Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Great Kitten Needs Home Asap! -$50

Jessicadelage66
July 4th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Hi,

She is a young, short-haired, female kitten (about 6-8 months).
She doesn't have a name (I don't know it), so you could name her anything you want.
When I found her she was very thin and not very playful but I have cared for her for about 2 months now and she is looking great and is perfectly healthy and happy.
She is eating dry Science Diet, indoor cat and loves treats.

She is very friendly, never bites (sometimes scratches playfully) loves to cuddle and will rub against your legs or chest and sometimes even licks.
She would be best as an only pet or with one other cat, I have two cats and two dogs and she really hates my dogs but is okay if just one of my cats is around.
She is okay with children as long as they are nice with her (like all cats).

She is litter trained, indoor only, quiet (she only meows if you lock her up alone and she want attention) and she comes with everything you will need: toys, brush, treats, bed/blankets, litter box, litter liners, litter scoop, carrier, hanging scratching post, food bowl, collars and leash, and I will give some food, food container and litter (the litter I by is very cheap, about $8-$10 and last over 1 month) with her also.

She is not fixed yet and I donít know if she has had any shots or been to a vet.
I think you should bring her to a vet for a check up.
She in not de-clawed, (I prefer that she stays that way) she only scratches her scratching post.

I am asking $50 for her and all the stuff.

Feel free to email me with any question or to come meet her,
Jessica

Winston
July 4th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Could I suggest that you get this little one spayed before you adopt her out? there are so many unwanted kittens already!! and you will have no idea whether she will be used to breed kittens? please spend the money on a spay for her and then whatever that costs ask that price for her! you can give her a chance at not being a cat that has litter upon litter upon litter! and if you dont beleive me check out some of the threads we have here on ALL the litters people on this site alone find in abandoned sheds, buildings, garages you name it!!
I am not trying to be rude..but you have a chance to make a difference!!

14+kitties
July 4th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Could I suggest that you get this little one spayed before you adopt her out? there are so many unwanted kittens already!! and you will have no idea whether she will be used to breed kittens? please spend the money on a spay for her and then whatever that costs ask that price for her! you can give her a chance at not being a cat that has litter upon litter upon litter! and if you dont beleive me check out some of the threads we have here on ALL the litters people on this site alone find in abandoned sheds, buildings, garages you name it!!
I am not trying to be rude..but you have a chance to make a difference!!

Well put Winston! :thumbs up She is such a sweetie my fear is that people would think her kittens would be "cute" and she would be a breeding machine. :sad: I second Winston's plea. Please spay her prior to adoption.

mona_b
July 5th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Thank you for taking her in.:thumbs up

I do have to agree with Winston.I would take her in to get checked by a vet.Just to make sure she is ok.And have her spayed.If this is the age you think she is,won't be long before she comes into heat.

Jessicadelage66
July 5th, 2008, 01:57 PM
I will be making sure she gets spayed by who ever takes her.
Also I brought her to a vet to find out if she had a microchip when I first found her and they said she seemed heathy.
The problem is I can not afford to get her fixed or bring her to the vet even if I am getting the money back.

14+kitties
July 5th, 2008, 02:25 PM
A few links for rescues in Ottawa area. Maybe if you get in touch with them or other ones you may know about they might be able to give you the name of a vet who will do the spay at a reduced price. :fingerscr It would be a lot safer for the kitty. Good luck!

http://search.petfinder.com/shelterSearch/shelterSearch.cgi?animal=&breed=&age=&size=&specialNeeds=&declawedPets=&children=&status=&id=&internal=&contact=&name=&shelterid=ON159&sort=&preview=

http://www.acreaturecomfort.com/rescuelinks.htm

http://www.1-800-save-a-pet.com/adoption_rescue/71941.html