- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

Animal Advocates

June 26th, 2008, 03:26 PM

Anyone know anything about them?

June 26th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I know a little bit but am not directly involved. Anything in particular?

June 26th, 2008, 06:24 PM
I dunno, just wondering if they're nuts I guess. I've donated to them actually, but some stuff I've read from them recently makes me wonder a bit.

June 26th, 2008, 06:31 PM
The most recent topics makes me wonder what's up as well.... I don't donate but I have my own rescue and run No Puppy Mills Canada so my money goes there.

Not sure I am too keen as to where they are headed myself.

June 26th, 2008, 06:36 PM
I do like some of what they do -- rescues, advocating against keeping dogs chained, etc.

By the way, does anyone know of anyone in Canada working against ear cropping/tail docking?

June 26th, 2008, 06:41 PM
There are Canadian reps for Dogs Deserve Better

As for docking and cropping, I haven't heard of a group that's against it here. I am sure there is one out there.

June 26th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I haven't been able to find any info on anyone who is, unfortunately.

June 27th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Never heard of them. Do you know what city they are operating from? I would not send money unless I knew that it goes to the animals. Not the people's pockets pretending to be rescuers. I have heard of groups like that. And these people know how to sweet-talk to the public. Trust me, word gets aroud and sooner or later people will find out if they are legitimate.

June 27th, 2008, 11:11 PM
They are in North Vancouver, BC. Just so you know any Canadian registered charity has their tax returns online so you can see exactly where the money went.

This is interesting: Office supplies and expenses 4840 $ 30,881

June 28th, 2008, 01:13 PM
No, they sent me a tax receipt and they do seem to use most of their money on their stated goals, which is good. I was just wondering if they were, well, nutty.

Still interested in the cropping/docking thing, if anyone has any info.

June 28th, 2008, 11:54 PM
I don't know much about them but I did look at a dog that was fostered through them. They seemed fine to me but I didn't check them out much. The dog was wonderful but it was too soon for me after losing Molly so I didn't adopt.