Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Toronto

mink
June 26th, 2008, 12:18 AM
Hello fellow animal lovers! I just signed up and think this is a great way to share ideas about our furry friends. I have a 14 year old Choc Point Siamese who's my baby. My husband and I are considering to rescue our first dog. Thought I could pick up lots of advice on rescue pets, and introductions to a cat. Although I should mention our cat is somewhat socialized to a small dog, but we are thinking about getting a lab / sheppard cross. :fingerscr

growler~GateKeeper
June 26th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Hi mink :D

Welcome to pets.ca :thumbs up

We are all alittle (:laughing:) pic crazy here, so when you are able to post pics we would love to see your meezer :lovestruck: What's her name?

hazelrunpack
June 26th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Welcome, mink!

I'll second that request for pics! :thumbs up

Lukka'sma
June 26th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum

aslan
June 26th, 2008, 08:53 AM
hello and welcome to the forum, and yup pictures are a must here. Some of the other members get cranky without them.

mink
June 26th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Yes - I'm working on the pictures - unfortunately my camera is better than my computer. My OS is Window 98. I'll post a pic of Minky soon.

Sabine
June 26th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Welcome to the forum ! :dog:

Radha
June 26th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Welcome to the Forum! I just joined myself and it feels so good to be among people with the same priorities. Way to go on your wish to adopt a dog. :highfive:

I've been blessed with the opportunity a number of times and there is no better feeling than to be part of another furry baby's circle of love. My Sandy is a 10-year old moggie who has dealt with numerous dogs at various levels of injury/old age/abandonment with a fair amount of equanimity. We found Spark, our dog, four years ago and he's a big boy - they've developed a great bond and I find that size really doesn't matter. You have to just take it carefully in the first couple of weeks. And like any first born, we have to remember that it's the first born that will need even more love than the newcomer!

My apologies for this unsolicited advice - your message brought back memories of our time.....

Good luck, and look forward to the pictures!:thumbs up