Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm sure my neighbour meant well

clm
June 28th, 2008, 09:31 AM
She just brought over a case of ceaser dog food. She works for a company that distributes it and I'm the only person she knows with dogs.
I haven't looked at the ingredients yet to see if it's something I'll give the boys as a once in a blue moon treat or not.

Cindy

geisha
June 28th, 2008, 11:12 AM
An occasional treat at best eh?:laughing:
Would she be upset if you gave it to the nearest shelter?

Lissa
June 28th, 2008, 11:33 AM
:yuck:

I am sure she did mean well but that is definately something I would donate... Too many questionable ingredients for me to feed my pets (even though I am sure they'd gobble it up):laughing:!

rainbow
June 28th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Yep, I agree.....donate it to a shelter. If you don't want to tell her that you think the ingredients are crappy then just say your boys didn't like it.

14+kitties
June 28th, 2008, 12:23 PM
How sweet of your neighbour! I am sure she has your boys best interest at heart. I agree with everyone else - donation time!!

growler~GateKeeper
June 29th, 2008, 12:07 AM
I'm sure the shelter would be more than happy with whatever food comes through their door :thumbs up

chico2
June 29th, 2008, 07:23 AM
I too would donate it,just say to your friendly neighbor,your pups are on a special diet and that the food will be a nice treat for the dogs at the shelter:dog:

SnowDancer
June 29th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Funny you should mention this - a man with a dog who likes no one except me, gave me a can of the same food for my Eskie - NOT A CHANCE! He is too much of a smooth operator if I don't keep him to his normal kibble - with of course the people food I know he can eat. I did buy him a couple of small cans of the HALO food produced by the company that Ellen DeGeneres bought into recently - just as a small treat - and they were cans of holistic salmon. I used it just as a topping on his Fromms kibble - with no ill effects. What really scares me are those new Purina (or is it Pedigree) entrees in rectangular cans I see at Loblaws. Yuck - although I am sure El would love them.