Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New and Impressed

faranya
July 5th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Hi! I'm from southwest Nova Scotia and am owned by several critters including four cats, a rabbit, nine koi, eleven pond turtles and numerous goldfish, plus two dogs and six horses that are over at my daughter's place 6 km from here (as is one of the cats). I originally purchased the equines but after my daughter got married, she and her husband took over the place and retained the stock. So now she gets most of the enjoyment and I get a hefty share of the bills. :)

I've been posting about my youngest cat, Gollum - a Manx polydactyl who developed cardiac problems two months ago and has now progressed(?) through temporary kidney issues (now resolved, surprisingly) to liver stress. He's under excellent veterinary care and I'm almost broke as a result, but oh well. He just turned five so I hate to give up on him until it is clearly hopeless. Today he went outdoors and when my husband took his eyes off kitty for a few seconds, Gollum did a disappearing act - sick or not! He vanished for ten hours and returned after dark with swamp muck on his paws. I live on 4 1/2 acres beside a river and he seems to dig that ferny ol' swampland. He probably enjoyed his break from meds and constant supervision. I, however, worried all day. He stays inside tomorrow.

I'm incredibly impressed with the level of knowledge here, and the kindness of the forum members. Those who responded to my threads about Gollum have been very helpful. It's wonderful to share experiences with people have either been there, or know exactly the right information to pass along.

I'll look forward to participating here, and hope that most of that will be in better circumstances. Here's a link to my personal website where you can see photos of some of my animals and read my poetry. www.brendatate.com

Frenchy
July 5th, 2008, 10:17 PM
I live on 4 1/2 acres beside a river

:cloud9: your place sounds like heaven ! And that's many many fuzzbutts and other none fuzzy :laughing:

welcome to pets.ca !

14+kitties
July 5th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Welcome faranya! I read your other thread about Gollum. I don't have any knowledge of illness' in kitties as :fingerscr mine have been healthy so far. I am sure you were worried sick when he disappeared today. I would have been out there yelling for him or inside crying my eyes out. Silly kitties, what they do to us!
I hope you enjoy your stay. I am sure you have tons of info and stories to share. :) Welcome again!