Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Possible pet poisonings HIgh Park, Toronto, ON

Saradog
June 23rd, 2008, 06:37 AM
Several pets have been diagnosed with antifreeze poisoning after spending time in the High Park offleash area. More on CityTV News.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_24078.aspx

Love4himies
June 23rd, 2008, 07:40 AM
How sad :sad:

Chaser
June 23rd, 2008, 10:06 AM
What's even more sad is that after the story broke yesterday, there were still people in the off-leash area with their dogs! After yellow caution tape had been put up. Saw it on the news....:eek: Why on earth would you chance that????

kimnmark
June 23rd, 2008, 12:36 PM
That somebody would poison dogs makes me so angry:mad: and the faceless manner it which he is doing it disgusts me.
That dog owners would ignore the warnings makes me worry

mastifflover
June 23rd, 2008, 01:43 PM
That is just sick. It is obviously someone who opposes the off leash area, not like High Park is not big enough to accommodate everyone. If you do not like dogs there is lots of other areas of the park to use. Surprisingly the cleanest area of the park is the off leash area. Catch the culprit and make him or her ingest antifreeze. I am furious over this. My heart goes out to the owners and dogs who have been affected by this.

Stacer
June 24th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Yup, it's friggin disgusting. I work in High Park and am absolutely floored that someone would do this. It's so cowardly. If someone is angry with the off leash people take it up with them in a civilized manner, the dogs have nothing to do with whatever problems are going on, they just want to run and play.

mafiaprincess
June 24th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Now there are dead squirrels and raccoons as well according to tonight's news. They must have put out a fairly massive load of poison. After things like this even outside TO, I get worried to let my dogs off leash. Reminds me there are crazies..

Stacer
June 24th, 2008, 09:21 PM
What's even crazier is that today there were tons of people still walking around the park with their dogs off leash! (the off leash area where the poisonings took place is closed off for police investigation right now).

I've always had that thought in the back of my mind that the water at our off leash park could be poisoned by some lunatic, if it can happen in High Park it can happen anywhere.

meg4050
June 24th, 2008, 10:10 PM
:sad: This is exactly what killed Morgan

Some people are so sick

SolaMio
June 25th, 2008, 06:41 AM
Here is the link to the CBC story :

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2008/06/24/high-park.html#socialcomments

This is so disgusting. I really do not have the words.