Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Puppy Belly

luckypenny
July 8th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Rufus :cloud9:, our most recent foster puppy .

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/luckypenny_02_2007/AlansGradRufus091.jpg
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/luckypenny_02_2007/AlansGradRufus090.jpg
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/luckypenny_02_2007/AlansGradRufus122.jpg
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/luckypenny_02_2007/AlansGradRufus124.jpg

luckypenny
July 8th, 2008, 05:42 AM
Now for some of his face :laughing: .

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/luckypenny_02_2007/AlansGradRufus100.jpg
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/luckypenny_02_2007/AlansGradRufus109.jpg
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/luckypenny_02_2007/AlansGradRufus106.jpg

14+kitties
July 8th, 2008, 05:44 AM
Awwwwww :cloud9::cloud9::lovestruck::lovestruck::cloud9::c loud9: Puppy belly is so cute!! :cloud9:

luckypenny
July 8th, 2008, 05:45 AM
He absolutely loves his Kong. He keeps waiting for his kibble to miraculously appear within it :D . Rufus is a ten week old Leonberger/Bernese Mountain Dog :cloud9: .

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/luckypenny_02_2007/AlansGradRufus118.jpg

14+kitties
July 8th, 2008, 05:48 AM
Is that why he is looking so worried in that picture? There's no kibble in the kong? What a sweetheart!

luckypenny
July 8th, 2008, 05:50 AM
:laughing: Probably. He was going at it for a couple of hours at least. He has quite the appetite!

clm
July 8th, 2008, 05:54 AM
10 weeks old, he's gonna be a big dog. He's so cute. :lovestruck: I just love the way they sleep on their backs as puppies. Bentley still does that. :cloud9:

Cindy

14+kitties
July 8th, 2008, 05:56 AM
He is going to be one big boy when he is grown. :cloud9:
Thanks for all you do with these foster puppers LP! You have given tons of them a better start on their lives. I'm sure they never forget you. :thumbs up

luckypenny
July 8th, 2008, 06:07 AM
:o Thank you. I know I certainly will never forget them.

allymack
July 8th, 2008, 07:07 AM
wow, he sure is a cutie! i dont know if i would be able to give him away when he got adopted. You do shuch a great job with these dogs!:thumbs up:dog:

Love4himies
July 8th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Oh what a sweet little puppy.

What, no treats in the kong :eek:, quick, lp there's an emergency filling to do.:D

krdahmer
July 8th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Awwww fluffy puppy! :lovestruck:

jessi76
July 8th, 2008, 07:54 AM
what an adorable fuzzball!!! love the puppy belly pics!!

ancientgirl
July 8th, 2008, 09:06 AM
OMG what adorable pictures! Looks like that's his favorite position to sleep:lovestruck:

He's quite a handsome little guy and big too!

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Utter relaxation. :cloud9: I love the way his little front legs just slide off his chest and hang there. :D

He's just a doll, LP! :flirt: So is he fitting in well with Penny, Lucky, and Ava? Were they happy to have another little squirt to play with? :dog:

FancyAppy
July 8th, 2008, 09:21 AM
You made me laugh out loud with these adorable pictures. Rufus is so cute, tummy and all.And the pic of him with the striped stuffed cat is priceless. I really think Rufus is something special.

Chris21711
July 8th, 2008, 09:38 AM
He is as cute as a button LP, you are so lucky that you don't have a crusty old fart saying 'no more fosters' :yell: One day he will come home and I'll do like the last time. Ethel called me from the shelter and says "Mum we just got in some Huskies, can we foster 2 pups", me "sure". COF came home I told him Ethel had called and blah blah, he says "Noooooooooooo" me "too late, I already said yes". Sorry to go :offtopic: LP I'm just green with envy and Rufus is so lucky to have you for a start in life. :cloud9:

Smiley14
July 8th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Oh wow, he is gorgeous!!!!! Love all the belly shots, LOL! :laughing:

Frenchy
July 8th, 2008, 11:11 AM
What, no treats in the kong :eek:,

Yes , that and the belly up pictures .... looks suspicious , better warn the spca , I smell abuse , we should switch in another him foster family :whistle:

:laughing: he's adorable LP , omg he looks sooo comfy in those first pictures !! :lovestruck:

Ford Girl
July 8th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Not a worry in the world laying like that eh? LOL! Awww!! :cloud9: He's very handsome, what mix is he? Do you know?

Hows Penny and Lucky doing with their new side kick? We need pics of them, thats just a teaser shot of Penny. :frustrated: :p

Chaser
July 8th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Oh my.....how do you even leave him alone??? I'd want to snuggle him all day long looking that cute! :cloud9:

phoozles
July 8th, 2008, 12:45 PM
After the first three I didn't think he was capable of standing upright :laughing: Rufus is absolutely adorable - I agree, it'll probably be hard to give that guy up!

chico2
July 8th, 2008, 01:09 PM
OMG ,what a fluffy sweetheart ooh and that belly:lovestruck:
He is going to be a big beauty,hopefully he'll get a great home:fingerscr
Are you keeping him until he gets adopted??
Maybe a failed foster,just maybe;)I know you need the space for other foster-puppers,just kidding:)

TeriM
July 9th, 2008, 12:58 AM
Awwww, that belly is adorable :cloud9:. What a cutie pie :lovestruck: and wow, is he is definately gonna be huge!

luckypenny
July 9th, 2008, 06:23 AM
He is as cute as a button LP, you are so lucky that you don't have a crusty old fart saying 'no more fosters' :yell:

:laughing: Umm, I do have a crusty old fart who's forever grumbling, "no more" "this is the last time" "what the hell are you thinking of" LOL. But I know deep down, he loves it as much as I do, except the scooping poop aspect of it of course :D .

