Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

lost cat in etobicoke.

aslan
July 4th, 2008, 07:58 PM
K guys anyone in the kipling and lakeshore area, my sister needs your help. Her cat was let outside by a neighbour (indoor cat). He's been missing since last night and my nephew is heartbroken....

He is male, around 2 1/2 years old, neutered

Answers to the name Dez or Dezy...

if you see him, pm me pls...

Frenchy
July 4th, 2008, 08:20 PM
:sad:

I hope they find him soon :fingerscr

hazelrunpack
July 4th, 2008, 08:26 PM
I hope so, too, aslan! :fingerscr :goodvibes:

:grouphug:s for your sister and nephew!

aslan
July 4th, 2008, 08:28 PM
thanks guys, his sister is missin him somethin awful too.

aslan
July 5th, 2008, 05:17 AM
bump......

14+kitties
July 5th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Sorry you haven't been able to find the cat yet aslan. :sad: Have you tried all the tricks with the tuna or salmon? I guess with the idiot upstairs it would be hard to because her cat would be eating everyithing? What nasty reprecutions (sp) do you have planned for her? What a :loser:!
:grouphug: for your nephew. I hope you find the kitty soon. :pray:

chico2
July 5th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Aslan,he is a beauty,probably hiding somewhere close by in someones backyard..hopefully they'll find him:pray::fingerscr

hazelrunpack
July 5th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Rats! I was hoping Dez was back home! :frustrated:

:goodvibes: :fingerscr :goodvibes: for a quick reunion!!

aslan
July 5th, 2008, 11:20 AM
still no sign of him, put tuna and salmon out, told the idiot upstairs what i thought of her and her hubby. We did rescue a kitten from a tree tho. Not at any of the animal shelters around, and he hasn't been hit by a car. His sister is sittin in the front window meowing, hopefully between that and the smelly food he'll show up.

SIL
July 5th, 2008, 01:40 PM
:fingerscr:pray:that you find him soon Aslan.

chico2
July 5th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Tell your sister to knock on doors to go check backyards,look over fences and call his name,put up posters of course..
Having never been outside he more than likely is lost,even if he's only hiding 2 houses away.
I am sure they'll find him,hungry and thirsty very close by...:pray:

hazelrunpack
July 5th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Anything yet, aslan? :goodvibes: :grouphug:

Frenchy
July 5th, 2008, 08:58 PM
No updates ? :sad:

onster
July 6th, 2008, 12:26 AM
:sad::sad:

I hope they find him, he's beautiful.

Have u tried leaving some of his litter out too?

growler~GateKeeper
July 6th, 2008, 12:59 AM
A slept-in tshirt on the porch/doorway helps too :grouphug:

:goodvibes: :fingerscr Dez come home :fingerscr :goodvibes:

14+kitties
July 6th, 2008, 07:25 AM
I keep hoping for good news when I open this thread. :sad:
I hope he comes back soon. It is so sad when there are kids involved too. They miss their pets.
:grouphug: to your nephew. I hope his kitty shows up safe. Maybe some neighbour has taken him in. :shrug:

meg4050
July 6th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Aslan, I forwarded this to my sister and BIL in etobicoke...they're going to tell their neighbours

:fingerscr:fingerscr for Dez!

aslan
July 6th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Thanks meg, all help is appreciated, k litter is outside, sister sits crying in the window, tuna and salmon, julians smelly socks, posters are up, walking the neighbour hood making kissy sounds, 'cause he responds to that.

rainbow
July 6th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Sorry to hear about your sister's cat, Aslan. :sad: He should be close to home since he's an indoor kitty. Are they going out late at night and really early in the morning? Good luck. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

14+kitties
July 6th, 2008, 02:40 PM
So I guess she figured she put her cat out, it was ok to put out your sister's too? :loser: I dislike people like that!

aslan
July 6th, 2008, 03:57 PM
yupper rainbow, flashlights etc, still nothin.

14+ the neighbour is to put it not so politely a twat... she wasn't looking after the cat, she just does stuff to deliberately bug my sis, like stealing a brand new inflatable x-mas polar bear, unfortunately can't prove it. but pay back is a biatch.

we are more concerned that they took him in the car somewhere else, since right when he went missing the neighbour went out for about 20 mins, and she's just that kinda person.

Joeyjoejoe
July 6th, 2008, 04:24 PM
I live a few streets north of the area, so I'm not really in the search area, but I'll keep my eyes open!

Frenchy
July 6th, 2008, 05:23 PM
we are more concerned that they took him in the car somewhere else, since right when he went missing the neighbour went out for about 20 mins, and she's just that kinda person.

WHAT ? :eek: you guys think she may have done that ? omg , this woman needs to be put in her place !!

