Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Where can my dog go in Invermere, BC?

dogmelissa
June 24th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Hello all BC Forum members!
I have the opportunity to go stay at a co-worker's house in Invermere this weekend (June 27-30). We have his permission to bring my dog, Cube (Maltese cross). However, I know from personal experience that there are tons of places that have restrictions on where dogs can go - specifically on beaches.

Anyone familiar with the area have any insight on where I can and cannot take my dog when we go? Specifically beach areas, and though he doesn't really swim, it'd be nice if there was a place he *could* go in the water.

Thanks in advance,
Melissa

dogmelissa
June 26th, 2008, 04:47 PM
No one can help me??

TeriM
June 26th, 2008, 09:04 PM
I camped in the area about 8 years ago and had a horrible time trying to find dog friendly places so we haven't been back since :sad:. We finally managed to find some locals who directed us along a back road to a "locals" lake access where dogs were fine. I would suggest contacting the local visitor's bureau as we have found that generally they have great information on where dogs are allowed.

Hopefully things have changed since we were there, we have noticed a bunch of areas improving dog access as the demand increases :thumbs up.

dogmelissa
June 27th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks Teri - that's better than nothing. Here's hoping that because we're staying in an actual house, the neighbours might have some help to offer. Worst case scenario, we stay away from the lake and go hiking in the woods, I suppose.

It just kinda sucks that dogs can't go in the water or on the beach in most places - they're less likely to pee in the water than the babies!!

Oh well, it'll be a nice weekend away even if we can't go to the beach.

Thanks,
Melissa