Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

our new Golden...

jessi76
July 8th, 2008, 08:47 AM
just a houseguest... not permanent. We're puppy sitting for a neighbor. This is Honey, Tucker's BFF. I've now determined, although they are cute dogs, a golden isn't for us - ever. omg the hair! and when it gets wet, ack, the smell! and I had temporarily forgotten how much of a pain in the :censored: a 11mth pup can be...

overall, she's a good dog, she's excellent w/ the baby, and with our 2 cats as well. BUT boy oh boy does she have some training to learn! she's jumpy, wiggly, and pants all over you! it's like 90 degrees here and this 50lb Golden puppy wants to sit IN my lap and breathe in my face.... oy. no puppy no!

here's some pics - they have destroyed the back porch. took every dog toy out. made a mess. I give up cleaning up after them. our bathroom is being renovated, so there's some construction stuff out there too.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/jesss456/DSCN0801.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/jesss456/DSCN0802.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/jesss456/DSCN0803.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/jesss456/DSCN0805.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/jesss456/DSCN0807.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/jesss456/DSCN0806.jpg

they look all cute and innocent in these pics, don't let them fool you! as soon as they saw the camera, it was all an act. they are total mental cases when together, they wrestle and play 24/7.

jessi76
July 8th, 2008, 08:51 AM
instead of starting another thread... a couple new ones of Tucker and the baby (Owen - 10mths)

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/jesss456/DSCN0796.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/jesss456/DSCN0794.jpg

clm
July 8th, 2008, 08:55 AM
:laughing: They're too cute together. Aren't puppies grand. :laughing: Frenchy has the right idea, older dogs are the way to go.:thumbs up

Cindy

ancientgirl
July 8th, 2008, 10:02 AM
LOL, aha putting on an act so we can all think they're innocent.

I like the one of them just laying around. Must be tired after all that fun.

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Well, Honey has certainly put Tucker in touch with his inner puppy! :dog: They're really cute together! :lovestruck:

So does Owen ever share his pacifier with Tucker? :D What sweet pics! :cloud9:

Hair, eh? :o Sounds like hazel's house... :laughing:

Smiley14
July 8th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Aww, Honey is adorable!!! Even if she does shed a lot! :laughing: They look they they're having so much fun playing though! :) And Tucker with the baby....awww! :lovestruck:

Frenchy
July 8th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Tucker and the golden looks soo good together ! :lovestruck:

And pics of Tucker trying to clean the baby's pacifier (sp) :laughing: too cute !

FancyAppy
July 8th, 2008, 12:11 PM
two beautiful happy dogs and a precious baby...how perfect is that?

allymack
July 8th, 2008, 12:48 PM
they look like two very happy pups! nice and tired after their long play. And Tucker is so great with the Owen :cloud9:

Ford Girl
July 8th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Awww...so cute. Golden puppies are little *****s eh? :evil: :laughing:

Always in to things, everything in their mouths and frieght train like. :laughing: They are certainly not for everyone. Mine doesn't stink even when wet, but the hair, sheer size and strenght and zest for life is something else, they do everything 150%. :laughing: "look out, here I come!!!"

Love the Tucker/baby pics. :cloud9:

14+kitties
July 8th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Looks like they had a ball!!! I miss the puppy stage. :sad: Can't wait for the next one!
Love the baby pics too!!! What wonderful red hair Owen has! :lovestruck: You can tell Tucker has been well trained around him. Good job!!

Lukka'sma
July 8th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Well Honey looks to me like she has settled in for the long haul. Maybe she wants an extended vacation with your family:laughing:

Chaser
July 8th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Heehee....sounds like a handful! I always find it hard to puppysit a dog that you haven't trained youself. But she is SO cute and they look like they're having so much fun! :lovestruck:

chico2
July 8th, 2008, 02:00 PM
I think they look great together,Honey might want to stay:laughing:
Tucker and the beautiful redhead are sooo cute:lovestruck:

loopoo
July 8th, 2008, 03:23 PM
the pictures of tucker and owen are just precious :cloud9: honey is beautiful.. she certainly looked all tuckered out after their play/wreck session:D

jessi76
July 8th, 2008, 03:36 PM
So does Owen ever share his pacifier with Tucker? :D What sweet pics! :cloud9:

He does actually... he often tries to put it into Tucker's mouth and make him suck on it, just as he does. it's funny. and just yesterday he insisted on giving Nala (cat) his spitty, soggy, baby Zweiback toast. lol. Poor Nala had this look on her face like "ummm baby, I don't really like toast". Nala has actually taken on a "nanny" role w/ the baby - she won't let the golden NEAR the baby. she will actually chase her out of the room. she'll sit on the table next to the highchair while he's eating, and she'll lay across the threshold to his room while he's napping. this only started when Honey came to stay with us, she's normally not excessively protective. and when Owen cries, Nala comes a runnin.

