Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

heart broken over lost dog

Leanne16
June 28th, 2008, 12:08 AM
I hope somebody out there can help me. On June 26th, 2008 my dog was lost in the College Park area of Saskatoon, SK. She was last seen between 2-3pm running through some of the back alleys around 14th street east and Acadia Drive. Jessi is a black lab/retriever mix. She is mostly black in colour with white on her belly and paws. She weighs 90+ pounds. She is missed terribly and I want her home safe and sound with me. Jessi is a house dog, very skitterish around other people and animals. I find it hard to believe that she would have strayed too far from home. It's like she's just vanished into thin air. At her size, certainly somebody out there has seen her! I am heart sick and miss her so much. I don't know what else to do. Can someone help me?

Harry01
June 28th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Hi Leanne. This sounds a lot like my story. Maybe you should ask people in the area, dogs of that size are hard to not notice. Go to your vet and ask her for a list of numbers you should call. Put posters up ASAP, posters are your lifeline. Was your dog wearing a collar, was he chipped?.

Dracko
June 28th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Leanne, I live in Saskatoon. Have you contacted New Hope Dog rescue to see if they picked him up? If he has a microchip you'll have much more luck with the Humane Society, of course than if he doesn't.