Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Could be Igby's last day..

phoozles
July 4th, 2008, 09:54 AM
So I thought I'd throw in some pictures..

Of course I couldn't get too many of Igby - he's decided he likes to hang out under my legs for stealth attacks :rolleyes:

But here he is

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/phoozles/kittens/sweetcc.jpg

here's a cute kitten pileup

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/phoozles/kittens/threekittenpileup.jpg

Igby mugging for the camera

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/phoozles/kittens/Igbyinvestigates.jpg

allymack
July 4th, 2008, 09:56 AM
aw, they are all adorable ! i love the kitty pile up :lovestruck:

phoozles
July 4th, 2008, 09:56 AM
I've made HUGE progress with CC over the last couple of days - she actually played with me and let me pet her with minimal hissing!

They love their little mice - here's CC playing dead in order to trick the mouse into submission - I think it worked!

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/phoozles/kittens/CCplaysdead.jpg

Cappy - Mouse Killer

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/phoozles/kittens/cappymousekiller.jpg

Cappy and CC with a little snuggle time

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/phoozles/kittens/cappyandcc.jpg

CC sitting pretty

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/phoozles/kittens/CCsittingpretty.jpg

Cappy looking dapper

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/phoozles/kittens/mrcappy.jpg

Ethel and CC checkin' out the carpet

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/phoozles/kittens/EthelandCC.jpg

Magicwildwolf69
July 4th, 2008, 10:03 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/love1/1.gif
oh i love kittens their colors are so pretty. I keep saying i want another cat my bf keeps saying no i wonder why :rolleyes:

Love4himies
July 4th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Oh they are getting so big! I love the kitten pile up picture :laughing:. Glad to hear CC is coming around, it just takes a little bit longer for some kitties than others.

phoozles
July 4th, 2008, 10:07 AM
aw, they are all adorable ! i love the kitty pile up :lovestruck:

I know - I love when I walk in the room and they are all snuggled up together.. it doesn't last long though - then they are runnin' around like maniacs again! :cloud9:

phoozles
July 4th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Oh they are getting so big! I love the kitten pile up picture :laughing:. Glad to hear CC is coming around, it just takes a little bit longer for some kitties than others.

I know, I can't believe how big they are!

I honestly thought CC was never going to come around - she would play with the others, but wouldn't let us get close at all - in fact, it's been about a month, and I've just now been able to sort of get close to her.. Actually, before yesterday, she never would have let me get close enough to take the pictures I have of her!

She loves to watch me clean out the litter boxes though - has to supervise every time, so maybe that's what we bonded over.. poop :laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 4th, 2008, 10:26 AM
omg...be still my pounding heart! When you said "last day"...well, hazel jumped to the wrong conclusion! :eek: Obviously, madame hazel's crystal ball was playing tricks on her this morning! :laughing:

He is just a doll. :flirt: I can download the first three pics...love that kitty pile! :cloud9:

So will he be close by so you can visit? :fingerscr

phoozles
July 4th, 2008, 10:41 AM
:laughing: Sorry Hazel, I realized that after I posted it that I should have used better words :o

Yeah, he might be going to his forever home this weekend.. I will miss him! :sad: I probably won't get to visit him, but I said one of the conditions of his adoption is LOTS and LOTS of pictures, and his future owner agreed, so :fingerscr

phoozles
July 4th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Just got confirmation that Igby is indeed going to his forever home on Sunday night :cry: He is seriously the friendliest, funniest little guy.. But he's going to a good home, so I need to remember that..

Maybe it'll make CC come even further out of her shell..

Elizabeth Ann
July 4th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Not to be too demanding or anything but I want more pictures.

I love kittens, LOVE them… since I can’t have any (gizmo would eat them) I need to get my fix from picture…. MORE NOW PLEASE!!.

I liked the playing dead picture. So cute.

phoozles
July 4th, 2008, 02:52 PM
:laughing: I'll do my best - it actually took me at least an hour to get them on photobucket last night - in case no one has mentioned it before, dial up sucks! :mad: :D

I'll take lots more because they'll be leaving soon.. Maybe I"ll even deliver them in doses so you can keep getting your fix ;)

hazelrunpack
July 4th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Just got confirmation that Igby is indeed going to his forever home on Sunday night :cry: He is seriously the friendliest, funniest little guy.. But he's going to a good home, so I need to remember that..

