Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hot Dog Vendor!! CAUGHT YA!!!! GROSSE

Luba
July 7th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Okay, so on my way downtown to take Sadie for her appt today and what do I pass .... a hot dog vendor on his way to set up somewhere downtown no doubt.

Well, I was just a little disturbed at the fact that all the condoments were STILL on the cart!! Not refrigerated and exposed to all the dirt and pollution.

WTG dude! SO having my camera with me since taking Miss Sadie I wanted to take her picture and CLICK! CAUGHT YA! LMAO!

Public health was not impressed to say the least, they're taking the picture to confront him with it!

Wonder why we get sick from eating from vendors huh? :confused:

glasslass
July 7th, 2004, 12:16 PM
Ewwwww! Great job! You even got the name, etc. all on film!!! :D

Luba
July 7th, 2004, 12:31 PM
I have a couple more good closer ones of his name and licence number and the globby condoments sloshing around inside the cart.

I was not surprised I've seen vendors do much worse. Like sticking their fingers in the condoments and licking them off. Storing hot dogs and sausages in their truck overnight non refrigerated.

It's pretty grosse stuff. I'd never ever eat from them. I hardly EVER eat anything whe I go out. If I'm out for any length of time I sometimes take food with me or even get something simple like a plain bagel. Enough to tie me over.

glasslass
July 7th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Another case of "Ignorance is Bliss"! I've always loved the local junk food on outings. Bratwurst in Germany! Takoyaki in Japan! UMMMM! At the county fair, I do eat at the local civic organization's booths, not the carnival venders! I'm going to have to rethink doing so! :confused:

glasslass
July 7th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Actually, I guess I have thought about it! Just didn't apply what I knew about what goes on. When Den-Den had his episode of HGE, I took a big tin of Mrs. Field's Chocolate Chip Cookies to both the vet who diagnosed him and the emergency vet that treated him. I figured they might be leery of homemade cookies coming from an unknown kitchen. I guess I should be as thoughtful of what I eat! :D

Luba
July 7th, 2004, 12:42 PM
An entire food court was shut down last week in my city because of health concerns. They were reinspected and still remain closed. Rodents, droppings, roaches and so on....all the food was seized and the doors to the entire food court still remain closed.

You just never know! :rolleyes:

chico2
July 7th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Luba,and they were all chinese :eek: I've stayed away from any chinese food for years,just for that reason.
When we go out I'll usually have a steak,at least I know what's in it.
Yes,I know I should probably be a vegan,but I am a terrible veggie-cooker :D

Luba
July 7th, 2004, 06:09 PM
It doesn't matter what kind of restaurants. I stay away from all of them except for the carrot common organic one :D

melanie
July 7th, 2004, 06:13 PM
yay am so glad to be a vegetarian, so much safer, but still can be dodgy. that is sooo funny, sorry to laugh but it is just so cheeky and amazingly lazy. go luba you little detective. in australia they recently released the meat pie meat content rules, oh noooo. here , a meat pie is only required to have 10% meat content, the rest can be what you like (gravy, potato, endtrails, they have even found pig trotter bits in pies, yuckkkk). and pies are eaten every where here daily, gosh i gave one to my nephew yesterday. i find it really funny, but then i dont have to eat it do i......

Luba
July 7th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Psst uh mels whats an endtrail?

Catt31
July 8th, 2004, 06:27 AM
and I'm assuming pig trotter is poop???? :confused:

chico2
July 8th, 2004, 09:51 AM
As far as I guess,endtrails are innards,like the little bag of stuff we get in a turkey,pig-trotters are probably pigs-feet :eek:
We don't go out and eat very often,but after cooking for 40yrs sometimes I need a break,I also worked in a"high-class"restaurant for 20yrs and know all their dirty little secrets :D
Ps.Luba you are one inventive,brave young lady... :D

Luba
July 8th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Ya it's pretty grosse

When I was much younger I worked at a large busy mall here in Scarborough.

The younger staff at some of the trendy teenage places like New York Fries and Taco Bell used to use the deep frier for all kinds of things....

Including vermon :eek: It was disgusting ...

One restaurant used to smash his frozen beef ribs against the dirty filth of the back hallways to break them up AND leave buckets of earlier prepared food in the hallway UNsupervised and NO cover!! :eek:

glasslass
July 8th, 2004, 10:34 AM
If you mean "entrails", that usually refers to the intestines. Ewww! :eek:

Catt31
July 8th, 2004, 11:21 AM
Ugh! I may never eat out again!! :eek:

Shae
July 8th, 2004, 04:34 PM
yay am so glad to be a vegetarian, so much safer, but still can be dodgy. that is sooo funny, sorry to laugh but it is just so cheeky and amazingly lazy. go luba you little detective. in australia they recently released the meat pie meat content rules, oh noooo. here , a meat pie is only required to have 10% meat content, the rest can be what you like (gravy, potato, endtrails, they have even found pig trotter bits in pies, yuckkkk). and pies are eaten every where here daily, gosh i gave one to my nephew yesterday. i find it really funny, but then i dont have to eat it do i......
I have a ton of great vegie recipes if you're interested. I'm veg myself, so always looking and trying new things. :)

melanie
July 8th, 2004, 05:55 PM
NEVER EVER eat a meat pie in australia. (meat pie- is meat and bits encassed in pastry with a top, fits in the hand for easy eating, apparently not well known in USA, do canadians eat pies??), it is truly disgusting and they are eaten by the thousands, you cant get anything but pies at football and such. sorry people, should have made it clearer, bloody stupid woman, think every one understands., endtrails are the intestines and guts of the animal and pigs trotters are feet, a pigs trotter (dont you call them trotters??) now you can understand why i would rather die than eat meat in this country, especially processed meat. mmmmmm oh so tasty :D
oh shae, i just love hot food. and as a vego i find i often miss out on hot stuff as i cook for the meat eaters and then cant be bothered for myself and do get grossed out a bit anyway. my favourite vego book, Jamie Olivers (famous chef), he did a good one a few years back.i would love some newbies. send me a PM if you like, oh some new recepies, how fun, hope i dont get tooo fat :D :p :D i love greek food, esp the use of spinach and goat cheese, oooh yum.