Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How Long Has This Forum Been Around??

thekatzmeow
July 4th, 2008, 02:21 AM
:goodvibes: ~ Hello All ~ I'm fairly new here, though I've posted a few threads in the past week or two since I found this site. Just wanted to say I've found a lot of useful information and good vibes from all of you animal lovers here. How long has this forum been around? Where did it begin?? -- (other than cyberspace.) I notice there are a lot of people from Canada. I'm in Hawaii. Happy Fourth of July to all who are celebrating it and hope your pets are not too startled by the fireworks in your area. Aloha! :usa:

growler~GateKeeper
July 4th, 2008, 02:54 AM
I can answer one of those questions:

The site began & is currently run out of Montreal, Quebec in Canada :ca:

14+kitties
July 4th, 2008, 06:52 AM
This is from the "About us" section of Pets.ca. I put just the first paragraph on but included the site if you would like more info. It's a great read!

Since 2000 Pets.ca has been building an online community for pet lovers from Canada and around the world. Currently, Pets.ca receives thousands of daily visitors from every continent. Most of our visitors are from the USA, Canada the United Kingdom and Australia. However most days people from the following countries visit as well:

http://www.pets.ca/about.htm

Hope your holiday is a great one! We had our fireworks on the 1st of July.

Magicwildwolf69
July 4th, 2008, 08:58 AM
i just join a few months ago and its a great place here i love it. My cat defentely gets scared by fireworks had some going off last night and he disappeared for most of the night.

marko
July 4th, 2008, 09:40 AM
thekatzmeow,

Yup this forum has been around since 2000-2001.

It is a great forum because of the community of dedicated pet lovers that we have here. :grouphug::goodvibes::highfive:

Thanks and Welcome and Happy July 4th! :usa:

Marko

thekatzmeow
July 6th, 2008, 06:12 PM
:thumbs up Hi ~ Thanks for filling me in! It is an interesting site with an interesting background. BTW, Marko, I have a cat that is identical to the one you have pictured. The same deep blues eyes and the same coloring -- beautiful if I may say so myself!! I look forward to chatting with any and all of you in the future!

kashtin's kin
July 6th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Welcome to the board, and as usual, some BB regulars (plus Marko/mod) have jumped in to help out re: query. I'm on some other boards that are British and American, so it's kind of nice to have such a good :thumbs up one that is 'Made in Canada'...everyone welcome, of course!

I've found a ton of support/encouragement/advice on here over the past couple of years which has made a great difference in the lives of me and the critters I serve :rolleyes:; indoor cats, feral cats esp.!, and dogs :D. Glad to hear of your positive impression, and I'm sure it will continue!

p.s. you've likely picked up on this already, but including pics with a question or thread when relevant is always appreciated; helps to make a situation 'come alive'...