Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lady (in Waiting) Ridge's very excellent birthday party!

hazelrunpack
June 29th, 2008, 11:10 PM
The 18th of June dawned bright and sunny. It was the perfect day for a party...and (what a stroke of luck!) it just happened to be Lady (in Waiting) Ridge's fifth birthday!

She had a lot of fun activities planned for the Pack but what's a party without a little surprise?

Sheriff Cole spotted Septic Truck lurking among the trees next door.

Cole has always had a soft spot of Septic Trucks...loves the smell and wanted to go into septic service as a career before he found his calling in Law Enforcement...so he was highly disappointed when Septic Truck didn't come to Ridge's party. But the Pack still had a great deal of fun barking it away from the neighborhood.

It was a great way to kick off the festivities.

angeldogs
June 29th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Awwwwww love the head shot of that gorgeous Lady in waiting.

:laughing:What a story teller you are.enjoyed reading it.

hazelrunpack
June 29th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Once the neighborhood had been made safe once more by the vanquishing of the Septic Truck, the festivities began in earnest.

There was a Cube that dispensed kibble as it rolled. Lady (in Waiting) Ridge followed the others around, picking up pieces of kibble they missed.

The Sheriff thought it was a lot of fun to play with!

Even the Princess-Queen tried her paw at it.

"Yep! This Toy is suitable even for Royal Play!" she declared.

angeldogs
June 29th, 2008, 11:20 PM
:laughing:Wonderful looking pups and that cube looks like a real fun.

hazelrunpack
June 29th, 2008, 11:24 PM
While the Sheriff and the Princess-Queen were keeping Cube exercised, King Ember and Esquire Brier were exploring other forms of entertainment.

Brier caught a Cuz and lay down for some serious squeaking.

The King captured Bad Cuz after a rousing chase...

...and carried him victoriously over to the shade to cool off.

angeldogs
June 29th, 2008, 11:26 PM
:laughing:the power of the cuz over the cube.

hazelrunpack
June 29th, 2008, 11:29 PM

Amazing Grace was hiding behind a nearby tree, plotting on how to get her paws on a Cuz of her own.

At just the right moment, she burst out of hiding, snatched a green Cuz right from under Princess Lil Belle's nose and zoomed away with it!

Cuz in mouth, she ran up to the deck to do a little serious squeaking of her own.

hazelrunpack
June 29th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Denied access to Cuz, Princess Lil Belle retired to the sunny deck to watch the rest of the festivities from above.

And there were lots of festivities to be seen...

SIL
June 29th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Hazel...great pictures, I'm glad your connection is holding out :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
June 29th, 2008, 11:36 PM
There was a Squirrel-treeing Contest...

...Dangerous Butterflies to point...

...and a Peony Patch to raid!

For some reason, the Hazel Run Mama didn't enjoy the Peony Raid as much as the rest of the Pack did... :shrug:

angeldogs
June 29th, 2008, 11:38 PM
:laughing:Your stories are the best hazel.and the pack has alot to do with that seeing they are about them.great pics all of them

hazelrunpack
June 29th, 2008, 11:43 PM
After it was all over, Lady (in Waiting) Ridge lay panting in the sun, happy and tired.

Sheriff Cole sauntered over and smiled down at her.

"That was a great party, Lady Ridge!" he barked, spitting a half-eaten peony out at her feet. "Can't wait to see what you have planned for next year!" :dog:

The End

:D

hazelrunpack
June 29th, 2008, 11:48 PM
:laughing:the power of the cuz over the cube.

*sigh* It was the last party where Cuz will be allowed... :sad: We're currently sweating out the passage of a piece of Cuz :rolleyes:...might be in a dog but hoping it's in the grass somewhere :fingerscr... No Cuz-related signs of distress yet, but hubby made me toss all our Cuzes away... :rip: Cuzes :sad:

Hazel...great pictures, I'm glad your connection is holding out :thumbs up

Me, too! :laughing: It's always touch-and-go when I try something like this. But it held out pretty well this time! :thumbs up

SIL
June 29th, 2008, 11:50 PM
It looks like the pack had a great time at the party. What more can a girl ask for then a flower from the Sheriff!!!http://www.pic4ever.com/images/rose.gif

allymack
June 29th, 2008, 11:51 PM
that was great Hazel! i abosolutely love reading all your stories about the pack! they are always so entertaining and the pictures are just great and go along with the story so well! hope Lady ( in waiting ) Ridge had a great birthday!

growler~GateKeeper
June 30th, 2008, 12:00 AM
That was an excellent party :thumbs up Lots of free entertainment, a good variety of food choices & great friends to share with.

