Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Criminal website

Rolly
July 7th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Is there a website for idiots/criminals who drop off dogs and cats in the middle of the country and assume that the animal will find a kind home???
I'm so mad i could spit.I'm still worried about my poor Harriette at the Vets and read all these wonderful stories in here about people who really love and care for their pets....and some stupid idiot last nite dumps his chihauhau (spelling) out of his car and speeds off.
My boys and i go looking for this poor animal half the night and of course he/she doesn't know us,so it keeps running...half the neighbors see us outside with flashlights and food and they join in.
I found the dog this morning,in our field.Unfortunately something had attacked it and it is dead.
We didn't get the license plate number...I really hope somebody drops the idiot out of a speeding car with no food/no money !! What a complete jerk.
Sorry for spouting off.I just can't believe some people.
Rolly :mad:

MBRA518
July 7th, 2004, 10:52 AM
Oh but don't you know small lap dogs want to be "returned to the wild"!!! :mad:

I really makes you wonder how, cruel and stupid people can be doesn't it. People used to drop off cats at my mother's farm all the time - because "all farms need cat's you know" :rolleyes: - the more pregnant the better - then it becomes the farm owners responsibility to feed them - and have them fixed if you can even catch them... oh don't get me started on the morons of this world who dump their pampered house pets in the country - "so they can be free"! :rolleyes: :mad:

All you can hope for is that death came quick to the poor little thing - and will come a little slower to the owners.

Luba
July 7th, 2004, 11:06 AM
I know it's hard to think about and even consider how someone can be so cruel and stupid....but they are. Just remember that not all of us are like that and there are many of us who would go to the ends of the earth and back for our furballs :D

Rolly
July 7th, 2004, 11:10 AM
I agree on the slow death part for the owner.
Your mother and i have a lot in common..we live on a farm,i feed about 7 strays daily on my back porch..try to catch one and take it to vet to be spayed and needled.
The one i really want is a big tomcat who is really skittish..bought an animal trap..caught a skunk..that was fun..borrowed another one from another farmer down the road and this male managed to get out of it.He is responsible for every female cat in the area getting pregnant..last week one of my sons had to open the cage fast.. because one of the kittens was in with him..the male cat was crazy..but we got the kitten ..who is now fixed..I'm almost ready to open my own shelter here..we get so many during the summer..cats/dogs/even a couple of poor little gerbiles a few years ago.
People who adopt animals (you know around christmas/easter) to impress their kids, then can't handle the animal fur/fuss then they can't be bothered to take it to the spca or some other shelter because it might cost them a buck or two ...should have to pass some type of test before being allowed to adopt.
And don't get me started on criminal breeders...one just got broken up here last summer...they probably moved down the road and started again..even with all the new stiff fines

Lucky Rescue
July 7th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Wow, Rolly, I can see you fit in just fine around here. :D

I"m in Quebec, and one of the most popular ways of ridding yourself of an inconvenient animal who grew too big, eats/sheds/barks or digs too much, or if you're moving, having a baby or buying new furniture, is to "give it to the farmer". In other words, drive out to the highway in a rural area and toss the animal out of the car. The "farmer" will take it!! :mad:

Rolly
July 7th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Hi Lucky..I'm originally from your neighborhood..born in Montreal..moved to Ontario in 68 with parents.Rolly is short for Rolande.
Still have many aunts/uncles/cousins in St Jerome/St Agathe/Huberdeau ect ect.
I love this site...many animal lovers..we had a great dane for 10 years..beautiful harlequin..died of old age 2 years ago.She was 15 years old.
I keep looking for another one..my husband bought her from a rescue shelter in the states..would like to "rescue" another one.Although the property is big enough we could probably house quite a few...but they need so much attention and her idea of a walk was me running full tilt trying to keep up.
Lol.Rolly

glasslass
July 7th, 2004, 11:49 AM
My parents were shopping in town and saw a large, luxury car pull up to a corner and a man shoved a little dog out, then took off. That poor dog chased that car for 2 city blocks trying to catch up with it. Then she returned to the corner where she had been dumped and sat and waited for him to return. :mad: They decided to take her to the ASPCA on their way home. They got as far as the parking lot of the shelter when they turned around and took her home with them. :) Mitsy was a Cairn Terror (no misspelling!) mix (we think!) She was a sweet little character that lived to almost 18 (we think!).

One man's trash - another man's treasure!

Lucky Rescue
July 7th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Hey Rolande - tu parles franšais? :D

I grew up in Montreal, but now live near the ON border! The surrounding areas here are dumping grounds for cats and dogs.

I'll keep my eyes open for a Great Dane for you! A rescue around did have one not long ago, but he was adopted quickly.

Luba
July 7th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Did someone say a great dane?

:D

Great Dane Rescue Inc.
Lindsay, ON K9V 5B2
Phone: 734-454-3683
Email:
joanne@greatdanerescueinc.com

Dog
Great Dane

Size: Extra Large
Sex: Female
I.D:

Notes: Hi my name is Cricket and I am a 5yr old Black Dane female with cropped ears that flop (thanks to my previous owners). I am house trained and crate trained and I know to sit, lie and come running when called. I do however need obedience training my foster mom says as I don't know how to walk very well on a leash. She is helping me with this using a haltie and I hope this will improve my walking habits. I am a bouncy happy dog and am at the present living with 2 male Danes(my foster brothers) and a cat who we don't discuss I just don't bother with that one. I would love a home with one dog or better yet no dogs as I need lots of attention and love, something that I have not had till now. I was previously afraid of women but I have over come that and now love and trust them and I just adore men. I am ready for adoption around the middle of June. UPDATE: I am now ready to go to my new home, and I'd love to have a friend to play with as I've suddenly realized what fun it is to run around with my foster brothers. So I really don't need to have a home with no other pets. If you are interested in adopting me, please go to www.greatdanerescueinc.com and fill out an application.
http://www.petfinder.org/fotos/ON52/ON52.2906775-1-x.jpg

Notes: PLEASE HELP ME FIND A HOME, I've been in the kennel for too long!!! Jessie is a two year old Merle female Great Dane. She is currently at the OAKVILLE HUMANE SOCIETY, this posting is a courtesy posting for them. Jessie is not good with cats and not great with other female dogs. She is very high energy, sort of a border collie in a Dane suit. She needs someone to adopt her who has Dane experience and will be willing to do lots of obedience training with her. She would probably LOVE agility as she has energy to burn. If you are interested in adopting Jessie please contact the OAKVILLE HUMANE SOCIETY at 905-845-1551.
http://www.petfinder.org/fotos/ON52/ON52.2838992-1-x.jpg

http://www.danesindistress.com/index1.htm
fill out an application with them

Rolly
July 7th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Hi Lucky..yes i speak/read and write french.have lost a bit of the language as i married an anglais and did not teach my children french...working on the grandkids...
Hi Luba..thank you very much..printed off the pictures and will show my husband...he cried like a baby when our dane died...she was his baby.