You're doing a wonderful thing for the little guy! :grouphug:

:laughing: I'll do my best - it actually took me at least an hour to get them on photobucket last night - in case no one has mentioned it before, dial up sucks! :mad: :D

It's hazel's mantra! That's why I only get the first three pics! :yell:

I'll take lots more because they'll be leaving soon.. Maybe I"ll even deliver them in doses so you can keep getting your fix ;)

hazel would love that, too...so would Chris!

I didn't know you were on dial-up phoozles! :grouphug: My condolences! :laughing:

14+kitties
July 4th, 2008, 03:24 PM
So :sad:. Are you ready to give up Igby? I know he was your favourite. Have you told them if things don't work out with him he comes back to you?
Has Cappy turned blacker or is it just the pictures? He seems to be losing some of the white hairs?
Last question - maybe. :D How are those other litters your FH found? Has he managed to get closer to them?

:grouphug: for you hon. I lost 4 of mine last week. I know they are all in good homes but you are still allowed to miss them. :grouphug:

phoozles
July 4th, 2008, 03:30 PM
hazel would love that, too...so would Chris!

I didn't know you were on dial-up phoozles! :grouphug: My condolences! :laughing:

:laughing: Well, for the most part I'm lucky - I've got high speed at work and a job that has a LOT of downtime, which is why I'm usually only on during the day - I honestly don't know how you guys do it day in and day out on dial up!

Anytime I want to add a pic though, I have to battle the phone lines.. It's absolutely awful.. that's why they are few and far between.. I was hoping you'd still be able to see the other ones.. :sad: I'll space them out better next time :thumbs up

phoozles
July 4th, 2008, 03:38 PM
So :sad:. Are you ready to give up Igby? I know he was your favourite. Have you told them if things don't work out with him he comes back to you?

It's going to be REALLY hard to give up Igby, but I know it's for the best, and I know that the longer I have them, the harder it will be.. I'm going to let her know that he's to be returned to me immediately if things don't work when she comes by on Sunday .. I think it will be a true test when the other two go as well - I have consolation that there will still be two little cuties left for at least a little while longer..

Speaking of which, I'm getting pretty aggrivated with my brother.. he told me he was interested, and now I haven't heard anything from him.. Both my sister and I have called and emailed him and nothing.. :frustrated: You'd think he was 15 instead of 30 .. :rolleyes: The good news is that my sister said she'd take both of them if he won't take one, but I know she'd rather only have one, so I'm hoping he'll get his act together and just let me know either way soon :fingerscr

Has Cappy turned blacker or is it just the pictures? He seems to be losing some of the white hairs?

Cappy does look like he's lost some of his white.. He's still got them throughout, but not as much - I've noticed it mostly in his ears - and he's not as fluffy.. But still cute as the dickens, and very tall - he's going to be a big guy!

Last question - maybe. :D How are those other litters your FH found? Has he managed to get closer to them?

Last night FH told me he saw one of the litters crossing the road with the Momma and going into someone's garage.. He seemed relieved - I just hope that that house is taking care of them.. I've been kind of concentrated on Ethel and her pooping problem and the rest of the gang, so I've tried to block the other litters out.. *sigh*

:grouphug: for you hon. I lost 4 of mine last week. I know they are all in good homes but you are still allowed to miss them. :grouphug:

I was thinking of you when I finalized Igby's departure date - I can't imagine losing 4 at once! :eek: It must have been so hard - I'll miss him, but yeah, it's for a good cause.. :grouphug: for you too!

ancientgirl
July 4th, 2008, 07:39 PM
They look so big now! What a pile of cuteness. Seeing Ethel next to one of them though makes it clear what a small young kitty she is herself.

I thought you were keeping her? Did you find her a home too?

