Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Vaccuums and Kittens - Not A Good Combo

phoozles
June 26th, 2008, 12:36 PM
The room that has Ethel and her kittens in was looking a little worse for wear, with the litter tracked all over the floor. I asked my fiance if he could sweep it up at least.. He did, and then suggested he pile it all up and then really quickly vaccuum the spot. I told him as long as it was quick, it would be fine.

Well, it wasn't quick - it was like he was in slow motion or something. All of the cats got a little freaked out, and Cappy went and hid behind the washing machine..

Afterwards, everyone got back to normal, even CC came out, but Cappy was no where to be found.. And then we heard a little mew. I hadn't heard him make that noise before - and even Ethel ran over to the washer, so we knew we had a problem..

Turns out Cappy had somehow gotten into the wall :eek:
We had to grab a hammer and do some crazy coaxing with his favorite green mouse in order to get him out..

Now we've got all these contraptions blocking the washing machine, etc., and the vaccuum is going to stay in the "off" position for some time now..

Too bad I'm running out of underwear - I guess I'll go pick up some more at the store :laughing:

ancientgirl
June 26th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Poor Cappy! I've seen programs where cats have gotten stuck inside walls. That's scary. Thank goodness you got him out.

phoozles
June 26th, 2008, 02:33 PM
It was pretty scary - luckily the house we rent is so shoddily made that it was easy to get to him.. Poor little guy - he got a lot of hugs and a couple treats to make up for it.. :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
June 26th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Treats and hugs make everything better for a kitty.:cat:

krdahmer
June 26th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Poor little guy... those big scary vacuums! I'm sure cuddles and treats made it all better!

TacoGrl
June 26th, 2008, 11:05 PM
I too am glad you got kitty out of the wall...must have been scary for him :eek:

No chance of that happening with Mooki...she follows the vacuum around hissing at it! She has even been know to swat at it!

growler~GateKeeper
June 27th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Aww Poor Cappy :grouphug: & FH & You too :grouphug:

Darn vacuums :frustrated: why must they make them so scarey :shrug:

Glad that was a fairly easy (:rolleyes:) rescue & all is forgiven now :cat:

Chris21711
June 27th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Too bad I'm running out of underwear - I guess I'll go pick up some more at the store :laughing:

Any excuse to go shopping Phoozles! :laughing:

14+kitties
June 27th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Should have sent Ally in after him. She would have ripped holes in the wall to get out. :evil:
J/k I am glad he got back out without permanent injury. It's happened to me too. :grouphug: