Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Digging Soultion Found!!

white wrabbit
July 2nd, 2008, 12:11 AM
Bury the dogs poop in the holes.. it is working on Maggie she has not dug in any place where we have her poop buried!!! she has not dug a hole in 2 days now!!!

i wanted to share and so you can pass the information along to any one else who has this problem...

Hugs and Love

Guinness' mom
July 2nd, 2008, 07:00 AM
What about dogs that like to eat their poop:yuck:....

Sabine
July 2nd, 2008, 07:09 AM
If they like to eat their poop you'll just have to cover it up with a metal grid. :D

hazelrunpack
July 2nd, 2008, 09:23 AM
Yeah, we have poop eaters. :frustrated: If they run into poop in a hole, they consider it a wonderful bonus... :rolleyes:

We've had good luck with the metal grids along the fence, though, Sabine--now we just need to carpet the rest of the yard with chicken wire! :crazy:

I'm glad the poop trick is working with Maggie, white rabbit! :thumbs up You bring hope to the rest of us that at some point, we may find a workable solution to prevent the uncontrolled expansion of our hole collections! :D

14+kitties
July 2nd, 2008, 09:45 AM
I'm glad the poop trick is working with Maggie, white rabbit! :thumbs up You bring hope to the rest of us that at some point, we may find a workable solution to prevent the uncontrolled expansion of our hole collections! :D

But Hazel - they are just trying to get you a cheap trip to China. :D

hazelrunpack
July 2nd, 2008, 09:51 AM
Believe me, we're more than halfway there! :rolleyes: I practically needed a front-end loader to fill in the canyon Macie dug me the other day! :laughing: She excavates them carefully out of sight from the deck, usually behind the shrubbery growing up under the back oak. :dog:

Etown_Chick
July 6th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Ever notice though, when it's time to turn the garden over in the fall the diggers are nowhere to be found?
I am going to try that poop trick, as he avoids his poop like the plague.

Thanks for the idea.

EC, who has a LOTS of empty garden and who's Scruff-Monster prefers to dig the grass.