Ford Girl, you aint kiddin! they are devils!!! she's so good tempered though it's hard not to forgive her puppy shenanigans.

chico... honey can't stay. no no. however, she is our house guest at least until next monday or tuesday.

chase_mom, boy are you right! it's awful trying to communicate with honey. Normally, with just Tucker, I give a command, he listens. or I give a hand signal - like when it's quiet time w/ the baby - instead of saying "down, stay" i can give a signal which Tuck understands perfectly... however, honey is essentially blind and deaf to the commands of our home. which does make it difficult. she's catching on, she seems to know what OFF means now. lol... 4 days later.

Ford Girl
July 8th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Ford Girl, you aint kiddin! they are devils!!! she's so good tempered though it's hard not to forgive her puppy shenanigans.

chase_mom, boy are you right! it's awful trying to communicate with honey. Normally, with just Tucker, I give a command, he listens. or I give a hand signal - like when it's quiet time w/ the baby - instead of saying "down, stay" i can give a signal which Tuck understands perfectly... however, honey is essentially blind and deaf to the commands of our home. which does make it difficult. she's catching on, she seems to know what OFF means now. lol... 4 days later.

They really are so goofy and silly and nonchalant acting about everything, even when in trouble, you try to give them ***** and they just lookat you so cute...red eye lashes, deep brown eyes..."what? wasn't that funny?" It really drives you crazy!! And from what I know about you, you train and work hard with Tucker and expect nothing less from him...this must be rocking your wolrd! LOL! Sorry, I can picture it and have to laugh, it rocked my DH's world too. They have the attention span of a dump truck, a big happy hairy wiggle butt dump truck. :cloud9:

At least the sharpe teeth arn't an issue. :laughing:

Dog Dancer
July 8th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Great pics, Tucker will miss having a full time playmate when Honey goes home. Owen is so nice to offer to share...

TMac
July 8th, 2008, 10:37 PM
So CUTE!!!! Great pics...keep em coming!

angeldogs
July 8th, 2008, 10:42 PM
How cute is that Tucker and Owen.too cute both of them.

The dogs look good together.

TeriM
July 9th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Honey is a beauty :lovestruck: but I love those shots of Tucker with Owen :cloud9:. Was just thinking and wondered if Tucker has any residual issues from his bad car accident ??

jessi76
July 9th, 2008, 01:50 PM
TeriM, thanks for thinking of Tucker, he's doing great, only has minimal issues every now and then. When he plays very hard and long, I can see a slight limp in his rear leg (the one that was paralyzed). and if he konks his head just right while playing, I think it aggravates the old brain injury a bit. but overall, he's recovered very well.

He came home last night w/ an eye swollen shut though. poor guy. He had gone w/ my fiance to his 2nd job for a few hours and we think he picked a fight w/ a hornet.... and Tucker lost. I'm pretty sure it was just a bad bee sting to the eye area. I decided I'd call the vet today if it was still swollen, but thankfully, it's subsided.

growler~GateKeeper
July 9th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I think Tucker & Honey are gonna be a little upset once Honey's vacation is over, you'll probably have Honey on your porch as soon as she is let out in her yard wanting to come in to play w/Tucker :cloud9:

They sure look like they're making the most of their playtime :laughing:

Owen is adorable :cloud9: great pic of him & Tucker :thumbs up

Nala has actually taken on a "nanny" role w/ the baby - she won't let the golden NEAR the baby. she will actually chase her out of the room. she'll sit on the table next to the highchair while he's eating, and she'll lay across the threshold to his room while he's napping. this only started when Honey came to stay with us, she's normally not excessively protective. and when Owen cries, Nala comes a runnin.

Awwww how adorable is that! :lovestruck: Good job protecting the baby, Nala :highfive:

rainbow
July 9th, 2008, 07:56 PM
What a pretty girl Honey is :lovestruck: and it looks like Tucker certainly enjoyed her company. :goodvibes:

I love the pics of Tucker and Owen. :flirt: I never realized that Owen had red hair .........he is just so adorable. :lovestruck: And that is so cute that Nala is so protective of him. :cloud9: