Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Spay day and braces off today for Miss Sadie!

Luba
July 7th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Well, she is at the clinic as we speak.

They will spay Miss Sadie while she's already under for the removal of her braces. It was hard leaving her :( but she didnt care. She's in heaven with all those dogs around her.

She got to play with a 16wk old St.Bernard puppy and boy were they happy!

This is just before I dropped her off. When the attendant took her lead she ran with her LMAO and didn't even look back........zoom zoom zoom!

She kills me!

Not leaving her overnight though, gonna pick her up late this evening.

Will update when the doc calls to say how surgery went.

Princesss04
July 7th, 2004, 10:25 AM
Good luck baby! :D

Goldenmom
July 7th, 2004, 10:35 AM
Ah Luba! Good luck to both you and Sadie! She will be just fine, but I know... easy to say. Us moms worry....

Let us know when you hear something

Heather and her 3 Golden Girls

theplainsjane
July 7th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Ellie sends best wishes to Miss Sadie. :)

Luba
July 7th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Thank u ladies and furries :D

glasslass
July 7th, 2004, 11:04 AM
My dog's demeanor in the vet waiting room tells me heaps about the vet and staff. When she's happy and eager to go in, you know they treat her well! Now the waiting is the hard part - - for you! :D

Lucky Rescue
July 7th, 2004, 01:19 PM
"Brace Face" no more!! Yay Sadie! :D

When she's happy and eager to go in, you know they treat her well

Right! My Chloe tries to drag me up the vet's driveway every time we pass!

Luba
July 7th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Ok Ok Sadie update comin your way LOL

Miss Brace face is no more!

The new and improved Miss Sadie, fixed teeth and all has been out of surgery for a little while now.

The dentist said the braces did an Excellent job and the surgeon said she was 'just' coming into her first heat so she was a little uh swollen and tender.

(but I knew that lol) she was going bonkers the last three days or so, and I let them know.

At any rate, the surgeries BOTH went very well, she is sleepy and dopey and all the other 7 dwarf names too! :D We can pick her up around or just before midnight tonight.

Thanks for everyones concern and support. I may not be on much for the next few days, as I'm gonna spend time keeping miss thang from ripping her stitches out and pampering her!

chico2
July 7th, 2004, 04:20 PM
I wish my cats would do the same,carrier,car-ride means vet and howling :D
Good luck to our Sadie,after that she'll be fine and hopefully no more surgeries.Hugs!!!

glasslass
July 7th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Yea!!! Can't wait til the "after" pictures! And, you have to at least give us some progress reports! I think Brick should forgive her! She's been through a lot and needs someone to hold her paw! :D

Spoiled
July 7th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Is that you with her? You even are starting to look like her! :p

Poor girl. When we got Bentley done I was alowed to watch. He started to "die" in the middle of the operation :rolleyes: though and vet had to give him air. I'm glad no scary stuff happened to Sadie, though.

Luba
July 7th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Thats true 'Lass so true, he should forgive and forget. Afterall if she was coming into heat you can't blame her for those raging hormones :eek:

edited to add: Yes Spoiled she's starting to look like 'me' lmao (we do look like our dogs sometimes...glad I dont' have a Sharpei HAHA)
What happened to Bentley? You never told me this?

Taken last night:

Spoiled
July 7th, 2004, 05:19 PM
He stopped breathing in the middle of his neuter. Poor vet. The beeper went off to tell that his heart rate was slowing down, so she had to pump air into him. He was fine, but the vet just thought that he was putting on a show for me. Of course, I went white and my knees got wobbly.

Luba
July 7th, 2004, 05:21 PM
The vet actually let you in the O.R to watch the procedure or you were standing outside?

Spoiled
July 7th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Yup, I was in the operateing room. I was standing by the door, but not outside. I also watched a dog getting porky pine quills pulled out of his face, and a little dog getting his teeth cleaned (I had to stand outside the door for that one because of the bacteria.)

Luba
July 7th, 2004, 05:27 PM
Because of bacteria? There was infection or for risk of infection?

Spoiled
July 7th, 2004, 05:29 PM
The bacteria supposedly flys all around when the teeth are cleaned. I don't know about a risk of infection.

Luba
July 7th, 2004, 05:35 PM
You're a brave girl for watching all of that. Do you want to be a vet?

Spoiled
July 7th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Not after watching that! Imagine, cutting open animals and giving them shots for a living? I don't think my stomach could handle that. I want to run a shelter for cats only, though. :)

Missy
July 7th, 2004, 05:57 PM
I'm so glad Sadie has such a great mom to look after her. She's one lucky girl. And with those looks, man has she got a charmed life :)

glasslass
July 7th, 2004, 06:45 PM
When I was 12, I wanted to be a vet. My uncle took me aside and told me it's nice to cuddle puppies and kittens, but not to give a horse an enema! Changed my whole life he did! :D

Luba
July 7th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Ahh tx you Missy you're sweet :D Sadie gives u licks!

nice to cuddle puppies and kittens, but not to give a horse an enema

Okay your uncle was not only right but one heck of a sense of humour in that man.

Never know Spoiled ;) you may change your mind!

Luba
July 7th, 2004, 11:46 PM
We're home, got home just after midnight.

Sadie is dopey and sleepy yes and sore :( my baby!

All went well and is going well so far. Will update you as things progress.

glasslass
July 8th, 2004, 12:07 AM
Welcome home Sadie! Sleep tight in your own safe snuggly bed with your mama watching over you! ;)
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Luba
July 8th, 2004, 01:43 AM
Mama's watching over too much LOL

They really really shaved her a LOT, half way up her rib cage almost.

She's not very comfortable and hence I'm not getting sleep. More me then here probably. I wonder if I should have left her overnight :( but she's quiet and not jumping around. We have Metacam pain reliever but aren't supposed to start until tomorrow. They doped her up pretty good...she can't walk straight yet poor girl.

I should try to sleep...on the sofa near her as she wants to be on the cool ceramic floor in the foyer.

Luba
July 8th, 2004, 09:08 AM
Well we made it through the night. Got about 3 hours sleep both of us. She's resting now though.

Had breakfast, pain meds, two trips to the backyard for elimination and so far so good.

Just took these of her...as you can see she is doing very good today :D

Goldenmom
July 8th, 2004, 09:10 AM
Luba, she has GOT to be the sweetest thing! You lucked out with Sadie I tell ya! Thanks for the update, she appears to be doing just great!

Heather and her 3 Golden Girls

glasslass
July 8th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Good morning Luba! I saw on the other threads that you're up and we're waiting for the progress report! :p How did Sadie do last night? Maybe she'll think the haircut is cool and want a tattoo or belly button ring next! :cool: :eek: Uhhh, would dogs have a belly button if the cord was tied? Would we if it wasn't? :p

Luba
July 8th, 2004, 09:13 AM
There's a closer look here of her surgical area so don't open if you're squeamish okay !

Belly button and tattoos' soo funny!

Yes Heather she's my sweetie!

glasslass
July 8th, 2004, 09:24 AM
Get Well Sadie!

Luba
July 8th, 2004, 09:26 AM
Ahhh so cute and can be ripped apart in mere seconds!!

HEY SADIE look at the teddy!! GET EM GIRL! LOL

Iggette
July 8th, 2004, 09:27 AM
Oh luba....glad sadie is doing well was looking at your posts.....jeese girl have you slept yet? :eek:

Luba
July 8th, 2004, 09:30 AM
A little here and there but I will probably nap a little later on ;)

Spoiled
July 8th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Awwww, I guess with the females they have to be "cut open" more (forgive my language). Bentley only had a tiny slice (about half an inch) taken out of him. She'll be sore for a couple of days. Poor thing.

Luba
July 8th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Yah the boys got it better only losing their 'boy's

:eek:

chico2
July 8th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Luba,sooo happy it 's now all done and she's fine...I see she still has fun with that suspect looking toy :D

Luba
July 8th, 2004, 09:42 PM
Yes her pink squeaky is one of her favourites and if you like Anita, when I go pick her another up because this one is actually splitting I can get one for you too :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Luba
July 9th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Ohhh Anita, let me know if you want one of these LMAOOO

I can never get any yoga done around monkey, she's gotta be there doing something, silly girl! But I did tell her no yoga until stitches are out!

She's feelin much better today! As you can see :D

(I love my Sadie)

glasslass
July 9th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Oh dear! Really nice picture! We're not supposed to look good ourselves in the pictures! Intimidating for the rest of us! Gotta sort thru my photos - find older, younger ones! Sigh!! :p

Luba
July 9th, 2004, 02:58 PM
I'm sure you've got plenty of super pics of yourself!

We are always the most critical of ourselves in pictures! I actually wasn't gonna post this one, it was taken when I was all messy and stinky from yoga LMAO!

chico2
July 9th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Luba,you are a very pretty young lady almost as pretty as Sadie :D
I was going to write something about"the Toy"but I better not, thanks for offering to get me one :D but so far so good :D

Luba
July 9th, 2004, 05:33 PM
(ahh she blushes, tx dear)

So far so good, you certainly have a way with words my friend!!

BTW I think it glows in the dark too :eek:

Spoiled
July 9th, 2004, 05:37 PM
She looks way better now! Good luck with her stitches and everything. :)