14+kitties
July 4th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Speaking of which, I'm getting pretty aggrivated with my brother.. he told me he was interested, and now I haven't heard anything from him.. Both my sister and I have called and emailed him and nothing.. You'd think he was 15 instead of 30 .. The good news is that my sister said she'd take both of them if he won't take one, but I know she'd rather only have one, so I'm hoping he'll get his act together and just let me know either way soon

You have one of those too? But in my case it isn't my bro, it's my oldest son. He is almost 35 :eek: (makes me feel old) :rolleyes: and acts about 12 sometimes. That's great your sis is willing to take both to help you out. It would be nice for the kittens too to be together. Maybe you should encourage that? They would keep each other company and not get into as much trouble as one.
Losing 4 at once hasn't been bad because I still have the others in the house and my babies in the catuary. I sure notice there are less though. I have talked to the woman who took Whiskey (Nip) and Chip (Tuck) and she promised once they go to the vet this week she will phone and let me know what he said. She said they were settling in well. Tuck was letting the dog (lab) lick his face and everything! Nip was a little more reserved but was doing well. I love hearing that. And of course she knows they come back if something goes wrong.
The other ones are at my kids. I talked to them and things seemed to be going not too bad. :fingerscr
Good Luck with Igby, Cappy and CC. I will keep fingers crossed. Then you can start on getting Ethel integrated with the rest of your crew. :D Let the fun begin!!

krdahmer
July 4th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Aw thanks for the pics... snuggly kitten pics always make my day! Good luck with the homes and letting them go... I know it killed me to let Fagan's brother's and sister go... and they are all with my family! :rolleyes::o

angeldogs
July 5th, 2008, 12:00 AM
They are all adorable.the pileup pics is cute.

growler~GateKeeper
July 5th, 2008, 03:05 AM
Love the kitten pile up :lovestruck: :cloud9:

Looks like CC's eyes have turned brown or is it just the light?

chico2
July 5th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Phoozles,PHEW you scared me...last day:yell:
Those pics just made my morning,sooo cute,thank's!
Hopefully the little guy won't miss his siblings too much..

phoozles
July 7th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Love the kitten pile up :lovestruck: :cloud9:

Looks like CC's eyes have turned brown or is it just the light?

CC's eyes are more grey now.. They aren't as brown as Igby's but they definitely aren't the bright blue they started off as, which is kind of a shame.

phoozles
July 7th, 2008, 09:38 AM
They look so big now! What a pile of cuteness. Seeing Ethel next to one of them though makes it clear what a small young kitty she is herself.

I thought you were keeping her? Did you find her a home too?

I am keeping Ethel - she is tiny, but also fiesty.

Igby went to his new home yesterday :sad: The good news is his new owner doesn't declaw and I think she's keeping the name :thumbs up He truly freaked when she picked him up, but I'm sure he'll be fine - and I told her that she could definitely bring him back if things didn't work out..

As for Ethel, this morning she had opened the door to her room again. I fed her and closed the door. She reopened it, and there was a bit of a showdown. Since they've been living in the same house for over 4 weeks, I decided to supervise. Jake did nothing - didn't hiss growl or anything, he just watched. Things were peaceful, until Alley came in the room. Little tiny Alley started hissing and growling. Ethel growled back, but that was about it. Ethel was also squinting her eyes - I don't remember what this means :confused: . Finally I had had enough, so I coaxed Ethel back into her room (the kittens were hiding). Alley decided to take a few steps closer to Ethel's room, and that's when Ethel took off and chased her up the stairs.

There were no blows, but obviously Ethel is still protective of that room. *sigh*

phoozles
July 7th, 2008, 09:41 AM
You have one of those too? But in my case it isn't my bro, it's my oldest son. He is almost 35 :eek: (makes me feel old) :rolleyes: and acts about 12 sometimes. That's great your sis is willing to take both to help you out. It would be nice for the kittens too to be together. Maybe you should encourage that? They would keep each other company and not get into as much trouble as one.
Losing 4 at once hasn't been bad because I still have the others in the house and my babies in the catuary. I sure notice there are less though. I have talked to the woman who took Whiskey (Nip) and Chip (Tuck) and she promised once they go to the vet this week she will phone and let me know what he said. She said they were settling in well. Tuck was letting the dog (lab) lick his face and everything! Nip was a little more reserved but was doing well. I love hearing that. And of course she knows they come back if something goes wrong.
The other ones are at my kids. I talked to them and things seemed to be going not too bad. :fingerscr
Good Luck with Igby, Cappy and CC. I will keep fingers crossed. Then you can start on getting Ethel integrated with the rest of your crew. :D Let the fun begin!!

