Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat found Montreal, Centre-Sud

badger
July 7th, 2008, 10:41 AM
This girl was found yowling at the moon two solid nights outside a specific apartment building across the road. Today I'm going to drum up the courage to knock on those doors because she seemed pretty determined to stay in that place, spending the day under a car parked right in front.
I really expected someone to come forward for this girl. She was wearing a collar and is in great shape, good manners and all. Her heat has subsided.
Now I have to decide how quickly to act on a spay, since she is most likely pregnant.
Talk about the last straw, my pile is teetering here.
She is such a sweet girl. Too bad for someone.

Frenchy
July 7th, 2008, 12:43 PM
This girl was found yowling at the moon two solid nights outside a specific apartment building across the road.

Wanna bet they moved and left her there ? :sad:

Love4himies
July 7th, 2008, 12:45 PM

That's what I was thinking too. :sad:

badger
July 7th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Well, if that is the case, I'll find out when I go knocking. It seems obvious, I know, but she has been so well cared for, I hoped it meant otherwise. Then again, I've posted everywhere about one of my outside feeders, who is fixed and declawed, with no results. He's been around since the winter, so he is probably a goner too.

Then there was a sweet black kitten who would rather snuggle than eat. He has since disappeared.

I may just be in denial because it means one more mouth, an expensive spay and a home...nowhere in sight.

14+kitties
July 7th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Oh badger! What a sweetie! :cloud9: I sincerely hope you find an owner still around. What a shame it would be if you couldn't. :sad:
I can empathize with the one more spay, one more mouth to feed. It gets tough sometimes.
Repeat your mantra, repeat your mantra............

badger
July 7th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Well, the people on the ground floor have indeed moved and the guy who answered the door had no clue. No luck contacting several people upstairs, so I'll go back this evening and see if they recognize her. If she was dumped, it would be good to know sooner rather than later (never mind that I spent a fortune on posters this morning - idiot!)

coppperbelle
July 7th, 2008, 08:19 PM

That's what I was thinking. She is beautiful.

Frenchy
July 7th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Yes I forgot to say , she is adorable :cloud9: how is she with the other cats ?

Cooper's Mom
July 18th, 2008, 10:50 PM
http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/laf/758751016.html

Looks very similar...might be worth checking out.

badger
July 22nd, 2008, 04:17 PM
So 'Amy' and I made the trek to the vet's (about a twenty-minute walk - 'she' cried all the way). Turns out 'Amy' is a neutered boy, with very neatly trimmed balls. The vet just smiled but I imagine they'll have a good laugh about it later. So I guess he was howling about being lost or dumped, not in heat. We vaccinated him anyway; the vet already had the syringe in his hand, but it probably wasn't necessary.

Given the bedlam around here, he has fitted in very well, laid back and increasingly affectionate. Squeaky clean and a big boy (that alone should have told me something).

So as I dig into my humble pie, here he is, now namless, not that he cares.

Frenchy
July 22nd, 2008, 09:44 PM
Turns out 'Amy' is a neutered boy, with very neatly trimmed balls.

:laughing: but he really looks like a girl ! :shrug:

You could call him Sammy , sounds like Amy ....

aslan
July 22nd, 2008, 09:52 PM
He's very handsome, you could name him Amos, and use amy as a nickname:D

katherine93
July 22nd, 2008, 10:04 PM
I like Alvin. Albert? Otis? lional?

growler~GateKeeper
July 23rd, 2008, 01:20 AM
:goodvibes: :fingerscr for a great home for this handsome boy

:thankyou: Badger kitty :angel2: for all you do :thumbs up