Still sending :goodvibes: for kittie to be found :fingerscr

SIL
July 6th, 2008, 09:04 PM

What kind of :loser: would do that especially when there is a child involved!!! I agree with Frenchy, she needs to be put in her place!!!

:fingerscr:pray: for Dezy's safe return...

SIL
July 7th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Aslan...just wondering if you also called the Mississauga Animal Shelter
(905)896-5864 and the Humane Society (905) 271-0883.

Love4himies
July 7th, 2008, 08:14 AM
I just read this, Aslan, if your sister's kitty is still around, it may be too scared to come out of hiding, like Rainbow said early morning (3-4AM) is best time to look for their kitty.

I hope your sister finds him soon :fingerscr :grouphug:

SIL
July 7th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Aslan...there is a black domestic longhair at the East Animal Shelter, no picture though.
http://www.petharbor.com/detail.asp?ID=A444194&LOCATION=TRNT3&searchtype=LOST&friends=1&samaritans=1&nosuccess=0&rows=10&imght=120&imgres=thumb&view=sysadm.v_animal_short&bgcolor=639ace&text=ffffff&link=FEFF81&alink=FF814A&vlink=FEFF81&fontface=arial&fontsize=10&col_hdr_bg=004d84&col_hdr_fg=efeff7&col_bg=004d84&col_fg=ffffff&SBG=004d84&zip=m&miles=10&shelterlist='TRNT1','TRNT','TRNT2','TRNT3','TRNT4' ,'TRNT5'&atype=&where=type_CAT,gender_m

Love4himies
July 7th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Aslan...there is a black domestic longhair at the East Animal Shelter, no picture though.
http://www.petharbor.com/detail.asp?ID=A444194&LOCATION=TRNT3&searchtype=LOST&friends=1&samaritans=1&nosuccess=0&rows=10&imght=120&imgres=thumb&view=sysadm.v_animal_short&bgcolor=639ace&text=ffffff&link=FEFF81&alink=FF814A&vlink=FEFF81&fontface=arial&fontsize=10&col_hdr_bg=004d84&col_hdr_fg=efeff7&col_bg=004d84&col_fg=ffffff&SBG=004d84&zip=m&miles=10&shelterlist='TRNT1','TRNT','TRNT2','TRNT3','TRNT4' ,'TRNT5'&atype=&where=type_CAT,gender_m

:fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr

aslan
July 7th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Thanks Sil, totally opposite end of the city from me, it was Neilson and Ellesmere. Got all excited. Yup i've phoned all of the animal shelters right out to Oakville.

allmywebsite1
July 7th, 2008, 10:37 AM
ok we will give u proper info if we get it soon.

SIL
July 7th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Aslan...I know it's the opposite end but if you think she took him somewhere in the car he could be anywhere. I hope that's not the case but you never know if she's a :loser:.

aslan
July 7th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Good point, but the idiot was only gone about 20 minutes max. Grace and i are gonna go to marie curtis park and take a look, i will call sis with the number tho just in case.

aslan
July 7th, 2008, 10:46 AM
ok we will give u proper info if we get it soon.

k this thoroughly confused me...

aslan
July 7th, 2008, 10:57 AM
K sis called and the kitty they have still has his family jewels sooo definately not desi. She is going to go door to door tonight droppin off lost posters. If he's crossed the road into the park property gonna 'cause a slight problem.

Love4himies
July 7th, 2008, 11:01 AM

This person has a post in the July 2008 photo challenge too that is very confusing.

Love4himies
July 7th, 2008, 11:03 AM
K sis called and the kitty they have still has his family jewels sooo definately not desi. She is going to go door to door tonight droppin off lost posters. If he's crossed the road into the park property gonna 'cause a slight problem.

:sad: I was hoping it was your sister's cat.

Frenchy
July 7th, 2008, 11:05 AM

This person has a post in the July 2008 photo challenge too that is very confusing.

:confused: summer is here guys .... and so are these = :clown:

hazelrunpack
July 7th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Oh, cr@p, aslan! I keep hoping for good news. :sad:

And I'm praying that the neighbor did not take Dez for a ride! :eek:

Sending more :goodvibes: for a good outcome!! :grouphug:

aslan
July 7th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Thanks everyone, my sister has been lurking and she really appreciates all the vibes and great advice, as soon as i know something i'll let you know.

growler~GateKeeper
July 7th, 2008, 11:29 PM
:goodvibes: :fingerscr

:grouphug: for Dezi's family I hope he comes home soon :pray:

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2008, 08:11 AM
More :goodvibes: and :pray:s for Dezi and :grouphug:s for Dezi's family!

14+kitties
July 8th, 2008, 08:40 AM
:fingerscr:goodvibes: and :grouphug: for Dezi and his family. I really hope he shows up soon!
:evil: woman upstairs needs a hex put on her!

aslan
July 8th, 2008, 11:43 AM
well, sister has had 3 different people all say they've seen him in the same spot. And the lady at the top of her street works for the animal rescue, sooooo:pray:
oh and 14+ what i have planned is gonna be worse than a hex.

