Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Roxy the cat has a new home!

Helene4
July 2nd, 2008, 03:51 PM
After 3 months and 5 days of being a foster mother to Roxy, a stray we rescued, I'm officially off duty!:)

Sunday we took Roxy to her forever home, my sister's new house. While we were there, she was doing real good: exploring everywhere, sitting on the window sill looking outside, etc. When we left, she was on the bed cleaning herself. My sister reported she became nervous and "growly" after hubby and I left and it continued the next day. My sister was discouraged by the turn of events but now Roxy seems to really like my sister and her new place!:thumbs up I'm so relieved! My only worry is that Roxy won't get along with my 2 nephews (10 and 12 years old and of course a little rambunctious). They spend half the time at their father's house so Roxy won't see them everyday. I hope she won't get aggressive towards them. They have been waiting months for her and are happy to have a cat.

Roxy was spayed last Thursday and my sister has to go to the clinic to get the stitches taken out. She is worried she will look foolish in front of the vet if she can't handle Roxy or if she becomes a little scared should Roxy show her aggressive side. I told her not to worry; the vet and the technicians have seen it all and even a calm cat can become the cat from hell when being probed by the vet:laughing:

Anyway, I'm happy I helped Roxy have a better life and my 2 feline-girls are happy the "intruder" is gone!:D

phoozles
July 2nd, 2008, 04:19 PM
Yay! Roxy has a forever home! :highfive: