Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dog aggression ad

allymack
June 25th, 2008, 05:15 PM
so today i decided to work on my search for a dog aggression class for enzo, and i come across a website, so i pull it up and i am reading, i mean just by the look of the ad it didnt seem very good, but i read it anyways. The ad says no aggressive dogs in any classes. ( i thought ok, what the..i searched for dog aggression classes) but i kept reading anyways and then down at the bottom it says no pitbull type dogs in any classes! first off, what is a 'pit bull' type dog like, so how do they decided if your dog seems to 'pit bullish' to be in the classes? secondly, not all pitbulls are aggressive. i dont know why but this ad kinda ticked me off.

i know it may not seem like a big deal, but its just frustrating that they arent willing to help aggressive dogs.

i think i am over reacting to this. I mean i'm not all up in arms about it, but its just more of an annoyance.

but on the other hand i did find a place that i might be able to go with enzo, and if i like that they also offer daycare there, cheaper than the one i take him to and its closer, so i will have to see how that is too, because i want to send him to a day care a few times over the summer to keep up his socialization.

SolaMio
June 25th, 2008, 06:52 PM
If a dog IS aggressive, or has aggressive "moods", isn't that a valid reason to socialize them in a structured, supervised environment.. Such as, say, a training or obedience class?? Or am I off? :shrug:
I haven't come across that, but certainly is strange!

TMac
June 25th, 2008, 09:02 PM
so today i decided to work on my search for a dog aggression class for enzo, and i come across a website, so i pull it up and i am reading, i mean just by the look of the ad it didnt seem very good, but i read it anyways. The ad says no aggressive dogs in any classes. ( i thought ok, what the..i searched for dog aggression classes)

Allymack, if you used a search engine like Google and just entered the words 'dog' 'aggression' and 'class' into the box (without any quotation marks or anything), it will give you results that have those words anywhere in the text of the ad - even if the words don't appear together. On the other hand if you put it into quotes like this: "dog aggression class" then you will only get results that have those words together like that.

:highfive:

allymack
June 25th, 2008, 09:54 PM
i really dont know why that bothered me so much, it seems alot less significant now, that i have thought about it, i think i was just frustrated because i couldnt find any classes around ( well i eventually did, only took for ever, but it will be worth it for sure! but i am over it now, so its all good.

ancientgirl
June 26th, 2008, 08:31 AM
It bothered you because you love not just your dog but dogs in general. And to see people continually perpetuate the myth "pit bulls" are aggressive makes all of us angry. Heck, I just read this and it bugged the crap out of me too!:frustrated:

Good luck with Enzo:D