiska. I'd had her and Maks scheduled for an end of the month spay/neuter, but Kiska went into heat about a week before the surgery!:yell: I had to get Maks in there ASAFP!

Luckily she wasn't in heat for more than I'd say 4 or 5 days. Hopefully it will be over for Ethel soon.:fingerscr

phoozles
July 10th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I hope her heat ends soon too - she's like a siren going off, and you can tell how uncomfortable she is.. FH called about 10 vets in the vicinity, and we've found a few places that are at least half the price that we paid for Alley - I only wish we had shopped around for her beforehand!