July 5th, 2008, 08:04 PM
King went for his second shots on Monday and threw up on Monday and Tuesday night, I phoned the vet on Wednesday and asked if it was from the shot on Monday and they said that it wouldn't last that long then I said maybe he ate something that didn't agree with him so I waited one more day and he threw up on Wednesday night called the vet again got him in the that day it turned out to be a allergic reaction from the shot on Monday he was given and shot to help with his tummy and put on some steriods to get rid of the itching. Now its Saturday and he is not itching as much and he has thrown up a few times since then but not much. On his next set at the end of the month I have to go in the morning and he will get a shot before the shot and will need to be monitored for the day. My poor baby getting better...
July 5th, 2008, 10:26 PM
No advise for you. Just wanted to send some :goodvibes: your way for King to start feeling better soon.
July 5th, 2008, 10:26 PM
You might also want to ask your vet about separating the shots...so if he's supposed to get two different ones, do them a day apart. Our lab had an allergic reaction complete with vomiting, itching and swelling if he got all his vaccinations on the same day. I know it's a hassle to make two trips, but our lab always did sooooo much better that way...
July 6th, 2008, 10:54 AM
That is what the vet did because King is so small they gave him the distemper I believe and they were shocked that he reacted to that one I can't remember the one that he is getting at the end of the month or if I am saying it right Lipto which is the one they say the dogs ussually react to but King is so small his weight is 3.5lbs and he was to young for the lipto still so that is why they divided it.........I don't mind going in when I need to go in they are open late which is when I make my appointments King is a very important part of our family and none of us want to see him go through any problems.
July 6th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Is it maybe for leptospirosis? That is one that dogs commonly react to. We live in an area where lepto is common--we had a bout with it over the winter...all 8 dogs :rolleyes:, but if it's not common in your area, you might want to consider not vaccinating for it. Does your vet see a lot of lepto cases? If not, considering how badly King reacted to his distemper shot, you might want to skip the lepto entirely or at least put it off until he's a bit older. :shrug:
How is he feeling tonight? :goodvibes:
July 8th, 2008, 08:40 PM
King is back to normal now, all the biting and playing is back. He is way to cute.......
July 8th, 2008, 11:23 PM
That's great to hear! :thumbs up