Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

2 of 3 cats poisoned

Katiegatita
June 24th, 2008, 12:26 AM
I have 3 cats and 2 of them are at the vet overnight tonight. The vet said that they got into "something". I have looked everywhere and have found nothing. One cat has red bloody tissue under nose and on tongue. I caught the other one in time and he was only bloody under his nose. The other cat is still fine. The cats have been outside but only in my fenced yard. I have a suspicion that chemicalds may have leaked over from my very messy neighbor who at the very least has a bottle of bleace on their yard. However, the cats were not in their yard...Any thoughts?

rainbow
June 24th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Do you have any flowers or shrubs in your fenced yard? A lot of plants are toxic to pets. Were you watching them and sure they didn't leave your yard?

rainbow
June 24th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Here is a list of plants that can be toxic....

http://www.cfa.org/articles/plants.html

Katiegatita
June 24th, 2008, 12:58 AM
I have been looking on the net all day for poisonous plants. Do you think that they would be affected so quickly by a plant? I do have many plants in my yard including tiger lillies (although they have not blossomed yet), and ivy (but it does not looked chewed on). But again they have been here for a while and the other cats are fine. I am soooo frustrated! Even if the cats get to come home tomorrow-who's to say they won't get into the same stuff again. The vet says they will be okay, but I need to find the source. My boyfriend and I have been looking ALL DAY! The only thing we can find is the questionable neighbor's yard. Do you think I should call the EPA? My boyfriend says that they have chemical barrels that resemble the ones he sees at the rig (he works at an oil rig). Thanks for responding.
At my wits end!