Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost black cat Pointe Claire, Qc

evezina
June 28th, 2008, 04:40 PM
My daughter's cat has disappeared Wednesday June 25th from Braebrook in Pointe Claire Quebec (a suburb of Montreal). He is black with white markings on his face and legs. He is male, neutered, a solid medium size and 8 years old. Answers to the name of Jacob. His name comes from the fact that his face looks a little like a jack-o-lantern. His nose is black surrounded by white. Although he has been gone for only a couple of days it is not like him to miss a meal. I pray we find him befor my daughter returns from a job in Australia. If you have seen him or he is camping on your sofa or mouching your food please, please call 514-214-6524. Thank you,

marko
June 28th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Hi evezina,
effective immediately you can attach a photo to this post if you have one.

Good luck!
Marko

chico2
June 28th, 2008, 04:56 PM
THat's great Marko:thumbs up
Evezina,like we say to everyone,look for him at night-time,more than likely he is not far from home,maybe in a neighbors yard hiding in a shed or bushes.
Check tall trees and of course your animal-shelters,go in person,a phonecall is not enough,they are very busy places with lots of cats.
Good like in finding him:pray::fingerscr

badger
June 29th, 2008, 02:17 AM
I agree with Chico, you have to be very proactive about finding him. Put up some posters (a picture is helpful but a brief description would be fine too, with LOST in enormous letters to get people's attention), talk to your neighbours up and down the street, ask them to look in any garages or sheds in case he is trapped somewhere, leave something familiar-smelling outside the door, like his blanket or bed, and maybe some smelly food if it won't attract strays.
Going out after dark, calling and listening for him, is essential. Lost cats will commonly hide during the day and only venture out at night, if at all.
Good luck.

NoahGrey
June 29th, 2008, 02:40 PM
You can also leave out tuna or salmon. These have such strong oders. You should also leave something out on your porch that has your smell on it. You can also leave his letter box out.

I agree as well that it is important to be pro-active and is the key. Call Humane Societies, talk to neighbours, call vet clincs, put an ad in the paper along with picture, look in garages, sheds, under decks.

I get the understanding that this is a indoor/outdoor cat? Please leave him indoors when he is reunited with you.

You can also call the depart that deals with roadkill and ask if a cat that matches your daughters cat description. If it is a Humane Society, I know most have a freezer...incase someone comes in looking for their cat and the unforniate happened. We also do though our lost reports and see if we can match.

Keep us posted.

ACO22

cpietra16
June 29th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Evezina, I live right behind your street...will keep an eye out on him. With all the thunder we've had he's probably in hiding, not far from home. By the way are you east of hastings or west of hastings??