He's just a doll, LP! :flirt: So is he fitting in well with Penny, Lucky, and Ava? Were they happy to have another little squirt to play with? :dog:

Hows Penny and Lucky doing with their new side kick?

They were all absolutely thrilled :goodvibes: . Ava immediately went into a play bow and Penny couldn't wait to show him all the toys he gets to play with :D. I can't get over how well they've become accustomed to having puppies in the house. It really works out amazingly well and our dogs make it so much easier all around. They tire the pups out with play and gently let them know what's appropriate and not appropriate puppy behavior (like pouncing on a sleeping adult is not acceptable :laughing:).

Yes , that and the belly up pictures .... looks suspicious , better warn the spca , I smell abuse , we should switch in another him foster family :whistle:

Are you volunteering to do nights?? :p

luckypenny
July 9th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Oh my.....how do you even leave him alone???

Well, it takes a lot of effort, especially when the adult dogs want to hog him up all the time. But I take time to be alone with him just before nap times so he can enjoy massages and kisses all to himself :cloud9: .

After the first three I didn't think he was capable of standing upright :laughing:

:laughing: You wouldn't believe how fast and agile he is though. He has no problems keeping up with Penny when she has him chasing after her for a toy. He also does the stairs like a pro. Hard to believe such a tubby puppy can move so quickly.

Are you keeping him until he gets adopted??
Maybe a failed foster,just maybe;)

Absolutely, I wouldn't have it any other way. I'd love to keep all pups that come here but it's working out so well the way things are. BMDLuver mentioned how great the dynamics are between my three and any puppies that come into our home and now that I'm gaining more experience, I really see it too. I'm afraid to ruin a good thing :o . Btw, I'm not sure if I made mention of it on the board, but Ava's become our failed foster :lovestruck: so at least I have one under my belt :D .

Chris21711
July 9th, 2008, 09:16 AM
:laughing: Umm, I do have a crusty old fart who's forever grumbling, "no more" "this is the last time" "what the hell are you thinking of" LOL. But I know deep down, he loves it as much as I do, except the scooping poop aspect of it of course :D .

My COF loves having them too, that is why I don't understand the dude. As far as poop scooping, Ethel and I do it, all he does is play with them, like that is so tiresome :laughing:

They were all absolutely thrilled :goodvibes: . Ava immediately went into a play bow and Penny couldn't wait to show him all the toys he gets to play with :D. I can't get over how well they've become accustomed to having puppies in the house. It really works out amazingly well and our dogs make it so much easier all around. They tire the pups out with play and gently let them know what's appropriate and not appropriate puppy behavior (like pouncing on a sleeping adult is not acceptable :laughing:).

Our guys do exactly the same, teaching 'don't stick your nose in my little dish. Oh, oh, she's not going to like that'. S'ok one day I'll catch him unawares :D

My message is too short :confused:

Chris21711
July 9th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Btw, I'm not sure if I made mention of it on the board, but Ava's become our failed foster :lovestruck: so at least I have one under my belt :D .

I didn't realize that Ava was a foster, I thought you had adopted her from the onset. Silly me :o

Frenchy
July 9th, 2008, 11:44 AM
ok so it's been more than 24 hours now , where are the new pics ? :confused:

glasslass
July 9th, 2008, 12:05 PM
So adorable! I wish I could sleep like that! Well, I do sleep on my back, but not so flat-out, totally relaxed like that! Even the striped, stuffed kitty is belly-up!:laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
July 9th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Love the 3rd pic that's so cute :lovestruck: Rufus is adorable :lovestruck:

Congrats on adopting Ava :lovestruck: I was concerned how Lucky & Penny would do if you had to give her up. Hope everything is going well for Canine14 :fingerscr :goodvibes:

rainbow
July 9th, 2008, 07:13 PM
so at least I have one under my belt :D .

But, doesn't everything happen in threes? :D

Rufus is absolutely adorable :lovestruck: ......I think you really need to find your new hobby farm fast. :D :goodvibes:

yettiyodamarlo
July 15th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Oh my.....how do you even leave him alone??? I'd want to snuggle him all day long looking that cute! :cloud9:

LOL! Oh my goodness, I know!

luckypenny
July 15th, 2008, 02:33 PM
An update: Rufus was adopted by a wonderful couple this past Saturday. We're eagerly awaiting some news from them and lots of photos too, of course :goodvibes: .

ancientgirl
July 15th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Way to go Rufus!:highfive:

Dog Dancer
July 15th, 2008, 03:04 PM
So cute! Glad to hear he got adopted lest I have to head out there to pick him up myself - close call.