Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Irresponsible Pet Store

Praellwyn
July 5th, 2008, 11:43 AM
This new pet shop called in Terrebonne are having a "promotion" from June 30th to July 31st -they just opened.

They are giving away a cat with a 50$ purchase!

also, they are giving away a rodent with the purchase of the corresponding cage!

please tell me there is something we can do about this irresponsable act!

Sabine
July 5th, 2008, 02:29 PM
How sick is that ? :yuck:

Dingo
July 5th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Well... The rodents I don't have a problem with. You're basically just getting a small discount on a cage. The kittens, on the other hand....

14+kitties
July 5th, 2008, 02:32 PM
And they call themselves a pet store? They need to be boycotted. :frustrated: What can their little heads be thinking?

Bluedrake
July 5th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Oh, for the love of :wall: :wall: :wall:

There used to be a pet store near where I lived that did the same kind of thing. I went there just a little before Valentine's day last year, and they had paper hearts stuck in the windows saying "get her/him the perfect gift", meaning a puppy or a kitten. :yell:

That store is closed now, thank heavens.

What the heck are they thinking?! :loser:

ancientgirl
July 5th, 2008, 06:34 PM
That's unbelievable! That should be against the law.

14+kitties
July 5th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Why don't you have a bunch of your friends get together and start making calls to the store. Ask them to change the "free kitten with every $50.00 spent" to $25.00 off the cost of the spay/neuter coupons. Maybe that will get the point across to them that what they are doing is morally wrong. :shrug:

Joeyjoejoe
July 5th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Happens in Toronto too.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-pets-cats-kittens-for-sale-FREE-KITTENS-W0QQAdIdZ60572910

Chaser
July 6th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Happens in Toronto too.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-pets-cats-kittens-for-sale-FREE-KITTENS-W0QQAdIdZ60572910

That is disgusting, and I just sent them a message telling them so. Also reported it as "offensive" to the kijiji site mods, though I doubt their definition is the same as mine. :wall::wall::wall:

14+kitties
July 6th, 2008, 04:00 PM
My opinion has been expressed as well! :loser:s!