14+kitties
July 8th, 2008, 01:22 PM
"what i have planned is gonna be worse than a hex. "

I know aslan. Don't blame you. Just don't want you incriminating yourself. I don't know if a forum like this could be pulled and used in a court but why chance it. :D
It's good so many people have seen Dez. Let's hope they will keep looking for him and one of them will take him into their home. Not just let him keep wandering. More :goodvibes: for his safe return.

NoahGrey
July 8th, 2008, 01:59 PM
About 2 years ago I lived in a basement apartment. The hell of my life. I hated it. It was sooo loud and not to mention the family upstairs were not animal people. Found that out a few days after I moved in.

I gave my notice a week after I'd had moved in. When she started to show my place to perpsective tenants I ALWAYS was there.

Even since her comment was "I'll try not to let her out". (for some reason if I was not there..but they have to give you 24 hours notice, so made sure I was there. I just about chewed her out after she had said that too me. She was a freak. I remember she was soo peeved off that the birds woke her up, she saying "god I hate those damn birds". And I am thinking they are birds...who does not like the chrpping?

Kepp us posted and i hope you find him.

ACO22

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2008, 02:02 PM
well, sister has had 3 different people all say they've seen him in the same spot. And the lady at the top of her street works for the animal rescue, sooooo:pray:

:fingerscr :goodvibes: that it turns out to be Dezi! :goodvibes:

onster
July 8th, 2008, 05:51 PM
I hoped there were would be good news before I left :sad:

:fingerscr:fingerscr for Dez :goodvibes:

aslan
July 8th, 2008, 06:24 PM
just came back from checking out a phone message she got, she lives right by a park and the lake, soooooo i wandered around in the park making kissing noises and calling him. Can you say i felt like an idiot. No kitty yet.:sad:

Love4himies
July 8th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Oh no, maybe Dezi was too scared to come out:sad:.

:fingerscr and sending some :goodvibes: that this nightmare is over soon.

aslan
July 8th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Sis will probably go look when she gets home, jullian had soccer tonight, he will come to them before anyone else. The guy who saw him was going back out looking too.

grumpyman
July 8th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Just a question. Has the boy been sent out to call his cat?

14+kitties
July 8th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Aww aslan. :sad: Nothing yet? I keep hoping! :goodvibes::fingerscr

aslan
July 8th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Just a question. Has the boy been sent out to call his cat?

yup, he was going out every 15 minutes the other night calling and kissing, etc.

poor guy has now probably just been soaked since we just had a huge downpour.

Stacer
July 8th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I'll be down there tomorrow working @ Col. Sam Smith Park, I'll keep my eyes open for Dez. Have they gone into the park or the college campus to look for him? He may be disoriented in the natural areas there.

aslan
July 8th, 2008, 08:40 PM
hey stacer, i have been in the park almost everyday since he went missing, we have a couple of reports of him being there, i even went to the jean tweed house and asked them to keep an eye out. My sister lives on 13th st. so that was my big concern, waaaaaay too much space if he got in the park. Umm if you happen to see him, he loves kissy sounds, then people will think we're friends:D

Stacer
July 8th, 2008, 08:46 PM
If you're there tomorrow between 8 am and 2pm, I'll be one of the girls with a loud brushsaw cutting around some of the planting sites near the very end parking lot.

aslan
July 8th, 2008, 08:48 PM
I actually don't live too far from there, i'm just off 26th, great so now i'm gonna walk through the park making kissy sounds saying desi, then yelling stacer. Shall i remind you that the building there used to be the old psychiatric hospital.:crazy:

Stacer
July 8th, 2008, 08:51 PM
I'd heard that about the place. I also heard that there are underground tunnels as well, for the doctors to use for whatever reason (escape?)

aslan
July 8th, 2008, 08:54 PM
between certain building yup there is, i went through jean tweed, and they use to use the one building plus the house. Leave an addict alone long enough and we go wandering:D. K i will keep an eye out for you.

