Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The vet visit and more.. (adoption!

14+kitties
June 24th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Yesterday I took some of the kitties to the vet for a checkup. I wanted to find out if a) they were healthy and ready to go for adoption, and b) what he thought of TT's issues. I also had to pick up the rest of the worm meds to administer to them here.

My vet says the kittens are healthy. No problem for adopting. That was great to hear. Their weight was from 1.7 lbs for Timmy to 3.7 lbs for Sparta. They are now 11 weeks. They were pretty well behaved there. Chip tried to escape but didn't get too far. Little dickens.

The vet thinks that Timmy is always going to be tiny. He doesn't think he is a Munchkin because his legs are longer in front than they would be if he was a dwarf kitten. His heart and lungs sounded great, every thing looked wonderful. He also doesn't think he will have any health issues due to his size. Let's hope he is right.

I must say, the more I deal with this vet the more I love him! He didn't charge me for the visit! I took three kittens in and probably spent 20 minutes or more with him. My grand total for my visit was $15.75 to cover the cost of the worm meds for 9 kittens. He does this almost every time I go in. What an :angel:!

And more news....... Whiskey, one of my newest ones, is adopted!!!! He goes to his new furever home on Friday night. One of my customers was in last week to look at the kittens. At that point I had only had Whiskey for 3 days. She came tonight with her son and couldn't believe how relaxed Whiskey was. She fell in love with him. Now she is just getting stuff ready for him and is going to pick him up on Friday! :fingerscr everything works out well for him in his new home!

4 down, 5 to go!

meg4050
June 24th, 2008, 09:47 PM
:thumbs up:candle: Awwww yay for Whiskey!!

hazelrunpack
June 24th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Sounds like a good day all around! :thumbs up

And WooooHooooo! for Whiskey!

angeldogs
June 24th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Good news all around.Whiskey and his forever home
Your vet is awsome.can't beat the price.

14+kitties
June 24th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Thanks guys! I can go visit him in his new home too. Gotta love that!!! :cloud9:
You are right angeldogs. Can't beat the price! I owe that man big time!!

angeldogs
June 24th, 2008, 11:00 PM
He like what your doing helping all those Kitties and his way of helping and saying thanks.

growler~GateKeeper
June 25th, 2008, 01:54 AM
Yay!! :highfive: for the good visit results especially for TT :thumbs up

Great news for Whiskey :highfive: :goodvibes:

Awesome vet you have there :thumbs up

Love4himies
June 25th, 2008, 08:36 AM
What an awesome vet, now there is a vet who cares more about the animals than his BMW.

Wahoo for Whiskey :thumbs up

I am glad to hear that the vet doesn't expect any health issues for TT.

krdahmer
June 25th, 2008, 10:55 AM
:grouphug:Aw congrats on all the good news! :goodvibes: for homes for the others too!

phoozles
June 25th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Great news 14+ :highfive:
Sounds like you have a great vet, and a new adoption to boot - fantastic! :thumbs up

Frenchy
June 25th, 2008, 11:43 AM
I must say, the more I deal with this vet the more I love him! He didn't charge me for the visit! I took three kittens in and probably spent 20 minutes or more with him. My grand total for my visit was $15.75

Well thank dog ! More vets should help with rescue people who do this with their own money !!! :thumbs up

rainbow
June 25th, 2008, 12:27 PM
WOO HOO for the great vet visit and Whiskey's adoption. :highfive: And, WOW ......you really have an awesome vet there. :thumbs up

14+kitties
June 25th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Y'know, if you met the guy you would think he is a country bumpkin. He is just so laid back. But I have seen him cose to tears when one of his long time patients has to be put down. It's as hard on him as it is on the owner. I really appreciate everything he does for me and tell him so.

And I swear these kitties know they are leaving me. They have all been a lot more sucky this week, little beggars. Whiskey on Friday and PC and Sparta on Monday. :sad: Gonna be a tough week. I will be in here looking for sympathy. :rolleyes:

growler~GateKeeper
June 25th, 2008, 07:35 PM
:sad: Gonna be a tough week. I will be in here looking for sympathy. :rolleyes:

:grouphug: and we'll be here to give it to you :cat: :angel2:

ancientgirl
June 25th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Way to go Whiskey! I'm so glad TT is okay and it's okay if he's just small. Somebody has to be the small one right? :D

14+kitties
June 25th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Yep, he can match me. I am five foot nothin'. I need someone to be my height! :D