Sneaky little Gracie :laughing:
How sweet of the Sheriff to share his peony :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
June 30th, 2008, 12:01 AM
It looks like the pack had a great time at the party. What more can a girl ask for then a flower from the Sheriff!!!http://www.pic4ever.com/images/rose.gif

An intact flower, maybe? :laughing: I've noticed that the presents they leave each other are rarely in one piece! :D

that was great Hazel! i abosolutely love reading all your stories about the pack! they are always so entertaining and the pictures are just great and go along with the story so well! hope Lady ( in waiting ) Ridge had a great birthday!

Thanks, ally! :o I think the entire Pack enjoyed Ridge's birthday! They sure did sleep well that night. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
June 30th, 2008, 12:03 AM
Sneaky little Gracie :laughing:
How sweet of the Sheriff to share his peony :lovestruck:

Yes, Grace is extremely sneaky! :laughing:

And that was hazel's peony to share, not Cole's! :rolleyes:

:rip: Peonies! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
June 30th, 2008, 12:09 AM
But the flower shop wouldn't accept Coley's dog biscuits as payment :shrug: what's a boy to do? :sad: He knew mum wouldn't be too mad cuz it was for the
Lady (in waiting)'s bday :pawprint:

rainbow
June 30th, 2008, 12:14 AM
Great pics :lovestruck: Great story :thumbs up Poor peonies. :sad: :rip:

It looks like a fun time was had by all. :crazy:

I love the head shot of Ridge :lovestruck: and Ember looks so regal with his paw on the Cuz. :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
June 30th, 2008, 12:23 AM
But the flower shop wouldn't accept Coley's dog biscuits as payment :shrug: what's a boy to do? :sad: He knew mum wouldn't be too mad cuz it was for the
Princess-Queen's bday

Aha!! Caught ya! :laughing: It was Ridge's b-day, not her look-alike Cass's! :p

Ridge:

Cass:

The Pack is going wild behind me, high-fiving and howling excitedly, "We fooled growler! We fooled growler!" :laughing: :o

Great pics :lovestruck: Great story :thumbs up Poor peonies.

It looks like a fun time was had by all. :crazy:

I love the head shot of Ridge :lovestruck: and Ember looks so regal with his paw on the Cuz. :cloud9:

Thanks, rainbow! :o I like that shot of Ember, too.

rainbow
June 30th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Aha!! Caught ya! :laughing: It was Ridge's b-day, not her look-alike Cass's! :p

Ridge:

Cass:

The Pack is going wild behind me, high-fiving and howling excitedly, "We fooled growler! We fooled growler!" :laughing: :o

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

growler~GateKeeper
June 30th, 2008, 12:28 AM
:headslap: of course :o

I did that a couple of weeks ago too :rolleyes:

I think I need a Pack bound vacation away from work :pawprint:

hazelrunpack
June 30th, 2008, 12:33 AM
I think I need a Pack bound vacation away from work :pawprint:

Sounds good to hazel! :thumbs up She is always appreciative of a little help around the Pack! :D

otter
June 30th, 2008, 12:45 AM
*sigh* It was the last party where Cuz will be allowed... :sad: We're currently sweating out the passage of a piece of Cuz :rolleyes:...might be in a dog but hoping it's in the grass somewhere :fingerscr... No Cuz-related signs of distress yet, but hubby made me toss all our Cuzes away... :rip: Cuzes :sad:

:sad::sad::sad:
Molly insists a few new Cuzes get added to our collection in memory of the Hazel Run departed Cuzes :rip::angel2:

