Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

She took two!

14+kitties
June 27th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Maureen, the woman who came tonight to pick up Whiskey, brought her oldest son with her. She had her youngest with her the other night when she was here. They are both in their 20's. I guess they have been telling her she can't just get one kitten. So, she took Whiskey and Chip!
Now I only have Dale left of Chip 'n Dale but I can cope. Their names will be changed, of course. She told me I can go see them whenever I want to make sure they are settled. She has already made an appt at the vet for Whiskey. She can just take Chip with her at the same time. I gave her the info for the worming dates and my vet visit. :fingerscr everything is ok.
4 to go. :thumbs up
Darn, just thought, I added pics. Should have been in photo section.
First one is Chip, second is Whiskey showing off his finer side.

Frenchy
June 27th, 2008, 08:47 PM
woohoo ! This lady seems like a great pet owner :thumbs up

ahhh look at Chip's belly ! :lovestruck:

angeldogs
June 27th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Look at them two.

Thats great that she took 2 of them.

onster
June 27th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Yay!!

I love the markings on chip's belly! so cute :lovestruck:

rainbow
June 27th, 2008, 10:50 PM
YAY for the good news....... I'm glad her sons talked her into taking two kitties. :highfive: I'm sure she will not regret it since two are always better than one. :thumbs up I love Chip's belly too. :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
June 27th, 2008, 11:51 PM
WoooHooooo! you knew that was coming, didn't you? :D

That's great news, 14+!! Sounds like a wonderful placement! :highfive:

growler~GateKeeper
June 27th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Wonderful news :thumbs up YAY for Whiskey & Chip :highfive:

krdahmer
June 28th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Aw... good news for Chip and Whiskey! :thumbs up:lovestruck: Gonna miss these pictures though...:sad:

14+kitties
June 28th, 2008, 06:33 AM
WoooHooooo! you knew that was coming, didn't you? :D

Yep, sure did.:D

Aw... good news for Chip and Whiskey! :thumbs up:lovestruck: Gonna miss these pictures though...:sad:

kr - I still have 7 kittens in the house until Monday, then still 5. And Mylee. If I managed to find homes for the 4 I have to adopt still I will just post more of my "catty" cats! And there's ALWAYS TT!

Thanks everyone! Maureen has had cats her whole life. Her last one lived to be 23! Her hubby wasn't looking forward to the new addition. Don't know how he reacted to two! There is also a dog who has been around kitties forever too.

Chris21711
June 28th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Good job 14k that is great news. You'll just have to rescue more so that we are not bereft of pics :laughing:

ancientgirl
June 28th, 2008, 06:07 PM
What great news! I'm so happy she took two of them, since they will not be lonely now.

14+kitties
June 28th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Good job 14k that is great news. You'll just have to rescue more so that we are not bereft of pics :laughing:

Chris! Don't say that!!! One of the ferals I can't catch just had her second litter of this year. We saw her bringing them to underneath our gazebo! Now there is no hope in catching her for at least 5 weeks. :sad: I know there are at least three in this litter. I saw her bring in two and heard a third. We can't move the gazebo to get the kittens or believe me, we would. :frustrated:

growler~GateKeeper
June 28th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Geri - anyway you can rig a cattery-type fence w/roof around the gazebo until she's weaned the kits then you can :fingerscr guarentee you'll be able to nab her? You will of course have to make it a couple of feet away from the outside of the gazebo & deliver her food to the enclosure :shrug:

Just a :crazy: thought :goodvibes:

14+kitties
June 29th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Growler - that is a fantastic idea! I talked to hubby about it. He doesn't think it's feasible. However, we are thinking about taking a board of the bottom of the gazebo and reaching in for the kitties and putting them in one of the dog crates. I think mom will go in after them and I hope to get her that way. Have to wait till weather is nicer though. It's too crappy today. If we can get the babies this way I can put the whole crate in the garage and go from there. Hubby is starting to get cranky with all the kitties in the house. :rolleyes:
The only thing I am concerned about is that mom may decide if I want the babies that bad I can have them and she will take off. :shrug: Have to think about that.

growler~GateKeeper
June 29th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Do you know if she has more than one access point to get under the gazebo?

I wonder if you could grab the kittens, like you say by taking a board off, while she's under there with them - :fingerscr she'd be skittish enough to move when you remove the board so you could get the kits then maybe she'd follow into crate :shrug: or you could grab her then - wearing thick gloves of course :D

What is the diametre of the gazebo? Would mama be able to move them out of easy reach to the center?

Love4himies
June 29th, 2008, 06:39 PM
That is great news :thumbs up. You could open your own cat rescue/shelter, 14+

yettiyodamarlo
July 11th, 2008, 10:20 AM
That's great she took two!
Woo hoo!!

P.s. >> way cute pics : )