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Good luck tomorrow! :goodvibes:

Love4himies
July 9th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Sending some more :goodvibes: for today's search!

aslan
July 9th, 2008, 09:20 PM
i was asked by a very cute little 6yr old boy, to thank you all for your help with trying to find his kitty. Soooo " Thank-you guys".

chico2
July 10th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Oh Aslan,reading that I thought you'd found Dez,my heart went for a leap....but no,no good news:sad:
Give the little guy a big hug and tell him not to give up,his kitty is out there waiting to be found:pray:

SIL
July 10th, 2008, 07:21 AM
:grouphug:for your nephew.:goodvibes:for finding Dezi.

rainbow
July 12th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Sorry he's still missing, Aslan......I hope you find Dezi soon. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

aslan
September 10th, 2008, 03:33 PM
:fingerscr i just went to see a cat at the animal shelter near me at my sisters request, she is leaving work right now to go look. I can't say 100% one way or the other if it's him. If it is, who ever has had him has definately been feeding him well. As soon as this cat saw me it started meowing and was super sucky. I'll let you know when she calls.

chico2
September 10th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Oh Aslan,:fingerscrthat it's Dezi:pray:

SIL
September 10th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Sending lots of :goodvibes::goodvibes: your way!!!

aslan
September 10th, 2008, 05:28 PM
WooooooHoooooo...It's him, she did all the Desi test's squishing him, cuddles tummy rubs etc, only thing he wont do right now is give kisses. He is in her car and on the way home right now. Thanks everyone for your support.:D

14+kitties
September 10th, 2008, 05:31 PM
OMG aslan!!! That is going to be one happy little boy when mommy gets home with his kitty! That is marvelous news!!!!!!!!!!!! :highfive:

14+kitties
September 10th, 2008, 05:35 PM
So ummmmm, just wanted to know if neighbour will be warned!! :rolleyes: I hope she isn't stupid enough to "let him out" again!

Your sister knows she will probably have to do a re-introduction with the cats, right?

aslan
September 10th, 2008, 05:39 PM
lol, yup he's in the car with her, jabbering away at the cat, apparantly who ever had him has trained him to wear a harness. I had to tell her to be prepared that Lucy may be abit hissy, lol apparantly she is and desi is just ignoring.

aslan
September 10th, 2008, 05:45 PM
So ummmmm, just wanted to know if neighbour will be warned!! :rolleyes: I hope she isn't stupid enough to "let him out" again!

Your sister knows she will probably have to do a re-introduction with the cats, right?

oh yes the neighbour has been totally warned, actually i'd like my sis to put a restraining order on her, it would force her to move.

shirley1011
September 10th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Oh I am so happy for your sister....that is the best news.:cat:

aslan
September 10th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Thanks Shirley i just everyone could get there babies back. He definately needs to lose a few pounds now.

Winston
September 10th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Aslan thats great news! How did this all come about? how did you find Desi?

Cindy

aslan
September 10th, 2008, 06:56 PM
hey winston, my sister checks petharbor continually, she called me early this morning to look at the picture, then asked could i go see him. I called her and said i think so but not 100% so she went and got him.

Winston
September 10th, 2008, 07:01 PM
is petharbour a shelter? did someone bring him in?

aslan
September 10th, 2008, 07:05 PM
petharbor is a website that you can check all of the shelters and see what has been brought in. He apparantly was brought in lastnight wearing a blue harness. He didn't own one so whoever had him obviously was making sure he didn't try to go home.

Frenchy
September 10th, 2008, 08:55 PM
omg I just saw this update ! wooohooo ! I'm so glad he's back with your sister and her family !!! yipeeeeeeeeeeeee ! :crazy:

SIL
September 10th, 2008, 09:35 PM
GREAT NEWS Aslan!!! I'm glad Desi could be reunited with his family, especially your nephew. If he could only talk and let you know what actually happened...

growler~GateKeeper
September 10th, 2008, 09:49 PM
WooooooooHooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was afraid to open the thread after this long but :thumbs up :highfive: awesome news!!!! :D :highfive: :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
September 10th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Not the news I expected...but it was the news I was hoping :pray:ing :fingerscring for!!!!

Yippppeeeeee!!!!! Yaaahhhhhhooooooooooo!

What great news, aslan!!! :highfive:

chico2
September 11th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Aww Aslan,that's fantastic news,I honestly expected a"no,it was not him":sad:
Dezi is home with his family:thumbs up

Love4himies
September 11th, 2008, 07:09 AM
WAHOO!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for your sister :cloud9::lovestruck:

Was this shelter close to her place?

14+kitties
September 11th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Well, has your nephew settled down yet with his kitty? :cloud9: I would expect he would be so happy to have Desi back home he wouldn't have wanted to sleep last night. He sure has a happy story to tell the class today!

Chris21711
September 11th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Great news Aslan :thumbs up

breeze
September 11th, 2008, 08:45 AM
WOOOOOHOOOOOO

glad that Dezi was found and is back home save and sound..

phoozles
September 11th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Great news! :highfive: She must be so relieved!

Stacer
September 11th, 2008, 03:26 PM
That's awesome Aslan.

I was down at Col. Sam several times and kept my eyes open for him, but obviously someone found him and took him home.

I wonder if they tried to find his owners? Well he's back where he belongs now and that's what matters!!

aslan
September 11th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Hey Stacer, thanks for keepin an eye out for the little goober. He is much heavier than before so i assume he's been well fed.

krdahmer
September 12th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Wow that is so awesome!