Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

GD kids & firecrackers

t.pettet
June 28th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Why does the Gov't allow firecrackers to be sold to minors and why are they in every corner store. Bloody idiot kids are starting to set them off now so we can look forward to 3 to 4 days of torture for adults, pets and wildlife.

erykah1310
June 28th, 2008, 10:23 PM
I can only think that because the govt in Ontario is more concerned with banning dogs, hiding tobacco products out of sight to protect our eyes and other insane things like that.
Fireworks, pesticide usage and the like are just not that important to them I guess.
Gotta love Ontario
Good luck with the next few days, hopefully no one gets hurt.

Schwinn
July 1st, 2008, 06:50 PM
We've got the same problem...only I refer to the idiot, inconsiderate parents who are letting the kids set them off in the back yard until past 11 on a regular week night.

The law says 18, but I'm guessing that the stores aren't checking ID and/or the moron parents are buying them and giving them to the kids.

There used to be bylaws that only said you could set them off on Victoria day, but I don't know if those have changed, or if people just ignore them. I know I've been driving by a roadside fireworks store for over a week now.

hazelrunpack
July 1st, 2008, 09:09 PM
We have a similar problem here--only here it's that you can sell the illegal varieties (the types that leave the ground; the types that explode) but not legally use them in WI. Sigh...of course they do use them...often because they figure if they can buy them, they must be legal. No one wants to 'ruin the fun' so no one enforces the law. Accidents are common... :shrug:

aslan
July 1st, 2008, 09:28 PM
you're allowed to use fireworks here, but not firecrackers. but of course people still sneak them across the border.

wdawson
July 1st, 2008, 09:42 PM
hiding tobacco products out of sight to protect our eyes and other insane things like that.
Fireworks, pesticide usage and the like are just not that important to them I guess.

pesticide is banned as of next year......fireworks should be banned....but i like when i order a pack of cigs and the guy can't find them behind all those little doors:laughing:

Frenchy
July 1st, 2008, 09:58 PM
.but i like when i order a pack of cigs and the guy can't find them behind all those little doors:laughing:

Oh yes , hiding cigarettes :rolleyes: how stupid is that ? !!!

mona_b
July 1st, 2008, 11:07 PM
The law says 18, but I'm guessing that the stores aren't checking ID

So true Schwinn.It's the stores not the Gov't.

I have been in the stores when the "kids" are buying them.And I do pipe up.

It's one of these,ummmmm that kid does not look 18..You do know it's illegal for you to sell it to them don't you........:D

They will hide the smokes,but it's ok to sell the bong pipes.....:wall::wall:

Chris21711
July 2nd, 2008, 12:01 PM
pesticide is banned as of next year......fireworks should be banned....but i like when i order a pack of cigs and the guy can't find them behind all those little doors:laughing:

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/bad_boys_20.gif

They will hide the smokes,but it's ok to sell the bong pipes.....:wall::wall:

Yohttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/Ghelyon.gifu mean these