Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

All my kittens might have a new home!

phoozles
June 25th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I'm not going to get my hopes up but.. :fingerscr

Igby already has a home waiting for him. That just left Cappy and CC.
Last night I called my sister and my brother in law answered the phone. He said, "I'm pretty sure we're taking that kitten" (meaning Cappy). I said, "This is news to me - my sister hadn't said anything to me about it" He said that they had talked it over back and forth, and they are pretty interested. I said it would be best if they took both Cappy and CC ;) He said, "Who am I, you?" (what a comedian! :rolleyes:). Anyway, he asked me to send pictures of both of them, so I did, and he said my sister would call me back..

Shortly afterwards, my brother called (I rarely speak to him except at family gatherings - we just don't talk on the phone much).. I mentioned the kittens, and he showed some interest! I realised I had forgotten to send him pictures before hand, so I sent him some pics and also plugged taking both instead of just one (in case my sister put her thumb down on the whole kitten thing). I really just want a nice place for CC because she's so skittish.

Anyway, my sister called back later that night, and said they were thinking of taking CC instead - so if my brother takes Cappy :fingerscr all three will have a home! My sister knows all about CC and her hissing at me, so there are no surprises there!

It's good news if they all find homes, because we discovered yet ANOTHER litter of kittens outside next door - these ones are only about 4 wks and can barely walk :sad: These are added to the 3 8wk olds that are already out there :wall:

I think I need to move..

krdahmer
June 25th, 2008, 10:57 AM
:thumbs up Awesome news for your kittens!

And I second the :sad: for all those others outside. :pray:

Frenchy
June 25th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Good job Phoozles :highfive:

rainbow
June 25th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Excellent news, phoozles :thumbs up ......I hope everything works out. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Good luck with all the outside kittens. :fingerscr :goodvibes: How many are in the 4 week old litter? How is FH reacting to all the new kitties? You are an angel for helping them. :angel: :grouphug:

14+kitties
June 25th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Fantastic news on the adoptions!!!!!! I hope they go through. If they are going to members of your family you will get to see them grown up. So cute!!

As for the other kitties - you are starting to sound dangerously close to turning into me! Better warm FH now so he can start packing!!!! :rolleyes:
It is so hard to turn a blind eye to helpless animals. Is there any chance that the place that is feeding them would help somehow either with finding homes or with the costs of getting some of these little ones fixed? Is there any organization in your town or close to your town that may help defray costs?
:fingerscr and :goodvibes: adoptions go well!

phoozles
June 25th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Excellent news, phoozles :thumbs up ......I hope everything works out. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Good luck with all the outside kittens. :fingerscr :goodvibes: How many are in the 4 week old litter? How is FH reacting to all the new kitties? You are an angel for helping them. :angel: :grouphug:

I think there are about 4 in the younger litter. FH is the one who told me about them!

When I was on the phone with my brother last night I heard FH yelling at someone. Turns out some kids had come by from the nearby baseball diamond and had grabbed some of the 8 week olds and were taking them back to the park. So FH says to them "Put those kittens back - they don't belong to you" .. the kids said something about wanting to take them home, but FH stood his ground, and walked them back to the place next door where the kittens were..

That's when he saw the 4 week olds - he said they could barely walk - they could even be younger.. SO the kids see these smaller ones and of course pick them up - they are on rollerblades, too, so a couple of them fell while holding the babies :mad: FH gets pretty angry by this point, and starts yelling at them to put them back, that they don't belong to them :cloud9:

They eventually do, and apparently some of their parents came by and told them that they couldn't keep them..

I haven't seen the younger ones yet - I don't know if I can bring myself to do it.. Although I'm sure I'll end up going by there tonight.. *sigh*

Fantastic news on the adoptions!!!!!! I hope they go through. If they are going to members of your family you will get to see them grown up. So cute!!

As for the other kitties - you are starting to sound dangerously close to turning into me! Better warm FH now so he can start packing!!!! :rolleyes:
It is so hard to turn a blind eye to helpless animals. Is there any chance that the place that is feeding them would help somehow either with finding homes or with the costs of getting some of these little ones fixed? Is there any organization in your town or close to your town that may help defray costs?
:fingerscr and :goodvibes: adoptions go well!

I can't wait to see the babies all grown up! I really hope it works out!

The people next door are kind of jerks - they wouldn't even lend us a shovel in the winter! We don't really have a place that will cut down spaying costs - people around here look at you like your nuts when you want to help them..

FH has been spearheading this whole kitten campaign - and I FINALLY got him to admit that he wants to save them just as much as me - he just doesn't admit it in public because it's not manly..

angeldogs
June 25th, 2008, 02:51 PM
That is good news that you might have found a home for them even if it's just the one atleast it will stay in the family.

Now you have found another bunch of kittens outside already.You do have your hands full.

phoozles
June 25th, 2008, 03:02 PM
That is good news that you might have found a home for them even if it's just the one atleast it will stay in the family.

Now you have found another bunch of kittens outside already.You do have your hands full.

Plus I'll know that they'll be fed good food - my sister is already a canned food convert and once I told my brother it'll cut down on the shedding, he was sold ;)

No kidding about the extra bunch of kitties - want some? :rolleyes:

growler~GateKeeper
June 25th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Great news on the pending adoptions :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Phoozles & FH - kitten rescuers :thumbs up

FH has been spearheading this whole kitten campaign - and I FINALLY got him to admit that he wants to save them just as much as me - he just doesn't admit it in public because it's not manly..

You can get him one of these :D:
https://shop.theanimalrescuesite.com/store/item.do?siteId=310&itemId=31586&origin=12869

kimnmark
June 26th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Way to go Phoozles! :thumbs up I'm so glad that you'll be able to 'keep in touch' with the kittens as they grow. I'm sure you'll make a wonderful aunt :D

2 more batches of kittens :eek: Glad to hear that FH is on board as a kitten rescuing superhero too.:rolleyes:

ancientgirl
June 26th, 2008, 08:23 AM
That's great news about your kittens.

I think FH is a doll for wanting to help. Once you help an animal with no home, there's something inside of you, this click, that wants to do more. Looks like he's heard the click.

hazelrunpack
June 26th, 2008, 08:40 AM
WooooHoooo! That's great news, phoozles! :goodvibes: that the placements work out!

You and FH are :angel:s for protecting the kittens! :grouphug:

phoozles
June 26th, 2008, 11:08 AM
:laughing: Nice mug Growler! That would be hilarious, and his birthday *is* coming up ... :D

My sister has finally confirmed that she and her husband will take CC.. (they are actually quite excited, and I have a feeling her daughter will be very happy as well!) that just leaves Cappy up in the air.. haven't heard back from my brother yet - I think I'm going to give him the weekend, and then I'll attack with reasons he needs a kitten in his life ;)

Love4himies
June 26th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Glad to hear about CC going to your sister, :fingerscr for Cappy.