I'm sure the Cuz bits will surface, no harm can come from a Cuz :D

Happy Birthday Lady (in Waiting) Ridge!
I'm so glad I stopped by in time to share it with you :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
June 30th, 2008, 12:49 AM
I hope you're right about the Cuz piece, otter! :fingerscr

And the Pack will be so happy to hear that Molly is adding memorial Cuzes. :cloud9: They felt as bad as hazel did when hubby said to throw them out.... :sad:

otter
June 30th, 2008, 01:03 AM
They felt as bad as hazel did when hubby said to throw them out.... :sad:
Don't fret pack... they had a full and joyful life as short as it was :rip: I'm sure they were spared days, possibly (not likely) weeks or months of pain and suffering :angel:
Squeek free little Cuz's (ooooooo, and think of all those happy puppies at the Rainbow bridge!!:cloud9:)

hazelrunpack
June 30th, 2008, 01:11 AM
:laughing: Well, when you put it that way, how can they help but feel better about it?! :cloud9:

:thankyou: otter.

TeriM
June 30th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Woohoo !!!!!!!!!! Love all those fabulous birthday pictures :cloud9:. The birthday girl is beautiful :lovestruck: and was obviously a very good party host. It makes me sooooo jealous to have missed the festivities but luckily with eight pups there's good odds that eventually I'll be able to get to a party :fingerscr :D.

Lukka'sma
June 30th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Hazel those are wonderful pictures and the captions are terrific.
Did Ridge's grandparents send a birthday card in the mail this year:D

Stacer
June 30th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Super birthday pics, you captured the essence of a perfect doggy day!

Happy Birthday Lady (in waiting) Ridge!!!

14+kitties
June 30th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Great party!!! Sorry I missed it. Looks like everyone really enjoyed themselves. Well, cuzs' didn't. :sad: :rip: cuzs!

krdahmer
June 30th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Sounds like quite the party... I especially like the pic of the peony aftermath!:laughing: And such beautiful doggies... all of them! :lovestruck:

wdawson
June 30th, 2008, 11:39 AM
happy birthday lady

what a great story:thumbs up

Frenchy
June 30th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Cole has always had a soft spot of Septic Trucks...loves the smell and wanted to go into septic service as a career before he found his calling in Law Enforcement...

:laughing: Cole !!! Septic tanks are no fun !!

Beautiful pictures Hazel , as always , the pack look great ! And Cass :lovestruck: what can I say , she's the first one who'll get dognap ... I mean will get the first pet when I visit them :D

ancientgirl
June 30th, 2008, 02:19 PM
What great pictures! LOL, so you didn't enjoy the peony patch shenanigans?

hazelrunpack
June 30th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Thanks for all the compliments and the birthday wishes for Ridge. She's still basking in the glow... :D

It makes me sooooo jealous to have missed the festivities but luckily with eight pups there's good odds that eventually I'll be able to get to a party

:thumbs up You bet! Got another one coming up at the end of August for Princess Lil Belle and King Ember. Not sure what they have planned for activities. :o

Did Ridge's grandparents send a birthday card in the mail this year

Yep! :D Ridge wasn't very interested, though. We tried to open it and read it to her so we could get a picture, but she kept walking away! :dog: Not sure what that was all about! :o

Cole !!! Septic tanks are no fun !!

No, but the pumper trucks are! Cole thinks they smell great! And after it's done pumping, he likes to roll in the drips on the grass--it's his 'sexy perfume'! :eeew: The first time he did it, I used about two quarts of hydrogen peroxide to clean the black and the smell off of his back. :eek: The second time the pumper came, I hosed the grass off and let it dry before letting him into the yard....and he still found a place to roll! :rolleyes:

I was never so relieved as when he announced that he'd given up his aspirations toward septic service and had chosen law enforcement as his career, instead! :laughing:

LOL, so you didn't enjoy the peony patch shenanigans?

Well, I have a choice between laughing at their persistence or crying. I can usually pull a wry smile... For a few days, the peonies are really beautiful...and then suddenly, they're bald! :laughing:

The little :evil:s!!

Ford Girl
June 30th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Aww, love the pics and story, as usual - you did a great job!!!

Happy Birthday Lady!! :crazy:

hazelrunpack
June 30th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Thanks, FG! :o