Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

FOUND CAT w/4 kittens...Scarborough...McCowan & McNicoll

carlap
June 30th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I have found a mother with 4 kittens.

I am not one that know much about cats, but the mother looks like a manx or a tabby mix.

The kittens that are with her look about 6-8 weeks old.

They have been living in my backyard under my pine tree.

It looks like they may have been there for a while.

I put some food out for them and some milk and water.

Love4himies
June 30th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Thank you for feeding these guys, they really need it. Are you able to take them in or contact a rescue/shelter to trap them so they will be safe?

carlap
June 30th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Not sure who to contact and what to do.

I have a Bichon Frise dog myself and because we have a lot of racoons in the area, I don't want to bring the cats in my home.

Love4himies
June 30th, 2008, 08:06 PM
http://www.geocities.com/ospcagta/

I understand, it is not safe for them outside. If you contact the humane society they will be able to help you.

NoahGrey
July 1st, 2008, 08:54 AM
and some milk

Please stop providing them milk. Milk can cause D'rea in cats/kittens...which can cause dhydration, which in return can and lower their immune systems. It is also to hard on their stomach. A mothers cat milk is different and provides her kittens with nurioushment and helps fight bactieral bodies.

ACO22

carlap
July 1st, 2008, 01:58 PM
Not to worry, I did take the milk away.

I contacted the Humane Society and they told me to contact Toronto Animal Control. When I called them they told me that the only way that they can come and pick up the cats is if they are in a crate or a box. They also told me that they can't pick them up today (being Canada Day). I think I will wait a couple of days though because they also told me that the kittens will be fine to get adopted but that the mother may be put down...because of that I want to find the owner (assuming the owner wants to be found!)

Love4himies
July 2nd, 2008, 09:10 AM
Please don't take them to animal control :sad:, it is very high kill. Surely there is a rescue in the GTA that can be of assitance.

carlap
July 2nd, 2008, 09:18 AM
I was looking through the Humane Society website and I THINK I may have found the owner. I have called and left a message yesterday and again today.

I will keep the cats until I hear back from him. Little does he know...he has 5 cats instead of 1!!! Sure hope it does belong to him.

Love4himies
July 2nd, 2008, 09:23 AM
I hope you did, and that this owner gets the kitty spayed as soon as she is finished nursing :fingerscr

NoahGrey
July 2nd, 2008, 09:29 AM
Keep us posted:)

ACO22

badger
July 2nd, 2008, 10:01 AM
That would be awesome, if you found the owner, and even more awesome if he took responsibility for his error in judgement. Even Longblades would agree that allowing an unspayed cat to run loose is :crazy:
:fingerscr:fingerscr