Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Montreal budgie Tweety reunited with her family !

katialgs
June 23rd, 2008, 11:41 AM
Tweety was reunited with her parents on June 22 , more than 3 weeks after disappearing from her home in downtown Montreal !
Here is her amazing story ..
Tweety was discovered in a back alley by a woman leaving a bar in downtown Montreal the same night she went missing . It was pouring rain and Tweety was so wet she couldn't fly - so the woman was able to put her in box quite easily . She decided to take her to a Veterinary Hospital in a nearby suburb ( Lachine) where she left Tweety with a night nurse. The night nurse- a wonderful woman named Anick Trudel ( former SPCA employee) decided to take Tweety home and take care of her until she found her owners. Tweety lived at Anick’s house for 3 weeks with a host of other stray/lost animals including cats, dogs and chinchillas- until Anick saw Tweety’s posting on www.kijiji .ca and called her owner immediately. Tweety was returned safely to her parents– healthy and in good spirits!

BusterBoo
June 23rd, 2008, 11:45 AM
:thumbs up Wow! That is excellent news.......Good thing Tweety was found so quickly and given a safe place to wait for her owners! :grouphug:

kimnmark
June 23rd, 2008, 12:28 PM
What a lucky little bird to have been found so quickly & taken care of so well. Glad Tweety is back home!

badger
June 23rd, 2008, 02:03 PM
GREAT news. Lucky lucky bird.
I'll also start posting my strays on kijiji :).

katialgs
June 24th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Tweety was a very lucky bird - and we are so grateful someone like Anick took her in and was able to take such good care of her . Tweety is healthy and in very good spirits - she remembered all her hangouts instantly - it's as if she never left !

Sashab
June 25th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Oh, this gives me hope! My little lovebird flew off last night when his cage was accidentally knocked over. I have a Lost Bird losting here, if anyone found a very friendly one!
Congrats on finding your little friend! You have given me hope I might find little Kanoni.