While my sister is being sweet in offering to take both, I know she doesn't really want to do it, so I'm trying not to push it - she's already agreed to it, so we'll see. I actually finally talked to my brother last night .. he said his roommate and himself are still 'deciding' .. I told him it's been two weeks, make up your mind! He said they think it would be nice, but they are also worried about the smell and the cat hair.. Anyway, he said he'd have a decision for me in two days, so I guess I find out then..

I'm delivering either Cappy, CC or both to my sister this weekend.

14+, or L4H, if you're reading this, have you tried integrating a former momma cat to the household (L4H, I know you have). Any tips? Will she lose her aggressiveness once all three are gone? I'm not quite sure what my next step will be..

Chris21711
July 7th, 2008, 10:09 AM
No advice for you Phoozles on integration, just a big fat :thumbs up for deciding to keep Ethel. I know you had already decided but fh wasn't. :laughing:

14+kitties
July 7th, 2008, 10:44 AM
14+, or L4H, if you're reading this, have you tried integrating a former momma cat to the household (L4H, I know you have). Any tips? Will she lose her aggressiveness once all three are gone? I'm not quite sure what my next step will be..[/QUOTE]

I don't have any mommas in the house with my house kitties Phoozles. Sorry. You are right. L4H is the perfect person to talk to. She has tons more experience in that area than I do.

I hopy you are ok after giving Igby to his new home. :grouphug: to you. You are doing a wonderful thing!!!! :angel: you

Love4himies
July 7th, 2008, 10:59 AM
The one HUGE MISTAKE I made was allowing Sweet Pea and her kittens loose around Puddles. I knew Puddles would not hurt the kittens, but would not be friendly. One of the kittens jumped on Puddles' chair, Puddles let out a huge hiss, Sweet Pea was only a foot away and it took only a second for Sweet Pea to jump on Puddles and attack her.

That was last October 2007, they have had to be kept seperate since and they were not friends before, but were no attacks either before this incidence. I got Sweet Pea in July 2007.

I would wait until all the kittens are gone before introducing Ethel just incase there is an incident like I mentioned and may forever have to shuffle kitties around.:frustrated: I don't think Sweet Pea remembers why she hates Puddles, only that she does.

ancientgirl
July 7th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Phoozles, that sounds like great advice. I don't think you want to be keeping all your gang separated all the time. I'm sure Ethel will integrate great into your cat family, but best to do it after the kittens are gone.

I'm glad Igby is in a nice home, and it's wonderful you let the woman know he always has a place with you if it doesn't work out.

phoozles
July 7th, 2008, 12:02 PM
14+ I am okay with giving up Igby. It's weird that he's not there, but I know he'll be well taken care of (his new mom told me that she had called ahead to her fiance to make sure that their resident cat had her nails trimmed - he said he had already done it and brushed her out too :lovestruck:). Once they are all gone I'll miss them, but I am anxious to move on to the next step, where everyone lives in harmony :rolleyes:

The one HUGE MISTAKE I made was allowing Sweet Pea and her kittens loose around Puddles. I knew Puddles would not hurt the kittens, but would not be friendly. One of the kittens jumped on Puddles' chair, Puddles let out a huge hiss, Sweet Pea was only a foot away and it took only a second for Sweet Pea to jump on Puddles and attack her.

That was last October 2007, they have had to be kept seperate since and they were not friends before, but were no attacks either before this incidence. I got Sweet Pea in July 2007.

I would wait until all the kittens are gone before introducing Ethel just incase there is an incident like I mentioned and may forever have to shuffle kitties around.:frustrated: I don't think Sweet Pea remembers why she hates Puddles, only that she does.

Thanks for the tips L4H, and I'm sorry you had to deal with that.. I wasn't planning on having them get together, but Ethel is determined to get that door open. After she charged Alley, I baracaded the door further, so hopefully she won't be able to open it. Cappy and CC will probably be leaving this weekend, so I can try the integration then..

Once the kittens were gone I was thinking of putting Jake and Alley in Ethel's room and let Ethel have the rest of the house for a bit.. After that.. I'm kind of stumped..