Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Catnip sticks for everybody!!

ancientgirl
July 6th, 2008, 01:42 PM
I went to Target this morning to get an AC filter and a shelf I needed, and found these neat refillable catnip tubes. They came 6 to a package so it worked out really well, because I got to give one to everybody.

As you can see, the catnip tubes were enjoyed by all!

Vlad
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Wicked%20Cats/007.jpg

Oksana
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Wicked%20Cats/009.jpg

Maks
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Wicked%20Cats/006.jpg

ancientgirl
July 6th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Kiska
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Wicked%20Cats/005.jpg

Czarina
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Wicked%20Cats/008.jpg

What I really love about these tubes, is they are refillable.

Chaser
July 6th, 2008, 02:15 PM
:laughing: They're all just too cute! :lovestruck: And those are such a great idea!

Dracko
July 6th, 2008, 02:59 PM
How sweet. :lovestruck: I was :fingerscr Czarina would be playing with one too. I know toys appear to be new to her.

All of my cats are so passive. Never fight at all EXCEPT when catnip comes out. Ginkgo gets aggressive. :eek: She doesn't go after anyone but will bat out to whoever is within reach. I'm not sure if she is getting possessive of the catnip or just whacked out. The funny thing is the first couple times I put it out she didn't partake. Just sat back and watched everyone so I thought she wasn't interested in it. Nope. Now she rolls in it and has a complete personality change. Smitty, my all white one, just rolls, rolls, rolls, rolls and rolls in it.

ancientgirl
July 6th, 2008, 03:11 PM
I've found Czarina loves playing with stuff. I have a little circular thing in the kitchen that has balls in it, so she sticks her paw in between these spheres and swats at them. I really enjoy watching her play because I know she's never had that before and now she does.

Those catnip tubes are great! They are velcro on one end so all I have to do is refill it now and then.

14+kitties
July 6th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Great idea! It's probably cheaper than having to buy the toys all the time and not as messy as just dried cat nip.
My guys are like Drakos. Only time they REALLY fight is when there is nip around.
It's great to see Czarnina playing too. You can tell she is feeling more comfortable. She would never do that if she wasn't. :cloud9:

ancientgirl
July 6th, 2008, 04:03 PM
I've been buying little squirrels and filling them with catnip, but then realized, they don't give a hoot what the vehicle is, they just want the catnip!

Watching her play is great. My gang don't get too aggressive with each other when the catnip is around. They're too busy enjoying it. Czarina she doesn't seem to get aggressive either, but she does start swatting at the bottom of my pajamas. :laughing:

rainbow
July 7th, 2008, 12:24 AM
Cute pics :lovestruck: ....I especially love the one of Czarina as it's so nice to see her playing. :cloud9:

FancyAppy
July 7th, 2008, 12:29 AM
What a great idea. They all look like they really enjoy the tubes.I will look for them at our Target.. Kiska is so cute. they all are but Kiska is a really doll.

ancientgirl
July 7th, 2008, 10:09 AM
I really love watching Czarina go at it. LOL, it's so satisfying to see her enjoying herself.

Fancy, those tubes are great, but if you don't find them they're pretty easy to make. I was looking at them and really, it's just a tube of fabric with a velcro enclosure. When the gang kills these I can easily just make them more. They don't need for it to look like a mouse or a squirrel, they just want the catnip:D

Kiska is a little sweetheart. She's a gentle little soul my tiny miss.

krdahmer
July 7th, 2008, 11:40 AM
6 to a pkg you say.... well Target here I come! :rolleyes::laughing:

Looks like they all enjoyed them.... and so cute seeing Czarina with the 'kickies'! I just love when they grab stuff and kick at it with their back feet! :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
July 7th, 2008, 11:54 AM
They all enjoyed theirs. Vlad went back for seconds, thirds, fourths. :laughing: I finally had to take them away. I think they are washable too. It feels like a soft canvas type material.

clm
July 7th, 2008, 12:25 PM
:laughing: I love to watch cats playing with catnip toys.

Cindy

Helene4
July 7th, 2008, 01:59 PM
I bought loose catnip as well as catnip toys a few years ago for Kira and Jadzia. It had no effect whatsoever on them. When I was in my teens, I remember my cat Kim going crazy over it. I recently read that about 20% of cats don't respond to catnip; it seems a cat needs the "catnip gene" to go crazy. Wouldn't you know it, my 2 feline girls are in that 20%!:laughing:

Great pics by the way!:)

loopoo
July 7th, 2008, 03:57 PM
i love those pics! they look like they are having a blast, nice to see Czarina enjoying the nip too:)

Stacer
July 7th, 2008, 04:42 PM
I bought loose catnip as well as catnip toys a few years ago for Kira and Jadzia....

:sorry::offtopic:
You're not a Star Trek (DS9) fan by any chance are you Helene4? :laughing:
Big time trekker here.

Back to the tubes, they look fanstastic. I always pick fresh catnip if I find it when I'm out and about and dry it, having something like that would be ideal to put it in.

ancientgirl
July 7th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Stacer they're really easy to make. I don't know why I just didn't think of doing it myself.

Helene4
July 8th, 2008, 12:22 PM
:sorry::offtopic:
You're not a Star Trek (DS9) fan by any chance are you Helene4? :laughing:
Big time trekker here.

Back to the tubes, they look fanstastic. I always pick fresh catnip if I find it when I'm out and about and dry it, having something like that would be ideal to put it in.

How did you guess I'm a Star Trek fan?:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Stacer
July 8th, 2008, 04:47 PM
How did you guess I'm a Star Trek fan?:laughing::laughing::laughing:

The names of your kitties, Kira and Jadzia!!:D